If you were a Mutant?

#1 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only been on this forum for a few days and I AM LOVING IT!

I have noticed a lot of X-Men fans out there, So I wanna know if you were a mutant, what you want to be able to do. Try to steer away from things like "Access any bank account in the world... and teleportation"

Be creative.

#2 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd want to be born as like a living moon-type thing. As in, I would have all the powers of the moon. I don't know how you would work that into genetics, but I could control water(since the moon controls the tides), I could be a werewolf(werewolfves....full moon...duh.), I could probably be able to shoot moonlight, so, yeah...

#3 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

wow man, i would never have thought of something like that. bit close to storm but i think if you were on a beach, and some big guy came a crushed your sand castle, ud make a tidal wave and crush him, his house, his family, his car etc... ive had some messed up childhood experiences on the beach, we'll leave it at that. you would basically control all other werewolfs too!
Post Edited:2007-12-02 10:22:29

#4 Posted by cpt_linger (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#5 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

Toxic farts. That way I wouldn't have to listen to people complain that they smell, because they'd be dead.

#6 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

<- See Profile

#7 Posted by GuardianAngel (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Cryo-wolf, if you had the power to control the tide, and used it, you'd be pulling water from elsewhere. Big enough un-naturally-scheduled wave, and you might cause whales to beach elsewhere. ;)

#8 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want reptilian attributes, like my profile. You know scales, tail, strength, campuflage, claws, fangs, able to cling to surfaces, heightened senses, and agility

#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to have reality manipulation, to chnage the bad things of the world.

#10 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

The physical and psionic ability to manipulate magic.

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"The physical and psionic ability to manipulate magic."

nice

#12 Posted by ElusiveStorm (2777 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd be ElusiveStorm, just look up my page.

#13 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want the powers listed on my page. Look it up. I am all sorts of powerful.

13th

#14 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix God says:

"I would want the powers listed on my page. Look it up. I am all sorts of powerful.13th "

Why do you list telekinesis, telepathy, psychokinesis, etc, if you end up adding "omnipotent"? Doesn't that one word pretty much say it all?

#15 Posted by Phoenix God (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Gloom says:

"Phoenix God says:
"I would want the powers listed on my page. Look it up. I am all sorts of powerful. 13th "
Why do you list telekinesis, telepathy, psychokinesis, etc, if you end up adding "omnipotent"? Doesn't that one word pretty much say it all?"

Well, technically, omnipotence is power with no limit. You kind of have to have a power first so that it can be limitless. Though technically, there are numerous definitions of omnipotence because of the religious angle. I wasn't intentionally being redundant; just trying to be specific.

The argument can be stated as follows:

1) If a being exists, then it must have some active tendency

2) If beings have some active tendency, then they have some power to resist God

3) If beings have the power to resist God, then God does not have absolute power

For example, though I might control a lump of jelly-pudding almost completely, the inability of that pudding to stage any resistance renders my power rather unimpressive. Power can only be said to be great if it is over something that has defenses and its own agenda. If God's power is to be great, it must therefore be over beings that have at last some of their own defenses and agenda.

Thus, if God does not have absolute power, God must therefore embody some of the characteristics of power, and some of the characteristics of persuasion. This view is known as dipolar theism.

Have I gone too far? Basically, I was just trying to emphasize the infinite level of my powers. The fact that others can try to resist only reinforces how powerful I am.

13th

#16 Posted by Gloom (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix God says:

"Have I gone too far? Basically, I was just trying to emphasize the infinite level of my powers. The fact that others can try to resist only reinforces how powerful I am.13th"

No, what you said made sense, I think. I guess I've always just interpreted omnipotence as the ability to do anything. However, from your point of view, I suppose it makes sense that you've added omnipotence and not out of redundancy.

Point taken.

#17 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want to be blind, but have superhuman senses kinda like Daredevil. I would also like to have Omega Level Telekinesis and mental blocks capable of defending against the worlds most powerful telepaths.

#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i think Chronokenisis would be the only power i'd want...

though "gleeping" you also be useful to have in emergencies

M

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"what"

what what?

M

#20 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"i think Chronokenisis would be the only power i'd want... though "gleeping" you also be useful to have in emergencies M"

what

#21 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"vegeta says:
"what"
what what? M "

lmao what is that

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

vegeta says:

"lmao what is that"

Chronokenisis is control over time with your mind...

Gleeping is the ability to duplicate items you hold, say you hold a gold coin and 'gleep' a copy of it into your other hand

M

#23 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

Instead of just answering time control as per usual, I'll expand my list a little.

Time control, Telekinesis, Teleportation, Duplication (self/others/objects), Energy Manipulation, Shapeshifting, Technokinesis, Mass/Density control (of self and others), Super Speed or being Laplace's demon. I think I'd be happy with any of these. (And throw in telepathy just because there are so many different ways to use it.)

Also including some power sets from characters I like: Jack Hawksmoor, Magneto, Spider-Man, Iceman, Ambrose Chase, Cyborg Superman, Midnighter.
Post Edited:2007-12-02 18:00:16

#24 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"vegeta says:
"lmao what is that"
Chronokenisis is control over time with your mind... Gleeping is the ability to duplicate items you hold, say you hold a gold coin and 'gleep' a copy of it into your other hand M "

ahhhh!

#25 Posted by smeagollk (27 posts) - - Show Bio

transforming potential energy into kinetic like gambit, only without limitations like organic matter... then i could warm up my coffee easily when i pour cold milk in it :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.