X-Force gets a new line up in Marvel Now!

#1 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and X-Force marks both a return and a reinvention of the X-Force concept, Hopeless told CBR.

"When Nick Lowe asked me to pitch the book, he said X-Force has a history of reinvention. Every time there's a new X-Force title, it's miles different from the previous incarnation. Then Nick asked, 'What would your version of X-Force be?'

"That was a really cool and interesting challenge, especially because right after that, he said, 'But make it about Cable,' and hung up the phone. I had to figure out a story that would reinvent X-Force while also taking the book back to its Cable roots."

Hopeless says Cable is "Mad Max meets Steve McQueen as played by the T2 Terminator," and that "He just wants whatever horrible thing he has to do done fast, so he can steal five minutes peace after."

Early in the first arc something will happen that will put Cable and X-Force on the run with Havok and the Uncanny Avengers coming after them hence the teaser:

"From their perspective, this X-Force is a team of super villains," Hopeless told CBR. But he equates the squad more to a "Mission Impossible" team in the middle of the movie. The book is part crime/heist, part international spy chase, and part big superhuman action.

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! Not Colossus on X-Force :(

Dr. Nemesis looks pretty bad ass, I like the new looks and other than Colossus being there I like the team.

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58278 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha!
BB

#4 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Dr. Nemesis looks pretty bad ass, I like the new looks and other than Colossus being there I like the team.

whats wrong with Colossus?

#5 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

FORGE!!!!!!!!!! YEY FINALLY!!!!!

#6 Posted by Mutant God (3081 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really into Forge being on the team would rather have Pixie or Warpath or someone who is actually alive

#7 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio

DOMINO!!!!!! **dies**  

K will ignore whose writing and why Colossus is here and everything else and just be ignorantly happy.  

#8 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Blood1991 said:

Nothing he is my second favorite X-Man and I'm glad he has his hair back, but he doesn't fit on a team like that in my opinion. He isn't a "do whatever is necessary to complete the mission" character even though Marvel has been pushing him down a darker road for years he still doesn't fit to me.

#9 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Blood1991 said:

Nothing he is my second favorite X-Man and I'm glad he has his hair back, but he doesn't fit on a team like that in my opinion. He isn't a "do whatever is necessary to complete the mission" character even though Marvel has been pushing him down a darker road for years it still doesn't fit to me.

tbh ever since he was brought back way back i the early issues of Astonishing X-men Colossus has been shown to do what is necessary. Long before the whole Juggernaut deal.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

DOMINO!!!!!! **dies** K will ignore whose writing and why Colossus is here and everything else and just be ignorantly happy.

what's wrong with Hopeless?

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13651 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does Deadpool have to leave this for the frakking Thunderbolts.....

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus. I nut sure.

Warpath would have been a better choice, if he hadn't gotten all that development.

#13 Posted by cattlebattle (13214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@Kallarkz said:

Nothing he is my second favorite X-Man and I'm glad he has his hair back, but he doesn't fit on a team like that in my opinion. He isn't a "do whatever is necessary to complete the mission" character even though Marvel has been pushing him down a darker road for years he still doesn't fit to me.

I actually think Colossus has one of the biggest body counts among the X-Men...all were times when he thought he was doing what was necessary...he fits in perfectly.
#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kallarkz said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Blood1991 said:

Nothing he is my second favorite X-Man and I'm glad he has his hair back, but he doesn't fit on a team like that in my opinion. He isn't a "do whatever is necessary to complete the mission" character even though Marvel has been pushing him down a darker road for years it still doesn't fit to me.

tbh ever since he was brought back way back i the early issues of Astonishing X-men Colossus has been shown to do what is necessary. Long before the whole Juggernaut deal.

Yeah..... Still don't like it, but I understand why they pushed him that way, but I still hold on to the old Colossus that wouldn't hurt a fly without very good reason. I just feel that this puts the old Colossus that was in the coffin and buries him. I just need to grieve abit. I wonder if he and Domino will be a thing after what happened in X-Men 35 they may go down that road.

#15 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

@SC said:

DOMINO!!!!!! **dies** K will ignore whose writing and why Colossus is here and everything else and just be ignorantly happy.

I have no idea, I literally ignored who was writing in case it was someone I wouldn't like, but I am not that familiar with Hopeless now that I know he is writing so thats good too. I think the only books I have written by him are in my need to read soon stack. I guess I am sorted now!  
#16 Posted by Bluefox170 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

Why does Deadpool have to leave this for the frakking Thunderbolts.....

You can have him! Though I think Thunderbolts line-up looks far more interesting than this one.

#17 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Dr. Nemesis' redesign.

#18 Posted by fACEmelter88 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

K...interesting. New looks are alright but whats with Cable eye patch and weird robo arm? I know he was cured of the techno-organic virus but y is he now looking like Nick Fury? After he was cured he had black hair, both eyes and both arms (I think). Any news on why he looks like this?

#19 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait how is Forge alive?

#20 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@danhimself said:

@SC said:

I have no idea, I literally ignored who was writing in case it was someone I wouldn't like, but I am not that familiar with Hopeless now that I know he is writing so thats good too. I think the only books I have written by him are in my need to read soon stack. I guess I am sorted now!

he did a pretty solid job on the Season One graphic novels so I think this should be alright

#21 Posted by thexfanthom (14 posts) - - Show Bio

finally!!!!!!!!

a true X-FORCE team!!!!!!!!!!!!

Domino and Cable (original members)

the return of FORGE

a great penciler

i luv it

thanks,Marvel Now!!!!!!!!!!!1

#22 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. I like Dr. Nemesis' new design. I don't know why they're bringing back Forge of all people. I never met any who held a stronger feeling than 'meh' towards him. It's a shame Cyclops isn't on the team. I was hoping he would be on the same team/book as Cable.

#23 Posted by SC (13307 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  Choice, choice. I haven't read the X-Men, Spider-man or Strange Season Ones, and I think he wrote Spider-man and X-Men one, but cheers for the heads up about his quality. The character line up has me sold. 
#24 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN!!! domino and a BAD-ASS dr nemesis. forge dont give 2 cents about him. colossus makes sense. dead inside. so he has a rough patch now.

#25 Posted by TDK_1997 (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

The line-up looks good and the whole thing looks nice.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@danhimself: Choice, choice. I haven't read the X-Men, Spider-man or Strange Season Ones, and I think he wrote Spider-man and X-Men one, but cheers for the heads up about his quality. The character line up has me sold.

I read the X-men and Spider-man Season Ones...skipped out on the rest...they were pretty good and I guess Marvel agrees since this is Hopeless's second book from Marvel Now....I agree I like the line up so I'm definitely going to check this out....I'm also interested to see how Hopeless does with an ongoing series set in the present...plus both of his books seem to have a completely different tone than the Season Ones

#27 Posted by HammerTron (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and Colossus are too short in the picture. Colossus, in his armored form, should be 7 feet 6 inches tall. Cable should be 6 feet 8 inches tall.

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

FFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

#29 Posted by camd (85 posts) - - Show Bio

so no more uncanny xforce??

#30 Posted by SKARHEAD (10 posts) - - Show Bio

HORRIBLE NEWS !!!!

Cable's new upcoming X-Force SUCKS....the costume designs SUCK....Cable's new arm design SUCKS....Was never ever a fan of Salvador Larocca...that makes this even worse...HUGE HUGE mistake on Marvel's part cancelling THE BEST X-Book in existence...for this garbage...Sales for this new team WILL NOT come close to matching Wolverine's X-Force....Sad SAD news...may stop reading comics for awhile now :(

Marvel finally FINALLY got an X-Book right w/ Yost's X-Force and later w/ Uncanny X-Force....AMAZING concept and the best X-Costume designs literally ever....now to be scrapped and forgotten so we can give the Rob Leifeld created Cable yet another chance at a FAILED run at X-Force....When will marvel learn ? Like Alpha Flight, a Cable led X-Force is doomed to fail....Meanwhile Wolverine's Uncanny X-Force team was an incredible book almost universally loved by the fans....We supported this book w/ absolute loyalty....great team and concept....selling incredibly well....So you cancel it to scrap the idea and bring back cable ??!!!

FAIL MARVEL....FAIL !!!.......I really hope this book TANKS HARD so Marvel can realize how badly they screwed up (and screwed over the fans) and bring Wolverine's black ops team back...They were full of win....This new book is full of FAIL :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.