Most Recommended X-Force arc?

#1 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start out by saying that I'm a big fan of Psylocke, but she hasn't really had major attention since that mini-series written by Chris Yost. I'm aware that she jumped on the X-Force team, but I'm not sure when she did (she jumped on with Fantomex and Deadpool right?). Now, I haven't read a single issue of X-Force in my life, which I probably should be slapped for. I don't know why! I just never picked one up, even though I love Wolverine and X-23. 

So, what X-Force arc would you recommend (that is a trade, preferably) that includes Psylocke? 

I probably can't jump onto the current X-Force, right? It looks incredibly confusing.

#2 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read #1-18 of Uncanny X-Force (Psylocke, Wolverine, Fantomex, Angel, Deadpool) in trade, issue 19 just came out so you'd be pretty much up to date.

#3 Posted by Atomic_Punk (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I had an easy enough time starting on the first TPB of the current run, The Apocalypse Solution, and I'm just about caught up now. Really great stuff.

#4 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@HotSauceCommittee said:
Just read #1-18 of Uncanny X-Force (Psylocke, Wolverine, Fantomex, Angel, Deadpool) in trade, issue 19 just came out so you'd be pretty much up to date.
Is that the most recent incarnation of the team? 

@Atomic_Punk said:

I had an easy enough time starting on the first TPB of the current run, The Apocalypse Solution, and I'm just about caught up now. Really great stuff.

I'm going to have to be a total noob and ask what TPB means - sorry!
#5 Posted by HotSauceCommittee (345 posts) - - Show Bio
@WildValentine: Yes, started in 2010, only on issue #19 now so you could easily catch up. Brand new line up so easy to follow. And TPB stands for tradepaperback. They're several (usually 4 or 6) issues collected into one big book.
#6 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@HotSauceCommittee said:
@WildValentine: Yes, started in 2010, only on issue #19 now so you could easily catch up. Brand new line up so easy to follow. And TPB stands for tradepaperback. They're several (usually 4 or 6) issues collected into one big book.
Thanks for your help! I managed to get my hands on the first five issues or so of that arc, and I'm enjoying it.
#7 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

And yes that's the current line-up (Wolverine, Psylocke, Archangel, Fantomex, Deadpool). The series is called Uncanny X-Force and started right after the Second Coming arc in the end of 2010, making the series only have 20 issues as of now. The other line-up (Wolverine, X-23, Elixir, Domino, Angel, Wolfsbane, Warpath, and Vanisher) was the previous X-Force title right before Uncanny X-Force started out... it ended with 22 issues and Uncanny was kinda like a continuation of it! I would just start out reading Uncanny X-Force from #1 till now (which is only like 20 issues) but if u really want to delve into the X-Force world... I would definantly start out with the previous X-Force book, read the entire 22 issue series then read the Second Coming story then continue to Uncanny X-Force! (But that's just me... and maybe because I've been following it since the beginning and it's sort of like a chronological order, but who cares!!) Money wise, just start with the Uncanny X-Force series!!!

Hope that info helps!!!

#8 Posted by Hysteria (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Angel saga was awesome.

#9 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hysteria said:

Dark Angel saga was awesome.

#10 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

And yes that's the current line-up (Wolverine, Psylocke, Archangel, Fantomex, Deadpool). The series is called Uncanny X-Force and started right after the Second Coming arc in the end of 2010, making the series only have 20 issues as of now. The other line-up (Wolverine, X-23, Elixir, Domino, Angel, Wolfsbane, Warpath, and Vanisher) was the previous X-Force title right before Uncanny X-Force started out... it ended with 22 issues and Uncanny was kinda like a continuation of it! I would just start out reading Uncanny X-Force from #1 till now (which is only like 20 issues) but if u really want to delve into the X-Force world... I would definantly start out with the previous X-Force book, read the entire 22 issue series then read the Second Coming story then continue to Uncanny X-Force! (But that's just me... and maybe because I've been following it since the beginning and it's sort of like a chronological order, but who cares!!) Money wise, just start with the Uncanny X-Force series!!!

Hope that info helps!!!

That's what I dids but started with X-Force the new series & have every issue (not including in tie-ins) last issue I've got is 23 of Uncanny.

#11 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

Hope that info helps!!!

That's what I dids but started with X-Force the new series & have every issue (not including in tie-ins) last issue I've got is 23 of Uncanny.

So are you good, then?

#12 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

Hope that info helps!!!

So are you good, then?

Yeah for now Ik that in issue 24 Iceman got killed by Kurt after the smelting factory fight. Like burned alive in a furnace. lol. But I'm broke so I'll wait until the 13th (my birthday to get some new comics).

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

Hope that info helps!!!

So are you good, then?

Yeah for now Ik that in issue 24 Iceman got killed by Kurt after the smelting factory fight. Like burned alive in a furnace. lol. But I'm broke so I'll wait until the 13th (my birthday to get some new comics).

Just keep up with the series and you'll be good...

#14 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@WildValentine said:

@HotSauceCommittee said:

@Atomic_Punk said:

TPB - Trade Paper Back

Hope that info helps!!!

So are you good, then?

Just keep up with the series and you'll be good...

ifi I don't get my comics I get the info here

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987: True... that's what this site is for!!

#16 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

I hope Uncanny gets some more team members, I hope Ultimaton or Deathlok get moved to active duty.

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

I hope Uncanny gets some more team members, I hope Ultimaton or Deathlok get moved to active duty.

I'm just hoping for another female to join!! I was hoping Domino would but she's being used elsewhere at the moment... come to think of it, both Psylocke and Domino are on the same X-Men team on Cyclops' side, maybe Psylocke will let her in on the "secret club" and she'll join after all!

#18 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

I'm just hoping for another female to join!! I was hoping Domino would but she's being used elsewhere at the moment... come to think of it, both Psylocke and Domino are on the same X-Men team on Cyclops' side, maybe Psylocke will let her in on the "secret club" and she'll join after all!

Kitty should use her Shadowcat persona & join.

#19 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

That actually sounds kinda cool... it's time for Kitty to let her hair down... kidding!

#20 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

That actually sounds kinda cool... it's time for Kitty to let her hair down... kidding!

It'd be nice to see Kat uses her powers in a more lethal way & see a darker side to her.

#21 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

It'd be nice to see Kat uses her powers in a more lethal way & see a darker side to her.

That's one aspect of her powers and personality that we really never seen (or that I've never seen). I think she was a badass in her samurai training with Wolverine or something but don't remember!

#22 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

That's one aspect of her powers and personality that we really never seen (or that I've never seen). I think she was a badass in her samurai training with Wolverine or something but don't remember!

I'd love to see her phase a person's heat out of their body while it's still beating.

#23 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

I'd love to see her phase a person's heat out of their body while it's still beating.

I loved this little scene from that alternate phoenix book!!

#24 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

Lol think about her doing something like that in Uncanny X-Force.

#25 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

@Namor1987 said:

@papad1992 said:

Lol think about her doing something like that in Uncanny X-Force.

That would make my day!!

#26 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd laugh if she did that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.