Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Uncanny X-Force Roster thoughts

Drayco90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Drayco90

Since it's Uncanny X-Force day today, even though I can't pick up the issue untill Saturday, I decided to do something to acknowledge the event. Since I havn't read the book itself, or even the prievious series, I'm instead just going to ramble on about the actaul roster. 

Wolverine- Ah, Logan, is there no team you arn't on? How does that even work? Like, in continutiy. Does he magiacally appear everytime his teammembers need him? Clones? Actually, let's ignore that possibility. In all seriousness, Wolverine seems like a perfect choice of leader for the purpose of this X-Force team, so I have no real thoughts here. 

Deadpool- If you havn't noticed, Deadpool is my favorite comic book character, and has been for a loooong time now, and I don't see that stopping because of the "Deadploytation". I like that this Deadpool will be seen as more Merc, less Mouth. I'm sure he'll still be making jokes, but he's focused on being awesome, and it let's me see Wade from another perspective we can't get in his current series or the Deadpool Corps. 

Archangel- This one also seems like a good choice. Someone has to be able to fund X-Force's expensises, pay Deadpool and keep the team secret, and it has to be someone Wolverine can trust. No one fits the bill quite like Warren. It should be intresting to see how he conducts himself on the team, considering his history with Apocalypse. 

Psylocke- I'm a bit iffy on this one. I've never liked Psylocke, and I don't have much personal attachment to the character- but I can see how he skill set would come in handy on a wetworks operations like X-Force. It still comes off as a "required female teammate" addition, but maybe the book is written well enough to endear me to the character. 

Fantomex- I really can't say anything about this one. I have no experience with Fantomex, and I've never read anything about Fantomex, and from what I've seen his gunplay kind of overlaps with Deadpool. I wish this roster seat was given to a returnning X-23 or Domino, but I'll have to trust Marvel on this one. 
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By CellphoneGirl

You should read more stuff with Psylocke and Fantomex in it, those two are some really cool characters in my opinion. Though i would wish that Domino was still on the team.

Avatar image for deactivated-asdf987sdf
    deactivated-asdf987sdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i like 4 out of 5. archangel is the only one I'm iffy on. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Loved the 1st issue.

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Chesapeake

We need Domino and Siryn, former x-force team members
    Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Postacrat

I've had time to get into Fantomex and in truth, he's nothing at all like deadpool.  He's smarter more calculative and a better shot, he also can shoot from any position has EVA a secondary nervous system which grants him even more attributes.  He makes less noise as well.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mutant God
    Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @Postacrat said:
    " I've had time to get into Fantomex and in truth, he's nothing at all like deadpool.  He's smarter more calculative and a better shot, he also can shoot from any position has EVA a secondary nervous system which grants him even more attributes.  He makes less noise as well. "
    That, and he's far more intelligent. He has this amazing ability to read people. He's sophisticated as well. 
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

For anybody interested in reading more about Fantomex, I would suggest the Planet X story arc of Morrison's New X-Men run.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By N7_Normandy

The entire x-force roster is awesome, with Psylocke as the real standout in my mind.  Betsy is an incredibly deep and complex character, who really hasn't been in any situation where she gets to cut loose and show the darker, ninja side of her personality.  She is the perfect fit for this team, as are the other members.  Normally, I'm not a huge Deadpool fan.  However, he is written so well, that it's a real breath of fresh air to see him written without the multiple-personalities.  My only issue is that Domino is not on the team.  Domino's exclusion from the roster doesn't really make sense.  She's not an any other teams and doesn't have anything else really going on.  In my mind, she perfectly embodies the concept of x-force, albeit in a slightly lighter-hearted manner than the other characters, save Deadpool. In my opinion, they could have scrapped Deadpool and given us Neena. 

Avatar image for evanescencefan91
    evanescencefan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By evanescencefan91

I was really disappointed to see x 23 leave, psylocke couldn't do her place justice, 

but I've gotten over it since it gave room to give laura her own series 

:D

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Strafe Prower

This roster works quite well IMO.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @Strafe Prower said:
    " This roster works quite well IMO. "
    I agree with this.  The only thing missing is Domino.... sigh
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By ragdollpurps
    @N7_Normandy said:
    " @Strafe Prower said:
    " This roster works quite well IMO. "
    I agree with this.  The only thing missing is Domino.... sigh "
    all this, but i would have preferred that they left domino on the team instead of bringing in deadpool. i'm also glad that they finally put betsy on x-force, she needs to let loose some of her killer instinct and i think fantomex is a nice addition as well.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator

After reading the issue i have to say i was surprised of how much i liked it. 
     4,5/5

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Drayco90 said:
    "Psylocke- I'm a bit iffy on this one. I've never liked Psylocke, and I don't have much personal attachment to the character- but I can see how he skill set would come in handy on a wetworks operations like X-Force. It still comes off as a "required female teammate" addition, but maybe the book is written well enough to endear me to the character. 

Fantomex- I really can't say anything about this one. I have no experience with Fantomex, and I've never read anything about Fantomex, and from what I've seen his gunplay kind of overlaps with Deadpool. I wish this roster seat was given to a returnning X-23 or Domino, but I'll have to trust Marvel on this one.  "
    Aside from the fact that I've read previous stories with Fantomex, I completely agree with you.  I find the addition of these two odd at best... but so far this is looking promising. 

@fesak said:
    " After reading the issue i have to say i was surprised of how much i liked it.  4,5/5 "
    That's pretty much how I felt about it.  I read it expecting to hate it.  Aside from the bland colouring (why does a stealthy team wear so much white?) I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed this.
    Avatar image for omertalvendetta
    Omertalvendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#16  Edited By Omertalvendetta

I loved it!! Truly, Fantomex was the reason I purchased it!

Metaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Metaphor

so far, angel and psylocke's romance is annoying the hell out of me.  way too much focus on it.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ShirEPanjshir
    @Metaphor: I know what you mean, but it doesn't bother me that much. So far I'm pretty content with the portrayal of all characters. I especially love to see a more 'old school' Deadpool. Fantomex so far has been great. Wolverine has just been, you know, Wolverine, and I like the fact that he isn't dominating the book ( so far ). Psylocke is nice to have on the team, and it makes sense as is Angel. 

Though I would still love to see Domino join the team. She's a perfect fit with the sexual tension between her and Wolverine, her previous ties with Deadpool and the previous X-Force team. Fantomex's interaction with her also presents some opportunities ( like would Wolverine get jealous if Fantomex hits on Domino ? ) and it'd of course be great to see another (deadly) female on the team.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By papad1992

Couple additions for me to be satisfied with this team would be: 

Outlaw (really need some in depth focus on this mutant) 
    Domino (because she's badass) 
    Hellion (he needs to unleash that anger he's holding inside and kill kill KILL) 
    and 
    Hepzibah (she's being ignored!!!) 
    Nefilim927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Nefilim927
    @papad1992:
    I dunno bout dat der Hellion.  I think with X-Force (and yes this includes Deadpool) they need to be able to handle the r epercussions   of their actions.  Hellion is an angry child who has potential to go down a bad path
    drphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By drphilter

Maybe it's the child in me.... Maybe it's my love for the character and I know the logistics don't pan out.. quite yet, but I would have loved to see Cyclops go a little dark and maybe even take orders from Wolverine on X-Force, but that's just a pipe dream, probably never gonna happen but how awesome would it be to see him zap a foo'? (Yeah... I said "Zap a foo'.")

I'm actually really glad that X-23 isn't on the Uncanny team. I enjoyed her in the first team lineup but I really love the book she has with Gambit right now, I think that's a pretty neat and odd pairing. I actually never read anything with Fantomex until this book and I have to say I love him, specially the ending of the first arc, epic! 

Right now I am no help because all I can think about is their visit to Earth 295 so I can't really think straight about characters I would want to see on the team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.