Follow

X-Gene Mutant

Concept » X-Gene Mutant appears in 4017 issues.

The Children of the Atom, mutants are individuals in the Marvel Universe who are born with an X-Gene that grants them superhuman abilities. Mutants mark the next step in human evolution, known as Homo Superior.

mutant powers

ozeol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ozeol

So I just thought I'de ask you guys what you think about some mutant characters "extra" powers? I for one don't really like them because it just makes some characters overpowered. Also the adventures of the X-Men would be much more interesting if it was just them as regular people but each of them possessing a SINGLE power. If they would be considerably weaker than the "regular" (non-mutant) superheores it would make their victories all the more glorious. I think the movies do a pretty good job of this. There the X-Men are essentially a strike force who use their specific power instead of guns. Neither of them is a demigod with collections of powers (well maybe Logan).
    The exception should be Rogue. I think it's a cool aspect of her character seeing her train and getting used to a new set of powers that she will eventually lose (and starting over). 

Powers that shouldn't be:

Emma's diamond form
    Magneto's flying, forcefield and energy projection
    Storm flying and shooting lightning bolts from her hand
    Colossus' superstrength (he should merely "just" be a guy whose really hard to injure)
    Psylocke's psi blade & katana (give her a real one).
    Angel's healing factor. 
    Darwin's shapeshifting ability is way too much power from mutation
    Banshee, Syrin, Cannonball flying. These guys are basically supermen in their abilities to fly. This just takes away the effect that makes Angel special.

So there you go. If you agree leave a comment. If you don't then do the same.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle
    @ozeol said:

So I just thought I'de ask you guys what you think about some mutant characters "extra" powers? I for one don't really like them because it just makes some characters overpowered. Also the adventures of the X-Men would be much more interesting if it was just them as regular people but each of them possessing a SINGLE power. If they would be considerably weaker than the "regular" (non-mutant) superheores it would make their victories all the more glorious. I think the movies do a pretty good job of this. There the X-Men are essentially a strike force who use their specific power instead of guns. Neither of them is a demigod with collections of powers (well maybe Logan). The exception should be Rogue. I think it's a cool aspect of her character seeing her train and getting used to a new set of powers that she will eventually lose (and starting over).  Powers that shouldn't be:  Emma's diamond form Magneto's flying, forcefield and energy projection Storm flying and shooting lightning bolts from her handColossus' superstrength (he should merely "just" be a guy whose really hard to injure) Psylocke's psi blade & katana (give her a real one). Angel's healing factor.  Darwin's shapeshifting ability is way too much power from mutationBanshee, Syrin, Cannonball flying. These guys are basically supermen in their abilities to fly. This just takes away the effect that makes Angel special.  So there you go. If you agree leave a comment. If you don't then do the same.

I agree with this post 100%

never understood why Storm can generate Lightning, she controls weather not generates it, It would be like  Magneto manifesting metal. Storm flying could happen but the amount of wind she would have to create would destroy everything around her

Banshee and Siryn flying is logical though as evidenced by the "First Class" film, they're simply using the force from their scream to "bounce" off the ground, and Cannonball....I've never been exactly sure how his power works
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Ignore ^ that post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.