Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1997 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Uncanny Xforce #4 (SPOILERS)

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blazinasian112

Wanted to know the boards thoughts on two things: 
    1.  Can we presume that young apocalypse is really dead after being shot in the head?  Does that mean Apocalypse is dead in the Marvel Universe? 
    2.  Any chance Fantomex used his misdirection power to trick xforce that the boy was actually shot? 

Thoughts?
    Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sobe Cin
    @blazinasian112:
    I'm thinking Fantomex wasn't there in the first place, he's been using his misdirection the whole time (issues 1-4), since he's been in China with Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde. .... :) X

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By John Valentine
    @blazinasian112 said:
    " Wanted to know the boards thoughts on two things: 1.  Can we presume that young apocalypse is really dead after being shot in the head?  Does that mean Apocalypse is dead in the Marvel Universe? 2.  Any chance Fantomex used his misdirection power to trick xforce that the boy was actually shot?  Thoughts? "
    We can presume that the young apocalypse is dead. However, we can also presume that he will be resurrected at some point.  
    I think Fantomex shot the boy.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Wasn't that why they were there in the first place, to kill Apocalypse?  And then everybody chickened out except Fantomex. Lol.
    Anyway, dead or not, he'll be back.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By IrishX
    @fesak said:
    "Wasn't that why they were there in the first place, to kill Apocalypse?  And then everybody chickened out except Fantomex. Lol. Anyway, dead or not, he'll be back. "

Chickened out or were they being manipulated? I had a feeling that either Apocalypse or someone else were making them question whether they should kill the boy. Maybe it was legit and they just didn't want to kill him at the last second but I still have my doubts. 

Never thought much of Fantomex until that moment though but that was sweet. Of course he'll be back.
    thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By thatlad

Fantomex was very well written in this issue, didn't think much of him and his powers but in this issue they turned him into more of  powerhouse. 

Read my review here

Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
    @IrishX said:
    "@fesak said:
    "Wasn't that why they were there in the first place, to kill Apocalypse?  And then everybody chickened out except Fantomex. Lol. Anyway, dead or not, he'll be back. "
    Chickened out or were they being manipulated? I had a feeling that either Apocalypse or someone else were making them question whether they should kill the boy. Maybe it was legit and they just didn't want to kill him at the last second but I still have my doubts.  Never thought much of Fantomex until that moment though but that was sweet. Of course he'll be back. "
    MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8  Edited By MuadDiab

What an issue. A real "OH Shit" ending too. I was skeptical of Remender at the beginning of this series because I loved Kyle and Yost's so much, but DAMN if this isn't one of the best comics of the year so far

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.