Omega-level Mutants

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Omen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm new to this site, but I have a vast wealth of accumulated knowledge of everything Marvel and I noticed that a lot of people in the other message forums for this topic are having trouble figuring out who is, and who isn't an omega-level mutant. So basically, this is a list of all of the definite and potential Omegas I can think of off the top of my head. Most are listed as their real names so as to avoid confusion, but some aren't. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them.

Definite Potential

Jean Grey

Madelyn Pryor

Nate Grey

Nate Summers

Stryfe

Rachel Grey

Gabriel Summers

Mikhail Rasputin

Illyana Rasputin

Jamie Braddock

Franklin Richards

Decibel

Scarlet Witch

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

jubilee?

#3 Posted by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

u forgot ice man as omega

caption
#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"jubilee?"
Not anymore.
#5 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

That list is completely wrong, there are only eight confirmed Omegas.

#6 Edited by Dark King (3727 posts) - - Show Bio

omega is a really vague description doesnt really matter or show any real power lvl when ppl have power over different aspects of everything.

#7 Posted by Omen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice-man is on the list kinda near the mid-bottom. Also I made the list with optimum strength levels for the characters in mind. So Jubillee and Sunfire are both on the list even though they are currently depowered. Sorry if the list didn't fly with you, but the concept of an omega mutant is very sketchy to pin down completely and the list is definitely opinionated. I just meant the list as a starting point for anyone looking and just wondering. Hope it helped in some way, and if you have anyone you think should have been there and wassn't, or is and shouldn't be, feel free to post it.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22553 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think any mutant is an "omega mutant"

#9 Posted by never give up (9604 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"That list is completely wrong, there are only eight confirmed Omegas."
lol.
#10 Posted by cennobite (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok one problem with that since when is Sunfire an Omega level. Iceman is an Omega level, just look at him the Age of Apocalypse and in the Ultimate X-Men Bishop commented that he has unlimited potential. In the Messiah Complex he easily defeated Sunfire by stopping using his powers which were based on heat. So he can control all thermal reactions, now that's power.

#11 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

decibel an omega level?
gambit an omega?sorry but Gambit isnt,just compare him to "new sun" gambit (Gambit alternative version that IS an omega level)
Storm isnt too,i mean her powers arent without potential,she needed a machine to affect the world (on a story line with inteligent dinossaurs or something like that)
madeline pryor?dont know much about her,but i doubt
Iliana isnt an omega too,she is only very strong because she knows some magic tricks
mikahil?didnt Colossus nearly killed him once?(at Colossus mini-series)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.