X-Force; Marvel's Death Squad or the Dark Side of the X-Men?

Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this topic has been done before but I'm gonna blog it anyway. The X-Force (not the original) was brought together by Cable and the members were Wolverine, Archangel, Wolfsbane, Elixir, Warpath, and Vanisher (after Elixir gave him a tumor in the X design). And I've read a good number of their issues, waiting to read sex and violence. My question is, what do you view the team as (even the fact the roster ahs changed)? Are they Marvel's Death's Apprentices or are they just the team that does what the X-Men won't? I guess I'm kinda asking is their relationship with the X-Men similar to that of Batman and Jason Todd? What one refuses to do the other does it gladly and relentlessly? What are your thoughts on everything?    
#1 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, Cyclops gathered X-Force because he was desperate.

#2 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame said:
"In my opinion, Cyclops gathered X-Force because he was desperate. "
#3 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@Braxxis7:
Cyclops gathered them after Cable was on the run with Hope, right? then Cable called them to help him protect her.
#4 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers said:
" @Braxxis7: Cyclops gathered them after Cable was on the run with Hope, right? then Cable called them to help him protect her. "
Yes. Cable went with Hope into the future. First, into the Age of Stryfe and then into another point in time in the future, with Bishop trying to hunt them down.
#5 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Exactly. But I think we went off topic. Any ways, I'm pretty sure that it's a Batman/Jason Todd relationship. I'm kinda hopin for a brawl between both teams, I doubt it'll happen but the people deserve something like that. The Avengers beat the hell outta ech other in Civil War (and I didn't see the X-Men anywhere) even the Fantastic Four fought in Civil War.
#6 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio
@SladeRogers said:
" @Edamame: Exactly. But I think we went off topic. Any ways, I'm pretty sure that it's a Batman/Jason Todd relationship. I'm kinda hopin for a brawl between both teams, I doubt it'll happen but the people deserve something like that. The Avengers beat the hell outta ech other in Civil War (and I didn't see the X-Men anywhere) even the Fantastic Four fought in Civil War. "
I apologize for digressing, but your question prompted such. LOL
#7 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-force is the Black OPS of the x-men, the x-men has a no killing image to uphold however sometimes bloodshed is required and that when the special forces go to do the real dirty work while the normal x members stay clean and smile in front of the camera's, Kind of like the NAVY SEALS of the xmen

#8 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@VIZION2010:
I like that. Really. But, it's kinda stereotypical of them to use Logan as the "Undertaker" of the group. Oh, and what happened to Warpath and X-23 and Domino? I can live without Elixir and Vanisher maybe even Wolfsbane, but Warpath and X-23 were kinda my other two reasons for reading. This pisses me off. Oh, well, I'll just have to deal with it. I hope Daken shows up and Logan's brother John. I'd love to see him in his younger days fighting his younger brother. Damn now I'm off topic again. LOL!!!!!
#9 Posted by VIZION2011 (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed

#10 Posted by notorious (37 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah liked warparth n x 23 but i started wit 4 the last time so hopefully it will grow again i can see daken joining x force tho but anyway yeah x force kill peeps :)
#11 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@notorious:
yeah Daken would be a fine edition. of course, if X-23 comes back then the whole Wolverine Family would be together (excluding Sabretooth). But, Logan wouldn't trust Daken enough to let him join them. Especially after what happened with Romulus.
#12 Posted by BURNTHEPRIEST (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Just started reading X-Force a few days ago, totally love it. I agree with VIZION2010's take on them, although I haven't gotten that far yet, I am disappointed to hear of X-23 & Warpaths departure as they add to the kick-assness of this team!

#13 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was justifiable before, but now I'm seriously thinking Logan has just lost it. I know, I know, but doesn't it just seem kinda crazy? I mean, this team is made up of people who can and will do some damage. Deadpool, just Deadpool, though I will defend his being on the team; he's nearly indestructible, and after what happened to Cable, I can see why he wouldn't mind this arrangement. Trust me, there will be something about how he's doing this partially because he thinks it's what Nate would've wanted. And then there's Logan. Then we have Archangel, who has money and who is insane and who will not tell Scott, at all. Do we even know in control Warren is when he's like this? Fantomex, he's got the car/slash cool ship. And then there's Betsy, sweet, sweet Betsy...wait, what was I saying? Oh, yeah, that this incarnation is mostly there to tell us that old man Logan has lost it. One of his best friends is dead, his son hates him and that will probably never change, and then there's everything else. Laura, I mean, guys with daughters, if that was your kid what would you do? Let's face it, this is here because Logan has lost it.
#14 Posted by SladeRogers (291 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosebunse:
Somewhat of a point. Logan has gone off the deepend a little, but here's an even better analysis; the whole team is built up of damn near psychotic killers!!!!!!! Logan (a daughter and son he didn't raise, Laura doesn't hate him, but remember she blames him for her torment. Daken, his only son, wants his head on a platter. He killed his own brother and father. Sometime in the future he kills his other brother John. Add in the fact every woman he loved gets killed and you have a time bomb on five seconds.), Archangel (Altered by Apocalypse both physically and mentally, he's gone into violent fits and even damn near killed Cyclops in one of the X-Force issues, Oh, and he's insane), Deadpool (he's Deadpool, need I say anymore), Fantomex (I'm not really sure of this guy, but he was in the Weapon X program so you know he's on his way if he's not already crazy), Psylocke (the beautiful girl with a mean streak), and of course Domino (Cable's former lover, he's dead and didn't she love him or something? yeah, completing the psychotic killer team).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.