Follow

X-Force

Team » X-Force appears in 1999 issues.

When Cable reformed the New Mutants, he made them his soldiers. They became a mutant "black ops" team, assigned to kill not just the enemies of the X-Men, but of all mutantkind. Although this team eventually disbanded, the X-Force moniker has persisted in successive iterations of more and more aggressive X-teams.

Casting Choices - Uncanny X-Force Animated Movie

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

Edited By The Lobster

Casting is a big thing, one bad voice actor can lower the entire experience of the movie. For example, I liked Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths, but Batman's voice actor just didn't fit. Every time Batman talked it took me out of the experience and It just didn't work. I was thinking about how cool it would be if there was a animated Uncanny X-Force movie. Then I started thinking about who should be casted in the roles. Well I decided to make a blog about it showing my decisions.

Here is who I think could do the characters justice in terms of voice actors..... 

WOLVERINE

Wolverine is a tough as nails dude, and his voice needs to represent that. I do enjoy Steve Blums work as Wolverine, although I think a different voice suits Wolverine a lot more. The voice of Mark Hamill....Yeah you know. Mark Hamill, the guy who voiced The Joker in Batman The Animated Series, and The Spectre in Batman Brave and The Bold. He also had a brief bit where he played Wolverine, in a video game. Here's a brief sample of his work as Wolverine.  Listen to this and tell me he isn't a great fit for Wolverine.

ARCHANGEL

Archangel is a difficult choice, with the exception of the wings he's a normal dude. Although he has a dark side to him. The voice actor needs to be able to handle both sides and make it convincing . Liam O'Brien seems to be the the main voice of Warren now. Since he's voiced him in both Wolverine and The X-Men and The SuperHero Squad Show. Personally he's a good fit. Here's a sample of his work as Archangel. 

Psylocke

Psylocke is a tough one. Part of me wants to say Grey DeLisle, although another part of me thinks Kelly Hu would be fantastic. Hmmm....which one, which one...... I'm going to go out on a limb and go with Kelly Hu, something about her voice sounds deadly. Psylocke is a person nobody would want to mess with. If she doesn't carve you up into bits, she'll turn your mind into goo. I'm going to say Kelly Hu. Something about her voice I just eat up.

DEADPOOL

My favorite member of the group, you know a bizarre part of me always thought Daniel Tosh could do a good Deadpool, but then my logical part kicks my bizarre half in the butt for being so bizarre. Anyway I like both voices we have for Deadpool. John Kassir's is memorable and distinct which is great since Deadpool's voice balloons are yellow after all. But Nolan North captures the hyperactiveness of Deadpool. While I usually like Nolan's voice more, I'm going to go with John Kassir's Deadpool voice for this movie. Just because it's unique and fits the tone. 

FANTOMEX

No Caption Provided

Hurm, a cocky fake french man who can make people see hallucinations.....hurm....well hey, since I gave Deadpool to John Kassir, maybe his voice could fit Fantomex. I can see it. Nolan North is quite talented, so I'm sure he could pull it off and do the character justice.  Try to imagine Desmond Miles but with a French Accent. It could work.

That's my casting decisions, who do you think should be casted in these roles if there was an animated movie to come out? Plus let me know what you think of the whole Daniel Tosh thing, cause my Bizarre half and my Logical half are still unsure if it's a good choice or not.
    jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jcbart

Good casting choices! Although I'd maybe give Deadpool to Nolan North and Fantomex to someone else since Uncanny X-Force's version of Deadpool is more complex, and I think North could bring that through quite well. Also have to keep in mind that Psylocke's English, and so far her voice actors have just been dopey American attempting English accents. For some weird reason I can really, really see Sienna Guillory  (plays Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil films) as Psylocke. She's posh but not too posh, she's calm and composed but seems very capable of going berserk.

Phoenix XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Phoenix XII

i want keira knigtly for psylocke

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.