Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

New Lineup?

• 45 results
    MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MSBoyd23
    MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MSBoyd23

At the end of X-Force 26, Wolverine announced that most of the members of X-Force wouldn't be returning to the team. Do you think the lineup will totally change, or do you think that the same characters will be pulled in to deal with Bastion, Stryker, Hodge, etc. since they were on the front lines and won't have to play catch up? And if it is going to change, who do you think will join? 

(I'm not going to lie, I love the current group and I really don't want it to change.)

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By the_fallen11

I think that the team roster will be Logan, Dom, Warren, Telford, Deadpool, and Cable (If he lives) maybe X-23 she seems to be a fan-favorite of the series if she is off the team I can't imagine her being gone for long.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By John Valentine

The team change was confirmed at the end of X-Force #25. 
    I, too, love the team as it stood, but we know that Warpath, Wolfsbane, X-23 and Elixir will no longer be on the team.  

• Warpath has made his peace - he avenged Caliban and his desecrated tribe and killed Selene; James has closure and no reason to stay on the team for any longer - he's more than just a killer.
    • Wolfsbane has has a pretty rough time -  she was shot in the knee, tortured by her father, brainwashed into attacking and mutilating Angel, ate her father, battled Frost Giants, fell comatose after becoming pregant with the Asgardian mutant baby that threatened her life etc. Moreover, she's now pregnant.
    • Elixir can no longer control his powers after killing Wither. He must also deal with the psychological effects of killing his old acquaintance
    • X-23 is off the team because Wolverine demanded so, basically - he wants to tear her away from the life of murder so that she can experience a (somewhat) better life. (I doubt Marvel would state this in one issue and then have her in the new line-up. Yes, she was in the Alpha squad in Second Coming #1, but that team was not an X-Force team).

We know that Wolverine, Angel, Domino and Vanisher will remain on the team. Given that there were eight members previously, that leaves four spaces for four new members. I really do hope that Deadpool is not one of them.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

Whom Pix would like to see fill in those 4 spots.

• Boom Boom. Something X-Force is missing is someone that is a ranged fighter. There's Angel who has his metal fathers, but he's so bloodlusted that he opts for slicing people in half rather than use those. Boom can throw bombs, and has now learned to use her abilities as a stream of explosives. Plus, every team needs a blonde with an impeccable fashion sense.
    • Loa. In addition to having received zero characterization since her first appearance nearly 6 years ago, Alani's power is basically instant death for anyone she uses it one. She phases through objects by, "disabling binding forces." Seeing as how X-Force is practically the kill squad, there's no other team better suited for her.
    • Alchemy. He turns stuff to gold, what else do you need?
    • Northstar. I just needed a fourth member and he's not doing anything.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think theyre going to putz around and reform give or take a member for
    Second Coming, after that if the book is still going likely a big shake-up.
    i think its one of those classic team loyalty is checked by questioning themselves
    than they reform with stronger reasons. if i could add anyone it would be Hepzibah.

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LT1085

Cable obviously.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " i think theyre going to putz around and reform give or take a member for Second Coming, after that if the book is still going likely a big shake-up. i think its one of those classic team loyalty is checked by questioning themselves than they reform with stronger reasons. if i could add anyone it would be Hepzibah. "
    I don't think so. Warpath got all his X-Heart wanted in freeing his brother, Wolfsbane has an entire new role to play for the rest of her comic life (not to mention, she only ended up on the team by default as she was a rescue mission gone slightly awry), and Elixir seems too sick to do anything.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized: we'll see. thats just my opinion on the subject, not fact sense it hasnt even come out yet. i do know which characters are represented in the Second Coming X-Force ad, and what the solicit itself says. thats all im saying. Wolfsbane is iffy before or after the fact anyways. she wasnt partaking in most of the missions and ran through a side story most of the time, or captured.
    Wondra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wondra

I think a lot of surprising additions will be made to X-Force after Second Coming. I think a lot of the X-men will be changed by some of the events that unfold. I'm like to see Indra, Archangel, Wolverine, Cable, Domino,
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized
    @CATMANEXE:  Let's not forget that the Dark Reign promotions showed Emma crushing Scott's visor, which never happened in the comics, so one can only read so far into those. The solicts for X-Force only say someone is going to die and that X-Force is going on their final mission, not too much to read into, but issue 28 pretty much says there's still going to be a team around.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pixelized: 
    I still think that after or at least by the end of SC we'll probably see a new line-up.
    I just dont think during nor immediately. i think the first issue sort of laid all of that out.
    theres an obvious upset being formed due to it coming out in the open. and like i said
    i think that SC will be give or take a member. Cable looks to be running with them.
    i think the final mission part is what heavily indicates this teams roster gets together 
    for one last run. thats all im saying in that. i just dont see a brand new roster by next issue,
    as some on this site seem to be indicating.
    MSBoyd23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MSBoyd23

I can see next issue being like the beginning X-Force issues of Necrosha--lots of mutants running around trying to save Hope but not really having a set team in place.    

As for who I'd like to see...If I can't have X-23 then I think maybe Psylocke. She seems to be one of the mutants who isn't all "X-Men don't kill".  Just please no Deadpool.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MSBoyd23: sadly, Psylocke just said " X-men dont kill " to Wolverine in her mini. she was in the process of killing someone when she said that. (?)
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By bioghost

new line up
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By bioghost

my guess  
    nate grey  
    mutantt 0 (bloody mary) if she count as a mutant 
    fantomex  
    blade
    Murphiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Murphiroth

My guess? Guy on the right is Fantomex, no doubt. Guy in the air is Warren, and the girl is Psylocke. She's got the sash coming off her hip.  Crouching guy is either Blade or Deadpool. I'm thinking 'Pool. 

Then again....only one person other than Logan is supposed to have a previous connection to X-Force. So, if it's Warren, then it's Blade. If the crouching guy is Deadpool, the guy in the air is probably Nate. Hmmmm.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Queen's Halo

Really hope that Deadpool isn't going to be on the new team. My dream-come-true would be Emma Frost. Think about it.

Murphiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Murphiroth

I really wouldn't like it being Deadpool either, but they do like to put him everywhere.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty

*sigh* Yet another daily-reveal shadow teaser?  The House of Ideas has run out of ideas :p

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pulsar

A cool team would be Wolverine, Psylocke, Mr. X, Fantomex, and Archangel. That seems like the core of an interesting book.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pixelized

If Fantomex makes it and Boom doesn't, I swear I'm dropping this.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

Am I the only one who thinks the pose of the figure on the left looks like Nightcrawler?  It even looks like he has a tail :p  He might survive Second Coming to turn into something more militant ;p

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By EdwardWindsor
    @xerox-kitty:  intresting idea , seeing miltiant kurt would be quite a change of charecter especially after he was one of the most agasint xforce.
    Aspenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#25  Edited By Aspenite
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Am I the only one who thinks the pose of the figure on the left looks like Nightcrawler?  It even looks like he has a tail :p  He might survive Second Coming to turn into something more militant ;p "
    I thought the same but maybe they are trying to mislead us?
    devilmanex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By devilmanex
    @xerox-kitty said:   I think you're right............. I really hope he doesn't die in Second Coming.......maybe that would be too obvious...
    Maybe he has a change of heart and realizes violence is a necessity??  I really hope its him!

" Am I the only one who thinks the pose of the figure on the left looks like Nightcrawler?  It even looks like he has a tail :p  He might survive Second Coming to turn into something more militant ;p "

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Aspenite said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    I thought the same but maybe they are trying to mislead us? "
    I thought that when I noticed that they'd given all the shadows 'mittens' instead of fingers.  After all, regular 4-fingered people wouldn't be much of a give away.  But to be honest, I can't see any realistic reason why Nightcrawler would join X-Force.  Then again, I still can't get over the character change in Bishop :p 

Talking of Bish, the cloaked figure on the far right reminds me of Bish.
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28  Edited By jamesewelch

After reading one of the interviews about the New X-Force, it seems that Wolverine will be "co-captain" with someone that he disagrees with. I'm betting the other co-captain will be Nightcrawler. I see this as realistic because Nightcrawler and Cyclops will have a talk and Cyclops will put Nightcrawler on the secret team to alleviate his Nightcrawler's concerns and help keep X-Force a secret from the other X-Men.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Thunderscream
    @xerox-kitty: I think that's Psylocke's sash (she's the fig in the middle)   
    @jamesewelch:

I also think she'll be the other co-captain since they obviously have a big beef with each other about the whole Mat'suo sitch
    My guesses (from most to least obvious) 
    Wolverine  
    Archangel 
    Fantomex 
    Psylocke 
    Vanisher 
    (i really hope it's not Deadpool)
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Belladonna
    @bioghost said:
    "
        new line up "
    The top looks like an obvious choice for Angel, white the katana and the sash is most likely Psylocke, hmmm the figure crouching down could be Nightcrawler, and the last with the cape could be Hope? She's the only one I see wearing a cape and X-Force material I guess. But we'll have to wait.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pixelized
    @Charmix:  You think the one with the cape and guns is Hope?
    Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Belladonna
    @pixelized said:
    " @Charmix:  You think the one with the cape and guns is Hope? "
    Yeah, well since I saw her in a solict with a cape and a gun, I just assume but I'm not sure or positive, and nice Av too bad she died ):
    SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By SoA

idk if its warren up there . i know its a silhouette but the wings look weird , seeing how people mentioned nate grey maybe its him in a coat
    ill say fantomex and psylocke guesses are good 2. the sash tho bothers me bc it looks like it  is connected to the crouching figure on the 
    left which makes me think its nightcrawler . given his recent "exit " i know its hard to believe but with x-force being a black-ops unit 
    a cover up like kurt's death could be just that. i dont wanna belive its blade though im not opposed to it . i love deadpool as much as the next guy
    but i like x-force for its serious take its take no prisoners , kill everything that moves . deadpool was fine on messiah war . but thats it . as for hope
    it seems the right choice (maybe cable doesnt make it out alive?) but i think cyclops will have her by his side with the x-men instead.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thunderscream

What if that's Magneto's cape (top figure) If they're dealing with ol' Blue-lips they're gonna need some raw power.

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Benzo

to be honest I rather see Boom-Boom on next wave again than on the new x-force team. 
    wasn't it already confirmed that dead pool is gonna be on the new x-force???

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized
    @Benzo said:
    " to be honest I rather see Boom-Boom on next wave again than on the new x-force team. wasn't it already confirmed that dead pool is gonna be on the new x-force??? "
    I'd just like to see Boom Boom.
    RiceFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RiceFox

I really really really really hope Cable returns to X-Force. I'd cut off part of my left pinky.

Also, I want Deadpool to be in this, just so I can see more dynamic between the two.

Trackz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Trackz

Remender has stated that they would bringing in heroes they know they could trust (which eliminates people like Mr. X), he's stated that only one of member wold have ties to the x-force/would be a returning member, in my opinion that takes out deadpool as well. I believe the line up to be: 
    Wolverine 
    Angel 
    Elektra (that appears to be a sash not a tail) 
    Fantomex (Though i wouldn't be completely surprised if it was Punisher, the trench coat appears to be fantomex's though) 
    and Blade (him over deadpool because of the fact that they are looking for heroes that have no prior ties to x-force, but he's deadpool ofcourse, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him)

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jamesewelch
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By joshmightbe

warpath needs to be in there

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jamesewelch
    @Edamame said:
    " @jamesewelch said:
    " Bleeding Cool is announcing that Marvel's going to announce Uncanny X-Force at SDCC.

Team consists of:

They'll take on  Apocalypse in the first story arc. "
    Release dates? "
    No date info. More info to come at SDCC with the official announcement.

The book will also have an "Explicit Content" label.
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jamesewelch
    @Edamame: San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) is July 22-25. Explicit Content means it's going to be more like a MAX title. It won't be an all-ages book.
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jamesewelch
    @Edamame: 
     Uncanny X-Force #1 by Rick Remender and Jerome Opena will launch in October and you can expect to hear Marvel announce the project at San Diego.  

I missed the part about October release date in my initial read of the article.
    blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By blade hunter
    @jamesewelch said:
    " @Edamame said:
    " @jamesewelch said:
    " Bleeding Cool is announcing that Marvel's going to announce Uncanny X-Force at SDCC.

Team consists of:

They'll take on  Apocalypse in the first story arc. "
    Release dates? "
    No date info. More info to come at SDCC with the official announcement.  The book will also have an "Explicit Content" label. "
    Explicit content but why Deadpool?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.