NYCC 2012: Sam Humphries Talks UNCANNY X-FORCE

#1 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

This gets more and more promising the more I learn about it.

#2 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely going to give this series a shot. Psylocke, Puck and Spiral on the same team!?! Gonna be AWESOME.

#3 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

he seems like a kid in a candy shop, so excited. in a good way.

not sure about this book though, remenders hard to follow up on. definitely giving it a shot though.

#4 Posted by pspin (891 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to treat this as something separate from Remender's run, his was so good that any follow up to it will not be as good. Still I am getting pretty excited for this, it looks really good.

#5 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Sam Go ! High Hopes, a front runner for me in Now!

#6 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty good intreview still at 3.99 not worth it. 2.99 would perhaps i would of said yes maybe ill get in trade to see cable & bishop dialouge plenty to talk about between them.

#7 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

he sounds high, so the writting probably going to be awesome

#8 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's gonna be really hard to follow up Remender's run. The team looks good, and I like that they're bringing Bishop back.

#9 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone who knows the value of a dollar and not letting companies overcharge the fans.

@Cavemold:

#10 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy said:

Someone who knows the value of a dollar and not letting companies overcharge the fans.

@Cavemold:

yea i mean if your going charge the preimuim price you gotta bring the premium talent on board. i like humphries , but the concept and talent is not worth 3.99.

#11 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious about the Fantomex costume on a female myself. And Bishop in the seventh millenium AD? Nice!

#12 Posted by Skaddix (3109 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cavemold said:

pretty good intreview still at 3.99 not worth it. 2.99 would perhaps i would of said yes maybe ill get in trade to see cable & bishop dialouge plenty to talk about between them.

agreed the main reason i am interested in both books quite frankly

#13 Posted by Cavemold (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@Cavemold said:

agreed the main reason i am interested in both books quite frankly

sam said there would be no killing but what will locke do with her steel swords?

#14 Posted by Mucklefluga (2513 posts) - - Show Bio

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK WOO!!

It's gonna be hard to live up to Remender's amazing run on X-Force but hopefully it can happen.

Also Sam reminds me so much of Chris Rock.

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@geoff2005 said:

he sounds high, so the writing probably going to be awesome

Funny but true!

I just hope the art is amazing!!

#16 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (985 posts) - - Show Bio

you lost me at "He's a Canadian Indiana Jones"

I'm Out! hahaha

#17 Posted by BushidoBlack (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm willing to give this a shot. The cover made my interest in this sky rocket.

#18 Posted by edictzero (41 posts) - - Show Bio

if you close your eyes he sounds exactly like Jiminy Glick

#19 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

is it just me or does any of you think that humphries is like high on drugs or like a drunk in this interview!?

#20 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually pretty excited for this.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32728 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam is pretty cool

#22 Posted by sourcebreaker (39 posts) - - Show Bio

gonna miss the old team.

#23 Posted by MatKrenz (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this interview really is making me want to pick up the new UXF. Sam really seems like a smart writer from this.

#24 Posted by nappystr8 (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not expect Humphries to have such an impressive jewfro.

#25 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam Humphries certainly has huge shoes to fill and he knows it. I'm not so keen on the team line up and Ron Garney on art. Oh dear. Would much prefer Oliver Coipel instead of just doing the covers.

#26 Posted by kagato (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay im interested now, was a bit worried before but he seems really excited about the whole thing and its kind of rubbed off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.