Follow

X-Gene Mutant

Concept » X-Gene Mutant appears in 4017 issues.

The Children of the Atom, mutants are individuals in the Marvel Universe who are born with an X-Gene that grants them superhuman abilities. Mutants mark the next step in human evolution, known as Homo Superior.

TRUE Mutant Classifications....Only People with Logic are Allowed

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By WARLOCK2792

In other words, if you plan on acting like a fool (class Wolverine as Omega, and GTFO) don't come here.  Also, you don't have to abide by already established classes (I'm mentioning Emma as a 4, even though she's technically a 5).  This is based on what YOU have observed, and what YOU believe the classes should be.

Anywho, with everything you know about Muties, rank them (honestly) on a scale of 1-5 based on their powers/potential that has been clearly shown.  Also, don't skimp on the Omegas.  If Marvel wanted them to be rare, then they wouldn't be playing all of these games.

Emma Frost - 4
    Professor X- 4
    Magneto- 5
    Storm- 4
    Rachel Grey- 5
    Beast- 2
    Wolverine- 2
    Nightcrawler- 3
    Scarlet Witch - Unknown
    Wiccan- Unknown
    Magik - 5
    Pixie- 3
    Dust - 3
    Darwin-5
    Elixir- 5
    Hellion-4
    Cyclops- 3
    Havok- 3

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aronmorales

Professor X - ...4
    Wolverine - 1.5 or 2
    Storm - 4
    Nightcralwer - 2.5 or 3
    Scarlet Witch - 4...or maybe a 5

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Andferne

I'd say that Cyclops is a 3-4, depending on what you want to believe about how powerful his blasts are. Seeing as there are scans that have stated his beams travel as the speed of light. Where he has said he could hit Juggernaut with enough force to crack a small planet. We've seen him destroy asteroids in outer space. Punch holes in mountains and completely destroy sentinels. As well as helping to crack Onslaughts armor. I think IF he was ever to come under full control of his powers I'd rank him as a 4, but until then I'd give him a high 3.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Andferne: Good point. BTW, that reminds me

Cyclops- 3
    Havok - 3 (possibly 4)
    Vulcan- No one can rank him any lower than a 5
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andferne

So will the list at the top be edited with more people as we go along? To keep a easier to find list of who has been talked about and agreed upon? Or at least agreed upon to a general state as I know everyone won't see eye to eye on things.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Andferne said:
    "So will the list at the top be edited with more people as we go along? To keep a easier to find list of who has been talked about and agreed upon? Or at least agreed upon to a general state as I know everyone won't see eye to eye on things."
    Hhhhmmmm...........................Well, I was juggling whether or not to make individual lists, or to make one giant one that works like you mentioned.  However, I think there could be more (healthy) arguments if people tried to convince viners of their character's rank.  So, yes :)
    loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By loveNwar
    @Andferne said:
    . Seeing as there are scans that have stated his beams travel as the speed of light.
    OMG... that's hard to believe huh!?..lol  ok, last time i checked, all forms of light travel at the speed of LIGHT...
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Andferne
    @loveNwar said:
    " OMG... that's hard to believe huh!?..lol  ok, last time i checked, all forms of light travel at the speed of LIGHT... "
    IF his beams were consistent with traveling at the speed of light, then people without superhuman agility or speed would not be dodging out of the way all the time. Plus they are not technically a light. ;)
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By John Valentine

Elixir 5

Hellion 4
    Iceman 5
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By Meteorite

Iceman- 5
    Chamber- 3 or 4
    Husk- 4
    Cannonball-4

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By pixelized

Cypher - 9

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne

Chamber I would say 3, but Cannonball a 4? I would of thought he to be a 2-3. I might be missing something about him though.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @White Mage said:
    Anywho, with everything you know about Muties,
    Racist...

Seriously though, I am more familiar with Beta, Alpha, Omega, these types of classifications. The numerals are from 1-5, with Omega being something like a sixth level?
    G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By G'bandit

In wonder who classify Wolverine as omega O_O? Really all the dude does is heal and cut... The skeleton was part of experimentation which only makes his claws stronger, nothing more.

Omega if I'm not mistaken is having a incredibly powerful wide spread ability that can affect people in a large scale.

Pyro, Jean, I agree with Storm, Profesor X (Must be up there), Emma (She said it, don't that make it official?), Magneto, etc.

Although like someone who's name escapes me said: Omega is just a tittle..

I think Nightcrawler is 2 and Pixie is 3, that's why he is been acting all emo lately :P

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Morpheus_: LOL

Omega is class 5.  You can kinda figure the rest out by counting backwards.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself

I still don't think Emma meant she was an Omega level mutant just an Omega telepath and even then I disagree with that....there's no way her telepathy is as strong as Jean's or Xavier's

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @White Mage said:
    " @Morpheus_: LOL Omega is class 5.  You can kinda figure the rest out by counting backwards. "
    I wouldn't classify Storm as Omega then. Jean is level 5, and Storm is 5, as well? Doubtful.Also, Gambit is a 3 for me.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @danhimself said:
    "I still don't think Emma meant she was an Omega level mutant just an Omega telepath and even then I disagree with that....there's no way her telepathy is as strong as Jean's or Xavier's "
    I still don't know the difference. :(
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized
    @danhimself said:
    " I still don't think Emma meant she was an Omega level mutant just an Omega telepath and even then I disagree with that....there's no way her telepathy is as strong as Jean's or Xavier's "
    She was lurking in Cyclops' mind and xavier didn't even detect her.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Andferne

Scarlet Witch I would say is a 5. Her powers are so diverse and it almost seems to have no end when she goes nuts. To effect all the mutants she did has to earn her a high spot on that chart.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Andferne said:
    "Scarlet Witch I would say is a 5. Her powers are so diverse and it almost seems to have no end when she goes nuts. To effect all the mutants she did has to earn her a high spot on that chart."
    I'm prepared to argue her case as well.  I will settle at at LEAST a 4.  But she used magic SOMEWHERE in all of this.  And we don't know which power is effecting which power. 

@Morpheus_:
    I am prepared to argue her case.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself
    @White Mage said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "I still don't think Emma meant she was an Omega level mutant just an Omega telepath and even then I disagree with that....there's no way her telepathy is as strong as Jean's or Xavier's "
    I still don't know the difference. :("

i think about as being two different scales and she may be a top class telepath...I've never seen anything that would class her as an Omega mutant
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @White Mage said:
    " @Andferne said:
    "Scarlet Witch I would say is a 5. Her powers are so diverse and it almost seems to have no end when she goes nuts. To effect all the mutants she did has to earn her a high spot on that chart."
    I'm prepared to argue her case as well.  I will settle at at LEAST a 4.  But she used magic SOMEWHERE in all of this.  And we don't know which power is effecting which power. 

@Morpheus_:
    I am prepared to argue her case. "
    I think that SW has proven she has the potential for a 5...But without control, potential is nothing. I would give her a 4. And so I would with Storm. And I wouldn't count Magnus as a 5. 4 would be enough.
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Andferne
    @White Mage said:
    " But she used magic SOMEWHERE in all of this.  And we don't know which power is effecting which power. 
    True enough.

I think the difference with being an Omega level Mutant and a Omega level telepath is that being a omega level mutant you have a wider scale of powers at your disposal. An omega level telepath might just mean you are one of the more powerful telepaths out there.
    Raddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Raddra

Gambit as he is is probably a 3, but without Sinisters depowering of him, he's definitely a 5 (as New Sun)

Beast is a 2-3 depending on how you judge his intellect as a power or not.  Physically, he's a strong 2.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By danhimself
    @Andferne said:
    "@White Mage said:
    " But she used magic SOMEWHERE in all of this.  And we don't know which power is effecting which power. 
    True enough.I think the difference with being an Omega level Mutant and a Omega level telepath is that being a omega level mutant you have a wider scale of powers at your disposal. An omega level telepath might just mean you are one of the more powerful telepaths out there."

thank you for wording that much better than I did
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @danhimself said:
    "@Andferne said:
    "@White Mage said:
    True enough.I think the difference with being an Omega level Mutant and a Omega level telepath is that being a omega level mutant you have a wider scale of powers at your disposal. An omega level telepath might just mean you are one of the more powerful telepaths out there."
    thank you for wording that much better than I did "
    I thank you both for actually trying to explain it to me :)

However, I'm pissed off that Fraction introduced this type of debate in the first place.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    I argue that Storm is DIRECTLY on the fence as far as her powers are concerned. 
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @White Mage said:
    " I argue that Storm is DIRECTLY on the fence as far as her powers are concerned.  "
    I argue in comparison with other Omegas. How can Franklin Richards, who at such a young age did nothing less than creating a pocket universe, be on the same league as Storm? I still believe she is one of the top tier 4 level.
    Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Son Of Storm

Wiccan...i forget who that is?.I know i heard that name somewhere b4?.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By danhimself
    @White Mage said:
    "@danhimself said:
    "@Andferne said:
    "@White Mage said:
    thank you for wording that much better than I did "
    I thank you both for actually trying to explain it to me :)However, I'm pissed off that Fraction introduced this type of debate in the first place. "
    I'm not sure if I'm right or not but I just can't see how she could be an Omega mutant
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @Morpheus_ said:
    "@White Mage said:
    " I argue that Storm is DIRECTLY on the fence as far as her powers are concerned.  "
    I argue in comparison with other Omegas. How can Franklin Richards, who at such a young age did nothing less than creating a pocket universe, be on the same league as Storm? I still believe she is one of the top tier 4 level."
    But apparently, that kind of power isn't the only thing that makes Omegas.  Look at Iceman.  There really isn't THAT big of a difference between his powers and Storm's.  Not to mention how she created a greenhouse effect, and gathered a galactic core. 

@Son Of Storm:
    Scarlet Witch's homosexual son

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Would Dazzler be like a 3??

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @White Mage said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    "@White Mage said:
    I argue in comparison with other Omegas. How can Franklin Richards, who at such a young age did nothing less than creating a pocket universe, be on the same league as Storm? I still believe she is one of the top tier 4 level."
    But apparently, that kind of power isn't the only thing that makes Omegas.  Look at Iceman.  There really isn't THAT big of a difference between his powers and Storm's.  Not to mention how she created a greenhouse effect, and gathered a galactic core. 

@Son Of Storm:
    Scarlet Witch's homosexual son "
    Iceman is an Omega, because he is basically immortal...As long as there is water on this planet, he will be able to live.But I never said that I personally classify him as one. Thing is, between several confirmed Omega Level, there is difference in power. Vulcan is Omegap.e.

Also, where would you rank Shadow King?
    Or even Gambit? He also supposedly has the potential for class 5 (didn't he reached it briefly?).
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Andferne
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " Gambit? He also supposedly has the potential for class 5 (didn't he reached it briefly?). "
    If Sinister did not tamper with his powers, then Gambit would of had the potential to achieve a class 5. But because of that I would place him close to Cykes level as a 3.

Shadow King I want to say 4.
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rothschild

In the X-Men Story Arc The Twelve.. Werent Each of the twelve  Extrememly Powerful?
    I'm only asking because i'd like to get rough estimates on these characters classifications

Magneto
    Polaris
    Storm
    Bishop
    SunFire
    Cable
    Mikhail Rasputin
    Iceman
    Prof. X
    Phoenix
    Living Monolith
    Cyclops

and a 13th Franklin Richards or Nate Grey interchangably?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Andferne said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " Gambit? He also supposedly has the potential for class 5 (didn't he reached it briefly?). "
    If Sinister did not tamper with his powers, then Gambit would of had the potential to achieve a class 5. But because of that I would place him close to Cykes level as a 3.Shadow King I want to say 4. "
    I placed him there myself earlier. And a 4 is fine for Shadow King. What do you think about Magneto, or Storm (debate with White Mage)? And what about Cable?
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rothschild
    @Andferne said:
    "@Morpheus_ said:
    If Sinister did not tamper with his powers, then Gambit would of had the potential to achieve a class 5. But because of that I would place him close to Cykes level as a 3.Shadow King I want to say 4."

Dude youre trippin Shadow King should be a 5... And pairing Storm with him makes her about a 5...
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " Would Dazzler be like a 3?? "
    Could be. If she ever used her potential, she could be a 4.Of course, that is what Emma Frost said about Jubilee, and look where that got us. People run around saying is a 5.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Morpheus_ said:
    " @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    Could be. If she ever used her potential, she could be a 4.Of course, that is what Emma Frost said about Jubilee, and look where that got us. People run around saying is a 5. "
    hmm okay

Would Rogue be more higher then what she used to be now that she could touch people without hurting them..
    Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Andferne
    @Rothschild said:
    " Dude youre trippin Shadow King should be a 5... And pairing Storm with him makes her about a 5... "
    I have not seen much from him over all to make me place him as a 5. I'm open to being changed with a refreshment coarse with what all he has done and is capable of.

@Morpheus_ said:
    " What do you think about Magneto, or Storm (debate with White Mage)? And what about Cable? "
    Magneto I would say a 5. Not only does he have the power to place him there, but he has the control and feats to back it up.
    Storm, I am on the fence with. I know she has a wide variety of powers at her hands, and skilled use in them. I just don't feel right with putting her at the levels of the others in the 5. I would say a high 4, 4.5(4.8) if we allowed decimals. I just don't see enough consistency on her powers. Some of her feats would place her there, but then we don't see that stuff for a while again.
    Cable I would place at a 4.
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rothschild
    @Andferne said:
    "Chamber I would say 3, but Cannonball a 4? I would of thought he to be a 2-3. I might be missing something about him though."

Remember he DID beat Gladiator 1 on 1
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Rothschild said:
    " In the X-Men Story Arc The Twelve.. Werent Each of the twelve  Extrememly Powerful?I'm only asking because i'd like to get rough estimates on these characters classificationsMagnetoPolarisStormBishopSunFireCableMikhail RasputinIcemanProf. XPhoenixLiving MonolithCyclopsand a 13th Franklin Richards or Nate Grey interchangably? "
    I believe they were the ones able to take down Apocalypse; each and every one of them represented a different element necessary to take him down. They were not the 12 most powerful on the planet per se.
    ENGLENTINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1004

#44  Edited By ENGLENTINE

Cypher - 1
     Wolfsbane - 2
     Cable - 3
    Cannonball - 4
    Legion - 5

I would argue a case for being a high classification considering he healed from nothing to normal in a matter of a couple of panels when he battled whats his name, you know the exploding guy that caused Civil War. I forgot his name ... Nitro, I think it was Nitro. Any way, in their fight, nothing to normal in a couple of panels.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Andferne
    @Rothschild said:
    " Remember he DID beat Gladiator 1 on 1 "
    Unfortunately Gladiator is treated like a jobber majority of the time.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @Morpheus_ said:
    " @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    Could be. If she ever used her potential, she could be a 4.Of course, that is what Emma Frost said about Jubilee, and look where that got us. People run around saying is a 5. "
    hmm okayWould Rogue be more higher then what she used to be now that she could touch people without hurting them.. "

According to clasifications, having an ability that is undoubtedly powerful (Rogue's absorbing powers, or Cyclops' beams), but you are unable to fully control it (Cyc can't open his eyes without glasses or a visor, Rogue absorbs powers freely, but not at will) ranks you lower than what you could have been normally.Rogue could have been close to 4. Now she is a 3, at least in my book.

@Andferne
    said:
    " @Rothschild said:
    " Dude youre trippin Shadow King should be a 5... And pairing Storm with him makes her about a 5... "
    I have not seen much from him over all to make me place him as a 5. I'm open to being changed with a refreshment coarse with what all he has done and is capable of.

@Morpheus_ said:
    " What do you think about Magneto, or Storm (debate with White Mage)? And what about Cable? "
    Magneto I would say a 5. Not only does he have the power to place him there, but he has the control and feats to back it up.Storm, I am on the fence with. I know she has a wide variety of powers at her hands, and skilled use in them. I just don't feel right with putting her at the levels of the others in the 5. I would say a high 4, 4.5(4.8) if we allowed decimals. I just don't see enough consistency on her powers. Some of her feats would place her there, but then we don't see that stuff for a while again.Cable I would place at a 4. "
    Magneto's feats are indeed impressive, but I am somewhat heitant to rank him a 5, in comparison with others. Same with Storm. And what do you think of X-Man? A 4?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself
    @Rothschild said:
    "@Andferne said:
    "Chamber I would say 3, but Cannonball a 4? I would of thought he to be a 2-3. I might be missing something about him though."
    Remember he DID beat Gladiator 1 on 1 "

he's also an Eternal
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    hmm okayWould Rogue be more higher then what she used to be now that she could touch people without hurting them.."
    I think Rogue is a 2 that can "adopt" other levels. 

@Andferne said:
    Magneto I would say a 5. Not only does he have the power to place him there, but he has the control and feats to back it up.Storm, I am on the fence with. I know she has a wide variety of powers at her hands, and skilled use in them. I just don't feel right with putting her at the levels of the others in the 5. I would say a high 4, 4.5(4.8) if we allowed decimals. I just don't see enough consistency on her powers. Some of her feats would place her there, but then we don't see that stuff for a while again.Cable I would place at a 4."
    I've wanted Magneto to be confirmed for quite some time now.  I also believe that Storm is at least a 4, with 5 potential.  I love her too much to go overboard about the title though. 

@Rothschild said:
    Dude youre trippin Shadow King should be a 5... And pairing Storm with him makes her about a 5... "
    Shadowking is a joke compared to the heavy hitting psychics.

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx:
    I think she's a 4

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rothschild
    @Andferne said:
    "@Rothschild said:
    A great and more recent example would be Psi-War in X Men#78 where he wouldve Salughtered the X Men, if not for Psylocke  over-Exerting herself and shorting out her powers for a while...

Shadow King:
    -Emotionally Scarred Wolverine.. Made him a blubbering baby...

- At First Melted Psylockes mental state into mush(dunno who she recovered)

-Exploited Marrows lack of pleasure with her physical appearance(Made he bone shards explode all over her body

-Made Cannonball have thoughts of is dad killing him

-Used Storms claustrophobia against her

- A promises Reyes and Maggot things they always dreamed of(which distracted them)
    Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rothschild
    @danhimself said:
    "@Rothschild said:
    "@Andferne said:
    Remember he DID beat Gladiator 1 on 1 "
    he's also an Eternal "

Cannonball is?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.