Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Sacrificing A Teammate?

Avatar image for the_cracked_genome
    The Cracked Genome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

...But which one?
    ...But which one?

Does this mean that one of these mutants will die in the Second Coming story line? And if so who?
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By warlock360
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warlock360

it's more likely that it already happened since it says March 2010. Might have to re-read #25

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By LT1085

It's Cable's nature. 

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warlock360
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By warlock360

actually here but note

SPOILER

spoilerrrr
     spoilerrrr
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
    @Voidheart said:
    " actually here but note

SPOILER

spoilerrrr
     spoilerrrr
    "
    And Angel
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By warlock360

Not saying more  ;)

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

disbanded under Scott though. something tells me by the ad those pictured at least
    get back together for one last run for Cable in Second Coming. and honestly, who wouldnt follow Cable? i would, he's the man.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " disbanded under Scott though. something tells me by the ad those pictured at least get back together for one last run for Cable in Second Coming. and honestly, who wouldnt follow Cable? i would, he's the man. "
    they aren't disbanded, just a roster change, he says he still needs X-Force.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized: i see this. but the Second Coming ad has those members in it is what im saying, so it looks like the original roster will reunite for it. that would make sense since its the continuation of their original Messiah War mission. also they are featured in the promo interiro art together as well. im not even sure i buy into the roster change thing. i think its more like when the Avengers " disband " and they wander around like chickens with their heads cut off for an issue or two, undecided as to what to do, then regroup for a greater cause. thats what im seeing from it anyways.

----
    on the will one die in that picture im still on the against side. the full promo reads.  
    One Will Die..

No Caption Provided

I dont think sacrifice means die. i think it means something else, otherwise it would read
    two will die (i still think the one that dies however is Cable). sacrifice meaning, to give up something, likely of importance. One Will Give Up Something. That could mean alot of things. Elixer was having problems with his powers. Vanisher could give up something. Wolverine could let X-23 go somewhere. Angel could become stuck as Archangel. someone could give up there beliefs, or their humanity even.

@JoeRiccadonna:
    he was. in Messiah War.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @CATMANEXE:
    Man.... I heard he was joining X-force. Not making a guess appearance...
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna: sadly that was hype spread by fans. his only confirmation was the crossover in Messiah War, which personally i thought was pretty well played. besides, what does Wade need with X-Force? he has like 4 books and his own team already? not to mention he's still a probationary X-Man.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @CATMANEXE said:

" @JoeRiccadonna: sadly that was hype spread by fans. his only confirmation was the crossover in Messiah War, which personally i thought was pretty well played. besides, what does Wade need with X-Force? he has like 4 books and his own team already? "

Well I was reading wiki on Deadpool and this is what it said: 

"It has also been confirmed by Chris Yost that Deadpool will soon join the cast of the new X-Force team    " 

I know wiki is not 100 percent right but u know Deadpool is trying the whole being a better guy kinda of thing and always thinks of himself as a mutant and thinks he was an X-men be perfect fit to be on X-force. He brings humor to the book but also awesome skill. Like in Messiah War when he scream BULLLLLLEEETTTSSSS and James was like "Oh Sh!T"..... I know I sound like a DP fanboy (The avatar don't help either) but I recently got into him so sue me lol. Oh those other two books, I bet you they both get cancle but the original one. I tried reading and they are alright. But, I don't think I'll buy them every week. Only when I have extra money..
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna: 
    sorry dude, but that was a real old entry. did you follow the citation?
    the story was talking about him " joining X-Force soon after Messiah Complex"
    which was Messiah War. thats why you shouldnt trust wiki.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @CATMANEXE:
    Damn. Oh well, THanks. I still like X-force. I always read it.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @CATMANEXE:
    Was reading the thread: "Should Deadpool join X-force" and here was one of  the post: 

"Whether you like it or not (although I suspect the majority of people will) Deadpool will be joining the ranks of Kyle & Yost's X-Force!  This is taken from CBR's scattered coverage of the X-Men Panel from Chicago:  "Coming out of Messiah Complex, the team was X-23, Wolverine, Warpath, and Wolfsbane," Yost said of the X-Force's composition and acknowledging there were criticisms of the blade-focused debut group. "We knew we wanted Archangel, and we needed a van, something to carry them around. So we got Vanisher." He noted that the team continues to evolve, with Kyle adding that Domino was added to lighten the mood. "We didn't want this to just be the most violent, depressing book you've ever read--we also want you to laugh," he said. Kyle concluded, "Deadpool is coming. He's on his way."      New characters in "X-Force?" "There will be a big roster shift after Necrosha," Kyle said, "not all tragic." In addition to Deadpool, "over the next 15 issues or so you'll see a lot of new characters."   "

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna: 
    i dont understand why your showing me that? thats form the interview in the wiki citation.
    its the same exact thing i just talked about. it was the announcement that Deadpool would
    be showing up and hanging out with X-Force during Messiah War, which he did. thats old
    news.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @CATMANEXE said:
    "@JoeRiccadonna:  i dont understand why your showing me that? thats form the interview in the wiki citation. its the same exact thing i just talked about. it was the announcement that Deadpool would be showing up and hanging out with X-Force during Messiah War, which he did. thats old news. "

I'm just mention the after Necrosha the roster will change with people coming and going. It just sounded like DP will be a part of it after Necrosha. But, guess I'm wrong. Just curious.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeRiccadonna: 
    cant rule out eventually, but eventually Gladiator, Vulcan and Aunt May could 
    join X-Force you know. i dont see why they would, for the reasons i stated in the first place. 
    i also as said before think people are jumping the gun on the roster change before Second
    Coming thing. thats just me but solicits are showing me otherwise. but sure, if you want to dream
    about him joining X-Force, thats your thing, go ahead. but your saying he is and its confirmed and using an old article for a prior event ot back that claim. im saying it isnt so.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Edamame said:

" ... Stryfe ripped Deadpool in half. "

That was the 1,000 year old Deadpool in the future.  There have been interviews with Kyle & Yost which indicate that Deadpool might actually join X-Force after a major roster change.  Now that half the team has 'quit' we can start to expect newer members to join. 

Of course, now that we know they've left the team, having X-23 & Elixir in that promo image seems like either Daniel Acuna didn't know who the roster would be, or they were throwing us a red herring.  

I don't understand why the other X-Men are still playing dumb to the existence of X-Force in the Second Coming opening issue.  They've seen them fight against the Dark Avengers, Dark X-Men and various resurrected mutants, save Hellion, Surge & Boom Boom while slicing up MRD soldiers...  It's got to be the worst kept secret on Utopia!
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "@Edamame said:

That was the 1,000 year old Deadpool in the future.  There have been interviews with Kyle & Yost which indicate that Deadpool might actually join X-Force after a major roster change.  Now that half the team has 'quit' we can start to expect newer members to join.  Of course, now that we know they've left the team, having X-23 & Elixir in that promo image seems like either Daniel Acuna didn't know who the roster would be, or they were throwing us a red herring.   I don't understand why the other X-Men are still playing dumb to the existence of X-Force in the Second Coming opening issue.  They've seen them fight against the Dark Avengers, Dark X-Men and various resurrected mutants, save Hellion, Surge & Boom Boom while slicing up MRD soldiers...  It's got to be the worst kept secret on Utopia! "

Well, I don't know about saving Hellion Sugre and boom boom because I missed those issues, but fighting the Dark X-men, they didn't fight in front of them. The only person who fight them in his X-force guise was Archangel. And he brought Bullseye off the island.
    Joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Joeybagad0nutz
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    "@xerox-kitty said:
    "@Edamame said:

That was the 1,000 year old Deadpool in the future.  There have been interviews with Kyle & Yost which indicate that Deadpool might actually join X-Force after a major roster change.  Now that half the team has 'quit' we can start to expect newer members to join.  Of course, now that we know they've left the team, having X-23 & Elixir in that promo image seems like either Daniel Acuna didn't know who the roster would be, or they were throwing us a red herring.   I don't understand why the other X-Men are still playing dumb to the existence of X-Force in the Second Coming opening issue.  They've seen them fight against the Dark Avengers, Dark X-Men and various resurrected mutants, save Hellion, Surge & Boom Boom while slicing up MRD soldiers...  It's got to be the worst kept secret on Utopia! "
    Well, I don't know about saving Hellion Sugre and boom boom because I missed those issues, but fighting the Dark X-men, they didn't fight in front of them. The only person who fight them in his X-force guise was Archangel. And he brought Bullseye off the island. "

So, I personally Loved the reaction to the normal X-men when they saw what Laura and Logan did. I reread that one scene five times.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @JoeRiccadonna said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    "@Edamame said:

Well, I don't know about saving Hellion Sugre and boom boom because I missed those issues, but fighting the Dark X-men, they didn't fight in front of them. The only person who fight them in his X-force guise was Archangel. And he brought Bullseye off the island. "
    I was slightly wrong.  Wolverine & Archangel sliced up Sapien League members, not MRD soldiers... but it was in broad-daylight outside the UN Building.  And it didn't receive any media coverage?   

Elixir saved Hellion & Surge from the Legacy Virus.  The kids didn't blab to their friends about what happened?  No-one asked why Elixir was in a coma?  No-one wondered why Loa was always on her own instead of sucking-face with Elixir?

No-one questioned why Wolfsbane was missing on Utopia, while she remained catatonic in Angel's Aerie?  Hepziah couldn't have been the only one to notice that Warpath was gone for long periods of time.

I know Beast left because he was privy to what was going on behind the scenes, but to think that absolutely nobody on Utopia noticed Warren turn back into the blue monster in mid flight?  A whole island of mutants against a handful of Dark X-Men & Dark Avengers... It's not as if every mutant on the island was caught up in a fight for their life.  Surely someone would have noticed. 

For every time that Fraction used one his lousy introduction boxes to drum in how Angel still had the hots for Psylocke, we're to assume that she didn't telepathically sense his new angry persona that wants to test, fight & kill everyone? 

During the Necrosha attacks on Utopia, no-one thought to ask why the dead had risen from the grave to attack them... or why they suddenly stopped?   Magic users were effected, so Magik would have been crippled along with Doctors Strange, Doom & Voodoo.  But none of the other New Mutants noticed her collapse in agony?

There's a lot of little details that have built up over the last couple of years that would have tipped other characters off to what was going on.  But after the bloody massacre outside the UN Building, how can anyone be surprised that there's a new X-Force running around in secret?
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By warlock360

Thunderbird kinda sacrificed himself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.