Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 2000 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Unscripted Review: Uncanny X-Force #1

• 59 results
    Weapon ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Weapon ONE

Deadpool is the reason i want this book. I'm always willing to give all of his variations a chance.

AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AskaniSon295

Thinks this book needs another female for Phantomax and Deadpool to fight over Copycat would be a good add or Vampire Jubilee just so the whole book deosn't become phantomex and deadpool dooling of psylocke while Warren defends her and Logan acts like her big brother.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By The Mast
    @AskaniSon295 said:
    " Thinks this book needs another female for Phantomax and Deadpool to fight over Copycat would be a good add or Vampire Jubilee just so the whole book deosn't become phantomex and deadpool dooling of psylocke while Warren defends her and Logan acts like her big brother. "
    Copycat has been dead since Deadpool #59.  She died at the turn of the new millenium, dude...

Also, that'd never work. Deadpool is off-centre enough as it is, much less having his most conflicted and confusing love interest with him.
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Bestostero

Did anyone actually get anything on X-Force day?

I got a free flyer... i was hoping for some more bang lol but whatever

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#55  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

I totally loved this issue. Loved the story, loved the art.
    I liked the previous X-Force series too. But I'm even more excited about this series, probably because I like the roster better.

On the Deadpool bit: I do think, as do many others here, that the people who give critique on Deadpool's appearance here should really read his original stuff before Daniel Way's series. Rick Remender seems to have based his Deadpool on the original, and not on the current version. So people should really read Deadpool Classic before they comment on him. Yes it's frustrating seeing so many versions of Deadpool. Yes a lot of the current Deadpool stuff isn't all that great ( I'm looking at you Deadpool Corps ). But realize that the Deadpool in Ucanny X-Force isn't the Deadpool you find in all the other books currently featuring him.

I also agree that both Tony and Babs seemed to be a bit quick with their idea that Deadpool doesn't belong in the team. Yes he's an odd pick, that's for sure, but that makes it all the more interesting as how this all will play out. Especially to see the interaction between Wolverine & Deadpool.

Anyway I think this book as quite a lot of potential.

Orider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Orider

I undestand why people are so worried about deadpool being in this book.  I am a big fan of him, but I can understand that the deadpool we have seen in recent years does not really match the team dynamic in this one.  However, I am hoping he will be darker and more... not emotional, but more human and less wacky than he has been recently.  Something along the lines of him in Cable and Deadpool.
    I thought the art was an easy 4.5 maybe even 5 out of 5.  The story I have to rate a 3.5, but mostly because the only character I am truly familar with is deadpool and a little of Wolverine.  The rest I only know in passing or the occasional cameo.  Once I become more familiar with the characters I am sure I will rate it higher.

Manarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Manarg
    Though it is true that Deadpool is not a mutant, everything else about the character fits the team. You are talking about a psychotic hitman that will do just about anything for money, because his icecream told him to do it, or just cause he is bored. As for this book it is one of the best written deadpool takes in years (though I did enjoy 1000, and merc with a mouth due to headpool being voiced by Gilbert Godfrey in my head). Anyways I loved this but I have heard it is a 6 issue mini series and I have heard it is an ongoing series, anyone know?
    evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By evodmasters
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

I just got my hands on this issues and I really enjoyed it, Rick Remender writing didn't hurt at all. Opena's art I thought also fit the issue very nicely, even if everything is pretty dark and has red eyes. Admittedly, I don't know much about the other members of the team, aside from Wolverine, but I'm liking Deadpool right now. Am I wrong for hoping this book stays away from other X-Men events right now? Hope not. I also think this game would benefit from a revolving cast, I'd like to see X-23 and Domino in the title, but maybe it's not to be. Anyway, probably in for the long haul, or as long as Remender is writing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.