Possible X-Force members discussion...

Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

So as well all know, or hopefully had heard by now, that Uncanny X-Force is starting anew with an all new cast (no sign of Wolverine... yet). With Psylocke leading the team, the other team members are Storm, Puck and Spiral, with three more team members still not revealed yet. Some my question is... Who would you want to see as the other three members!?

My three picks are Sage, Hepzibah, and Husk.

The honorable mention is Chamber.

So tell me who'd you like to see in this title!?

#1 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

1 - have any place on this team

AND

2 - anyone cares about in the slightest

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

While not an offical member, I'd love to see Archangel as their guardian angel, flying at mach to protect them from snipers they miss and clearing escapes when they need it all without knowing he's there.

#3 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

1 - have any place on this team

AND

2 - anyone cares about in the slightest

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

Well Sage is a personal favorite of mine that I'd love to have apart of a team but since she's MIA it probably won't happen! But it's an interesting lineup to say the least! I'd give it a chance! Spiral interests me.

U didn't answer my question... which other three characters would u like to see apart of this team?

#4 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

While not an offical member, I'd love to see Archangel as their guardian angel, flying at mach to protect them from snipers they miss and clearing escapes when they need it all without knowing he's there.

u put a lot of thought into that didn't u!?

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Nope just thought of it when I saw the thread. I do miss Warren and wish he was a bigger part of the X-men mythos.

#6 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@papad1992: Nope just thought of it when I saw the thread. I do miss Warren and wish he was a bigger part of the X-men mythos.

I miss Warren too...

#7 Edited by Teerack (7083 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be Mystique. I'm calling it.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

It's going to be Mystique. I'm calling it.

That's actually interesting!!

#9 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

1 - have any place on this team

AND

2 - anyone cares about in the slightest

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

Well Sage is a personal favorite of mine that I'd love to have apart of a team but since she's MIA it probably won't happen! But it's an interesting lineup to say the least! I'd give it a chance! Spiral interests me.

U didn't answer my question... which other three characters would u like to see apart of this team?

1 - Hellion

This team seems like the perfect place to focus his rage in a productive manner. Of all the younger characters he seems to be toeing the line closest between good/evil, and this is an environment to really see if he can straddle that line without crossing over. He is not going to learn anymore being among the X-kids that are now mostly drones and he can be evaluated in the field, and in a supervised setting. His character has been pretty much forgotten about even as he was among the more popular of the massive X-crop of new young characters, best to do something now before everyone truly forgets about him

2 - Cannonball

Of all the X-Men, he is the only one who was part of: X-Force with Cable, X-Force with Hotknife (Pete Wisdom), X-Force as leader, the X-Men main teams. If there is any character who knows how to integrate an offensive team like X-Force and still stay within the standards the majority of the X-Men hold dear, it's him. Why he is not the second in command of the new unit is beyond me. I know he is joining the Avengers, but this is a far better role and one that actually makes sense for him.

3 - Mimic

Other than the use of alternate versions of him in Exiles, the 616 version has only been used for cameos here and there. His powerset allows him to be a huge offensive weapon as when facing him you are never sure what powers he is coming at you with, as well as being able to switch them in and out on the fly depending on the opponent. Mimic has been shown working for both the X-Men and their enemies so the idea of him doing the dirty work would not be a stretch.

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@papad1992 said:

@Brazen_Intellect said:

Psylocke and Sage are the only two characters revealed and/or mentioned by you that:

1 - have any place on this team

AND

2 - anyone cares about in the slightest

The more I look at this collection of characters the less likely I am to even pick up the first issue. Overall it is a collection made up of mostly niche favs and complete nobodies, the cast is nowhere strong enough to support a title long term IMO.

I know this is rather critical considering it has not even been released yet, but on paper there is little about this upcoming title to get excited about.

Well Sage is a personal favorite of mine that I'd love to have apart of a team but since she's MIA it probably won't happen! But it's an interesting lineup to say the least! I'd give it a chance! Spiral interests me.

U didn't answer my question... which other three characters would u like to see apart of this team?

1 - Hellion

This team seems like the perfect place to focus his rage in a productive manner. Of all the younger characters he seems to be toeing the line closest between good/evil, and this is an environment to really see if he can straddle that line without crossing over. He is not going to learn anymore being among the X-kids that are now mostly drones and he can be evaluated in the field, and in a supervised setting. His character has been pretty much forgotten about even as he was among the more popular of the massive X-crop of new young characters, best to do something now before everyone truly forgets about him

2 - Cannonball

Of all the X-Men, he is the only one who was part of: X-Force with Cable, X-Force with Hotknife (Pete Wisdom), X-Force as leader, the X-Men main teams. If there is any character who knows how to integrate an offensive team like X-Force and still stay within the standards the majority of the X-Men hold dear, it's him. Why he is not the second in command of the new unit is beyond me. I know he is joining the Avengers, but this is a far better role and one that actually makes sense for him.

3 - Mimic

Other than the use of alternate versions of him in Exiles, the 616 version has only been used for cameos here and there. His powerset allows him to be a huge offensive weapon as when facing him you are never sure what powers he is coming at you with, as well as being able to switch them in and out on the fly depending on the opponent. Mimic has been shown working for both the X-Men and their enemies so the idea of him doing the dirty work would not be a stretch.

Hellion sounds like a perfect fit but Cannonball and Mimic, to me, don't!

#11 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

If I had to pic 3

  • Deadpool(here in Brazil he still in it and he's doing a great job,it's a shame they don't recognise him as a member)
  • Hellion
  • Sage
#12 Posted by John Valentine (16313 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've read the first few issues, but I'd rather have Storm and Puck off that team.

I'd be happy with a line-up like....

Chamber, Psylocke, Hellion, Spiral, Sage, Warpath, Elixir, X-23.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace Storm with Snowbird so Puck isn't the only Alpha Flight member. Then add Sage and Warpath boom I will want to read it instead of dreading the character massacre that will be happening to Storm otherwise.

#14 Posted by fesak (7061 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it that in every topic discussing new X-Force everyone's acting like Storm hasn't killed before..?

Moderator
#15 Posted by Rickbarry (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Why is it that in every topic discussing new X-Force everyone's acting like Storm hasn't killed before..?

Because she ripped Wolverine a new b-hole when she found out he was running an X-force team.

#16 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

Replace Storm with Snowbird so Puck isn't the only Alpha Flight member. Then add Sage and Warpath boom I will want to read it instead of dreading the character massacre that will be happening to Storm otherwise.

Nice. I'm still hoping the Storm being brought into this team is one that will make sense. Her and Psylocke becoming closer is something I am looking forward to.

@John Valentine said:

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've read the first few issues, but I'd rather have Storm and Puck off that team.

I'd be happy with a line-up like....

Chamber, Psylocke, Hellion, Spiral, Sage, Warpath, Elixir, X-23.

Elixir, Chamber and Hellion? Together on one team? Nah --- Marvel editorial couldn't be THAT innovative. Then I would begin expecting them to know what their fans want and then what good will that do after the first event goes downhill? I will keep my expectations low where I can see'em.

#17 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Sage, Cloak and Dagger are my three hopefully choices.

#18 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiral is there just to add conflict and provide quick transportation. I'd rather have Blink, Husk, Chamber, Darkstar, or even Copycat. Use some of the lesser known characters that so its at least shocking when someone betrays the team, because lets face it, if Sprial isn't being mentally controlled, that will be her angle.

#19 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

I still can't believe flipping Puck is getting a chance to be in a team book in this day and age. Go with characters that aren't hopelessly lame, please.

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lifeguard85 said:

Spiral is there just to add conflict and provide quick transportation. I'd rather have Blink, Husk, Chamber, Darkstar, or even Copycat. Use some of the lesser known characters that so its at least shocking when someone betrays the team, because lets face it, if Sprial isn't being mentally controlled, that will be her angle.

I love ur alternates:

Blink - 616 version is just floating around now after her few appearances in New Mutants and at the Jean Grey school, but a killing squad is what she was on when she was "found" and it messed up her mind totally.

Husk - with her recent power upgrade... it'd make sense for her to be in a stronger and meaningful team that can cater to her powers. She was my pick too.

Chamber - also a favorite of mine, his appearances as a teacher at the Jean School is a little weird considering his personality and past. Would make an awesome choice. Plus if he and Husk were both on this team, it'd create some romantic tension.

Darkstar - I wish the Russian little team would u know come to America... apparently that's where all the team books are that actually sell!! :P She doesn't fit it well. Ursa Major sounds cool though.

Copycat - well despite the fact that she's dead, Mystique would be a good replacement! Even though I wish Copycat were alive!

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I'll reserve proper judgement until I've read the first few issues, but I'd rather have Storm and Puck off that team.

I'd be happy with a line-up like....

Chamber, Psylocke, Hellion, Spiral, Sage, Warpath, Elixir, X-23.

I love that line-up!

#22 Posted by TDK_1997 (14988 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't matter just get Storm and Puck off the book.

#23 Posted by jhazzroucher (16164 posts) - - Show Bio

Hollow/Penance

#24 Posted by Lifeguard85 (392 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I think this team is going to be much more mindful of not killing, so Blink might get help from Psylocke and Storm. Also, Copycat was a member of Weapon X- I am sure they can think of some miraculous way she comes back, since Mystique is over used.

I don't see how Darkstar doesn't fit. She is a formerly trained KGB agent. She needs to be on a team that actually knows how to use her.

#25 Posted by Mutant God (3057 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie, Martha, Outlaw, Adam X, or any of the mutants on Utopia who wasn't apart of the X-Men

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I still can't believe flipping Puck is getting a chance to be in a team book in this day and age. Go with characters that aren't hopelessly lame, please.

I'd rather go with different than generic.

@fesak said:

Why is it that in every topic discussing new X-Force everyone's acting like Storm hasn't killed before..?

#27 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is X-23 by the way, I don't see her anywhere.

#28 Posted by Skaddix (3117 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Where is X-23 by the way, I don't see her anywhere.

Ffighting in the Marvel Version of Hunger Games.

#29 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Where is X-23 by the way, I don't see her anywhere.

She's hanging around the Avengers Academy!

#30 Posted by papad1992 (6832 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lifeguard85 said:

@papad1992: I think this team is going to be much more mindful of not killing, so Blink might get help from Psylocke and Storm. Also, Copycat was a member of Weapon X- I am sure they can think of some miraculous way she comes back, since Mystique is over used.

I don't see how Darkstar doesn't fit. She is a formerly trained KGB agent. She needs to be on a team that actually knows how to use her.

We'll just have to wait and see then!! I only hope that this creative team got to choose 3 other awesome characters... because right now, the team to me is already disfunctional!

#31 Posted by WestfriesianMan (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool members of X-force could be:

Cable - He has led the team on numerous occasions and is a pefect fit.

Domino - Her role as Cable lover and her luck powers make her perfect.

Psylocke - the most badass of all the telepathic X-ladies and a bloody ninja too.

Wolverine - the best at doing nasty things

Fantomex - mysterious, sly, cool and misdirecting.

Deadpool - fool that wont die.

the above mentioned characters are all proven baddasses, but the folowing characters could fit as well.

Magik - Dark, powerfull sorceres and teleporter through time and space.

Cyclops - Nowadays he is a rebel leader. He could lead a version of X-force

Chamber - Dark brooding tormented lad with blast powers

Hollow - Diamondhard claws and skin

Hellion - Angry young man

Gambit - as suave as Fantomex and he has a dark past as well.

Cloak & Dagger - runaways from before the runaways

Adam X - the power to boil blood is gruwsome. He needs a haircut thoug

Namor - the arrogant king of atlantis can be quite shady.

Darkstar - Her darkforce powers make her very powerfull covert opperative, plus she has KGB training.

Blink

x-23

Archangel with his memories back

and maybe people like Sunspot, Shadowcat, Mercury, Sage, Anole

A mature Valeria Richards would be a very powerfull X-force member.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.