Five Page Preview of X-Force #14 [Spoilers]

• 57 results
Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is one book we look forward to reading each month around the office it's Rick Remender's X-Force series. The book, so far, has been one of the most exciting team driven books to come out of Marvel in a very long time. Yet, if you thought things were heating up last issue (yes, we are talking about that Psylocke and Fantomex make-out session), you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Yeah, you read that right, 'The Age of Archangel' is looming, and both Warren's sanity and future seem to be at stake. Last issue we saw the tension between Psylocke and Fantomex peak (X-Force #12), but Betsy shut it down quickly, promising that she will not give up on Warren. One look at this five page preview of the issue #14, due in stores next month and you might change your mind. Is Warren lost to the X-Force? Will he be completely consumed by Apocalypse?

== TEASER ==

You may recall a few issues back when Dark Beast took the X-Force team into the AoA dimension in order to help them obtain the light seed that would save Warren from becoming the next Apocalypse. Being the stand-up guy that he is, Dark Beast abandoned them there and returned. However, we haven't seen Dark Beast since...until now. All we'll say is things aren't looking good for the X-Force. Check out the five page preview of X-Force #14 below, due in stores September 14th, 2011. Will you be picking up the issue?

#1 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's issue 13?

#2 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

oooohhh this looks good lol

#3 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang freaking spoilers, shouldn't have looked at it. Oh well better act surprised lol. 
One of the Best Marvel Books if not the best marvel book on the stands today.

#4 Posted by HellionVulcan (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

Holocaust looks more robotic now which kinda annoys me but other wise yes archangel is thy man now .

#5 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@NXH said:

Where's issue 13?

It will be out before the September issue (14)

#6 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
LOVING, LOVE, LOVE THE ARTWORK

Why haven't I been reading up on X-Force? I actually need to restart reading the X-books again.
#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

wow........ummmm just wow
#8 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what anyone says....this has been a solidly good book from issue 1

#9 Posted by movieartman (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG this books colorist is GOD  
holocaust looks so freaking badass
#10 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm SUPER excited by this issue Im so glad they aren't simply curing Angel and he will get to explore being the heir of Apocalypse. Uncanny X-Force has been very consistent with keeping things interesting and pulling out something unexpected. 
Glad it's on my pull list

#11 Posted by fesak (7056 posts) - - Show Bio

Think that's the new character Genocide, but he pretty much looks to be the same as Holocaust anyway.

#12 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jordanstine said:

LOVING, LOVE, LOVE THE ARTWORK Why haven't I been reading up on X-Force? I actually need to restart reading the X-books again.

It's the one Marvel title I make sure I read every month. SUCH a great book.

#13 Posted by rhstickler (38 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw the "boy", I was like 'whoa, that is SO not a kid...is it?' 
And then he pled for the safety of his mom and I was won over.

#14 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

Super excited and intrigued to whats gonna happen!!!
#15 Posted by justafan (133 posts) - - Show Bio

really good art

#16 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

this book is so damn good.  This and the last X-Force run were just great. 
#17 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That does look great!

#18 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio
@CombatSpoon86 said:
Dang freaking spoilers, shouldn't have looked at it. Oh well better act surprised lol. One of the Best Marvel Books if not the best marvel book on the stands today.
We've talked about how I can't stand this book, but you know what, I may start reading again now...
#19 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at him, all ready to kill some flatscans (tearjerk) his father would be so proud

#20 Posted by gethere (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so is a 616 version of holocaust and he called genocide? 

#21 Posted by cobra88king8 (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Dam X-force is my favorite series right now, its great and this looks like its gonna be awesome

#22 Posted by Maxwell_Trainor (52 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVING X Force!!! Never thought id enjoy something with so much drama and emotions, im not a lover of that. But love this 

cant wait to see the Holocaust wannabee

#23 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@JonesDeini:  
Yea Dude I know your reasons lol. But man it's the one of Marvel's best consistent books. One I don't mind paying 4 bucks four. The dark angel saga is turning out to be one of the best x-stories this yr.
#24 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

so Apocalypse had a kid with an anorexic mutant girl he kidnapped from her parents...  

X-Men: SVU
}8-[P

#25 Posted by The_Lunatic (27 posts) - - Show Bio

That rocket pack.... 
HNNNNNG

#26 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks awsome! The artwork looks amazing but Beast looks a little off to me, but thats fine.

#27 Posted by MrMazz (1249 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I love the artwork. So Holocaust is now Genocide? OK gah I want this book already

#28 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Opena and White. The perfect artist and colorist duo :)

#29 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so happy I started with this book and stayed with it. It wasn't really hard to stay with it. Such a great comic.

#30 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean the art work just makes you salivate....!! I just thought about it, and this is the only 'X' title I collect now or have in been in the last ten years. It certainly has been worth it.

#31 Posted by nnotdead (78 posts) - - Show Bio

why is Snoop Dog there?

#32 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:
This looks awsome! The artwork looks amazing but Beast looks a little off to me, but thats fine.
that's because it's Dark Beast
#33 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428:  
Definitely the best xbook and one of marvel's best titles right now
#34 Posted by Autopsad (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah !!! I waited so long for warren to go evil (before this series), i can't wait to see him battle X-Force

#35 Posted by FNspiderdan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

:') omg i cant wait! x-force, venom, ASM= best books out right now

#36 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

oh my, they just turned sh*t up to 11!

#37 Posted by Vendel (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Let's hope this version doesn't go out like a punk.

#38 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG this looks awesome

#39 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (230 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jordanstine said:
LOVING, LOVE, LOVE THE ARTWORK Why haven't I been reading up on X-Force? I actually need to restart reading the X-books again.

The artwork is actually the one thing I don't really like about this version of X-force. I have to admit the last volume was better in every way, (for me at least).
#40 Edited by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Gee i have not really read any X-books in some time.  This looks pretty damn good. I just may have to check it out. 

Has this story arc been good from the start (issue 11)?
#41 Posted by nightshroud1 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

but the thing is apocalypse is'nt dead, he's being guarded by ultamatron aboard fantomex' ship
#42 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightshroud1 said:
but the thing is apocalypse is'nt dead, he's being guarded by ultamatron aboard fantomex' ship
This is what i thought as well. Can't wait to read this book.
#43 Posted by MagmaGazer (108 posts) - - Show Bio

And the momentum just keep on growing. The one thing that really gripped me about this book, aside from its huge plot, is the artwork. I simply love it! Roll on September, I simply cannot wait. 

#44 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green ankh said:
Gee i have not really read any X-books in some time.  This looks pretty damn good. I just may have to check it out.  Has this story arc been good from the start (issue 11)?
This arc has been amazing from the beginning. I was hooked from page one.
#45 Posted by The Impersonator (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy on the first pic looks like Snoop Dogg.

#46 Edited by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

looks amazing.

this character is the 616 Universe counterpart to the AoA one then I take it? (meaning Holocaust, his 616 counterpart was said to exist and that he was hidden)

#47 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iron Fist Angel said:
@Jordanstine said:
LOVING, LOVE, LOVE THE ARTWORK Why haven't I been reading up on X-Force? I actually need to restart reading the X-books again.
    The artwork is actually the one thing I don't really like about this version of X-force. I have to admit the last volume was better in every way, (for me at least).
I've got to disagree with you there, the art is just amazing!! finally something that doesn't look manga inspired or looks like a bad cartoon. This would not be out of place in a euro comic-strip, i find they look a bit more "realistic" than usa comics. 
Actually looking like people instead of that deformed manga crap.
just my opinion
#48 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that a blue version of Snoop Dogg?

#49 Posted by kidThanos (4 posts) - - Show Bio

openas archangel is the best

#50 Posted by CombatSpoon86 (832 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green ankh:  
yes it has. Go find the issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.