Will Psylocke & Fantomex's Kiss Break Up X-Force?

• 86 results
#51 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12402 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eyz said:

" @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
" @The Stegman said:
"i swear it seems like EVERYONE related to the X Men have had at least one affair....is the Xavier Institute turning into the Playboy Mansion or something??? "

for real

@papad1992 said:

"Don't get me wrong.... this cover is hot hot hot!!!! But Fantomex gotta go!! If anyone should kiss Fantomex, it should be Deadpool!!! :P  "

Se
conded

"
You know what would be a twist?Deadpool's under that Fantomex costume! °__° "

@Eyz:

bwahahahahahahahahaha,

Its time for Deadpools lesson of the day

"Remember kids, it isnt rape if you say suprise after!!!!!!"

#52 Posted by Bestostero (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Angel, i like his relationship with Psylocke... i hope he doesn't go back to Paige, i never liked that coupling.

#53 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

Can people PLEASE try and keep in mind that cover art is notoriously misleading? 

#54 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" I actually kind of like the idea of them together. But I also have to point out that cover art has a tendency of being horribly misleading and sometimes not even occurring within the pages of the comic.  "

^^ This. 
#55 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Rememder has said in interviews that there's an attraction between Psylocke & Fantomex.  Personally, I think it feels forced.  He makes a few lewd comments & she's meant to be attracted to that?  Highly unlikely from a lady of her calibre. 

I don't like this Uncanny X-Force.  Characters feel unatural.  The last X-Force was better written, better paced & better characterised.  This X-Force is trailing on the coat-tails of a far superior title. 

Anyway, Rememder hinted that there'd be more to their relationship.  Unfortunately, he didn't give any indication that it would be the end of the team.  How disappointing.

#56 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said: 
"Rememder has said in interviews that there's an attraction between Psylocke & Fantomex.  Personally, I think it feels forced.  He makes a few lewd comments & she's meant to be attracted to that?  Highly unlikely from a lady of her calibre. 

I don't like this Uncanny X-Force.  Characters feel unatural.  The last X-Force was better written, better paced & better characterised.  This X-Force is trailing on the coat-tails of a far superior title. 

Anyway, Rememder hinted that there'd be more to their relationship.  Unfortunately, he didn't give any indication that it would be the end of the team.  How disappointing."

I agree! They swapped out a team of fabulous and wonderful characters who had actual chemistry to insert a team of cool characters who are doubling up on appearances in other books. I mean, I like current X-Force, hell, may the Uncanny name is cursed now, but I miss the other volume... it was more enjoyable! More organic too! 

Here's hoping Doug Ramsey from Age of X, shows up and wins back Betsy by showing Warren and Fantomex Whose The Boss! *grin*      
#57 Posted by HellionVulcan (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more concerned with Psylockes skin but i doubt it'll happen maybe it'll be a dream or something as Psylocke can't play two guys on the same team lol even if it would make good reading material .

#58 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

man, warren is the playboy of the x-men. everyone has wanted psylocke, and had her. heck, warren had HUSK!!!! let good ol fantomex get some for once. in the end, she will go back to archangel!

#59 Posted by Howlverine (62 posts) - - Show Bio

everything about this smacks of everything that ticks me off about Fantomex. Cheap, pretentious, sensationalist ( sensationalistic? ), superficial-cool (morrison-cool?) and no value apart from shock value, which means if you're past puberty / the mental age of 12 (whichever came first) its not very interesting at all. maybe its similar to the logan-emma smoochery in astonishing a while ago (which had a cool angle), (whedon rullz!!!)....maybe betsy's "misdirected" (whatever the f*** that is) him, and he'll wake up making out with Deadpool. I'm rooting for the latter. (which is something i find disturbing). Just in case, I'm gonna work on an alternate cover with wade replacing betsy. (which I'm sure everyone will find disturbing). (It will however sell a LOT of copies.)

#60 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even read the series, but this seems more like Uncanny Sex Force than anything.

Prediction:  All of Warren's personalities short circuit, leaving him a broken bird.  Wolverine takes himself away from young girls, sleeps with Emma and Psylocke, thus restoring continuity.

#61 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

It's awkwardly drawn. If you grab your women and kiss her passionately and pull her leg up, it's going to be on you, not off to the side.

#62 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
" i swear it seems like EVERYONE related to the X Men have had at least one affair....is the Xavier Institute turning into the Playboy Mansion or something??? "
It's The Real World: San Francisco. Wolverine is Puck. Everyone knows this....
#63 Posted by Jake Fury (18062 posts) - - Show Bio

How is he supposed to resist her? her hair smells like jasmine damnit!
#64 Posted by Kairan1979 (16702 posts) - - Show Bio

This could end horribly. Warren can succumb to his dark side (we already saw him losing it several times), or even worse - return to Husk (I have nothing against her as a character, but she and Warren just don't work as a couple for me).

#65 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex is Mystique or perhaps Mystique is Psylocke...  or perhaps those fish things in the background!  *shifty eyes*

#66 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Noooooooooo!

#67 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Archangel. My favourite X-Man from back in the 90s cartoon. I don't like him being the whimpering Angel, though.

Just embrace the darkness, Warren! Succumb to it!!!

#68 Posted by qzack41 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

What the - - - -?
#69 Posted by Grimoire (528 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC: @SC said:
" Now we just need Emma to kiss Psylocke, her fake British accent >> Fantomex's fake French accent! Then we need Fantomex to kiss Namor and thus make Cyclops even more pissy at Namor and then hopefully the entire X-Franchise can explode, rather than just break up, and then Carey, Gillen K and Y can restructure it..... "
......oh uh what happened? I read up to Emma needs to kiss psylocke and...........................what was I talking about again? lol
#70 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell NO !! Betsy has been making out with way too much men !

#71 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

Rememder has said in interviews that there's an attraction between Psylocke & Fantomex.  Personally, I think it feels forced.  He makes a few lewd comments & she's meant to be attracted to that?  Highly unlikely from a lady of her calibre. 

Anyway, Rememder hinted that there'd be more to their relationship.  Unfortunately, he didn't give any indication that it would be the end of the team.  How disappointing.

"
ALL OF THIS.  
#72 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Get you some.  All I gotta say. 
#73 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" Now we just need Emma to kiss Psylocke, her fake British accent >> Fantomex's fake French accent! Then we need Fantomex to kiss Namor and thus make Cyclops even more pissy at Namor and then hopefully the entire X-Franchise can explode, rather than just break up, and then Carey, Gillen K and Y can restructure it..... "
#74 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

"
I'll play ignorant Devil's Advocate here (I haven't read this series yet aside from the first issue, which I rather enjoyed) and whilst I agree with you on the Psylocke not falling for crudeness section of your post, I wonder if you're being too harsh on Remender. Yost and Kyle's X-Force is arguably amongst the very best X-Runs of all time alongside (imo; New X-Men by Morrison, the Byrne era, Whedon's Astonishing and whatever is your pick for number 5); Rick was always going to have a tough time following that. So whilst I have no doubt your points are valid, maybe try to not think about the Kyle/Yost series while you reading UXF, and you might enjoy it more :)

That's right, Universe, I just defended a Marvel title. You may explode now.
#75 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4596 posts) - - Show Bio

That Garden Tool

hehe

(+)

#76 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

Something I just thought about, how do telepaths deal with when they pick up images like this (or more) ?

#77 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@COBRAMORPH said:
" Something I just thought about, how do telepaths deal with when they pick up images like this (or more) ? "
They roll their eyes in annoyance.
#78 Posted by Redalert_27 (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:  Your second paragraph sums up what i have been saying all along...... it is poorly paced. X force shows up and kill people and go home like nothing has happened. O lets not forget that Deadpool is the conscious of the team. However some interesting things are going on plot wise like the death of apocalypse and going to AOA but i just wish they book would slow down and put meaning and consequence to each battle.
#79 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

re: fantomex

Id hit it.

#80 Posted by DKing_CiCADA (340 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope angel doesn't see this =O

#81 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.

#82 Posted by TDK_1997 (14418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if this happens Archangel would be really angry

#83 Edited by frogjitsu (476 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadow_Thief: It reminds me of another cover that Ian Churchill did a couple years ago.
#84 Posted by aquarius74 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful cover, they seem almost real. But it looks like that Legacy cover (equally beautiful) with Magneto and Rogue posing as a couple, him holding her in his arms... except that they're not a couple and nothing happened in the pages of the comic. I expect the same thing here. But anyway, it's a pretty good cover, with perfect art. And I love Fantomex.

#85 Posted by The Lobster (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

If you guys have been reading the solicitations, you'll know that in the issues before this issue, Archangel is going to control Warren and the X-force will travel to the Age of Apocalypse in order to stop him.

My guess is that Warren is already beyond repair, so I doubt this kiss will break up the team.

#86 Edited by Metaphor (14 posts) - - Show Bio

This was kinda the final nail in the coffin for me.  Not reading this for romance or Fantomex, but that seems to be the only thing Remender is interested in providing.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.