depowered mutants

#1 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering...wiith jubilee and the other trillion mutants that were depowered, should they be changed back to human on here or leave them as mutants?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Just wondering...wiith jubilee and the other trillion mutants that were depowered, should they be changed back to human on here or leave them as mutants?"
I think they shouldn't be changed to human because they were born mutant.
#3 Edited by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

but they aren't mutants now.

like psylocke, she was born white but now she's asian. so she has to check a whole new box
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"but they aren't mutants now.

like psylocke, she was born white but now she's asian.
"
So then she she should be classified British like it says in most of her descriptions in the handbooks and encyclopedias.
#5 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

where it says race, british was never an option

#6 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"where it says race, british was never an option"
oF COURSE it is.British or English.
#7 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

lol.

its like they got a sex change....they we're born one way then changed to another and now live life as the other half
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/glossary/showentry.asp?fldAuto=829

Psycloke-Nationality-English
#9 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"lol.
its like they got a sex change....they we're born one way then changed to another and now live life as the other half
"

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

[=

#12 Posted by Steel Panther (84 posts) - - Show Bio

How long do you guys think they're gonna stay depowered for? Quicksilver is back, so there's no telling who's next.

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
Steel Panther said:
"How long do you guys think they're gonna stay depowered for? Quicksilver is back, so there's no telling who's next."
I would assume none of the New Warriors are getting their powers back.
#14 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

jubes can be switched to a human?

[=
#15 Posted by Dementia5 (686 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Steel Panther said:
"How long do you guys think they're gonna stay depowered for? Quicksilver is back, so there's no telling who's next."
I would assume none of the New Warriors are getting their powers back."

Never say never.
#16 Posted by fesak (6982 posts) - - Show Bio
Steel Panther said:

There's quite a few who is repowered already:

Abyss
Fatale
Feral
Gazer
Magneto
Mulholland
Polaris
Professor X
Quicksilver
Reaper
Sunfire
Thornn
Wild Child

Makes you wonder what the point is.
#17 Posted by Renascence (128 posts) - - Show Bio

More than anything, I really dislike the concept of "depowered mutants" or ex-mutants or whatever.

I think the magical aspect of it really takes away from the analogy to real-life minorities.

I like a lot of depowered characters (Wind Dancer! Scanner! Rictor!) but I would be fine if the depowered mutants were shunned off into another dimension for the sake of the mutant/X-Men concept.  Or at least just keep a handful of the few "ex-mutants" who've managed to stay relevant because at this point undoing Decimation seems just as tedious as keeping up with this endangered species by magic nonsense.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.