am I the only one who has a problem with this?

#1 Edited by time (5108 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Force from the 90's doesn't exist anymore. The X-Force from the 90's was one of the most coolest and one of the most dangerous teams, where are they now?. Domino Warpath, Cannonball are to busy being X-Men members, Dani Moonstar and Sunspot are with new mutants and Shatterstar, Rictor and Siryn(Banshee) is with the X-Factor. Boom Boom, is a background character now, Cable was battling the Avengers and Feral return from the dead and I don't know where she is now.

I find it very annoying that the X-Men writers are too busy creating X-Force teams with X-Men members and making the X-Factor team have old X-Force characters.

Am I only one who has a problem with this. I think the old X-Force should return. What do you think? They were a good team.

X-Force #43
#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a problem with this.

I do have a problem with the number of spamming "Take a point, add a point" threads you've created on the X-Board.

#3 Posted by time (5108 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I do have a problem with the number of spamming "Take a point, add a point" threads you've created on the X-Board.

Whatever. You have a problem with any threads I create. No suprise there.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force is so much better than this anyway.

#5 Posted by time (5108 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Not it's not. Uncanny X-Force is overrated.

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (16394 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I think most members are all well on different x-teams and that's a good thing. I'm more concerned about the Excalibur members which most of them are no longer showing up

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

Why? The two series don't even compare. The original X-Force was an early-90s, big gun, extra ammo pack, explosion-ridden action movie, with little in the way of clever story telling or interesting character development.

Uncanny X-Force is the best thing to come out of Marvel in years. Jerome Opena's art is beautiful and Remender's plots and characterization are top-notch. He made Angel relevant and interesting for once, started a new age in the Apocalypse methos, and his Psylocke is fantastic.

#8 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

QFT!! Outside of The Apocalypse Solution and The Dark Angel Saga, UXF is good but not as amazing as people make it out to be

#9 Posted by chalkshark (1195 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a problem with Warpath's ridiculous costume and the fact that his head is smaller than his fists. The characters that migrated to X-Factor have been pretty well served there. The ones that moved on into the X-Men titles have gotten lost in the long shadows cast by Wolverine-Cyclops-White Queen. I'd rather not see a return to the 90's title, as I prefer characters moving forward, but it is a shame that several good characters aren't getting the due they deserve in the current titles.

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@aaunderoath said:

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

QFT!! Outside of The Apocalypse Solution and The Dark Angel Saga, UXF is good but not as amazing as people make it out to be

That's pretty much the whole run aside from the last arc.

#11 Posted by DEGRAAF (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I agree on both counts.

@time: It's true you're "take a point, add a point" threads have become overbearing. You create a lot of them. I liked them when they first came out and it would be one at a time only starting one when the last one ends but now it seems you have 10-11 going all the time (that's just a guess it seems like a lot though)

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine Would you rate UXF above X-Force volume 3?
#13 Posted by aaunderoath (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@aaunderoath said:

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

That's pretty much the whole run aside from the last arc.

... well played

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Yes, I would. I think it's a better comic.

But X-Force Vol. 3 was extremely enjoyable, mainly because of Elixir/X-23 and the other new X-Men that featured, as well as the mindless violence.

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alot of spite here um I prefer the 90's X-Force but the exact same team lasting 20 years simply doesn't happen members get moved around, die, depowered, etc. Still I would love for them to get back together for a one shot or something. Oh and the take a points are a bit annoying just span them out a bit. Just finish one and then start another.

#16 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no problems with this. I actually didn't like the 90's X-Force team lineup. Some dead weight. But they are just characters; if the lineups stayed the same forever it would get very boring.

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

@John Valentine said:

I agree on both counts.

@time: It's true you're "take a point, add a point" threads have become overbearing. You create a lot of them. I liked them when they first came out and it would be one at a time only starting one when the last one ends but now it seems you have 10-11 going all the time (that's just a guess it seems like a lot though)

I agree with both u and John Valentine... time's Take a Point games are too over-powering!! I love playing these games (I've always played them with humanfly26 hosting forever now) but there is just too many of them!! I still play some of them but cut down on the games... honestly!!

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

Yes, I would. I think it's a better comic.

But X-Force Vol. 3 was extremely enjoyable, mainly because of Elixir/X-23 and the other new X-Men that featured, as well as the mindless violence.

I can't get over my fangirling for Vol. 3 for whatever reason.

@papad1992 said:

@DEGRAAF said:

@John Valentine said:

I agree on both counts.

I agree with both u and John Valentine... time's Take a Point games are too over-powering!! I love playing these games (I've always played them with humanfly26 hosting forever now) but there is just too many of them!! I still play some of them but cut down on the games... honestly!!

Part of the problem is that there was only supposed to be one at a time (hence GAPTAP #1, 2, 3 etc after the title. But people went willy nilly with it and we got WAY over saturated.

#19 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

well i dont care all i care is a love the x-men and i follow all the series of them

#20 Posted by frozenedge (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this X-Force team. They're not the same as the previous X-Force since they're basically an assassination squad (now a part-time security squad) instead of just a back-up squad.

#21 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

Why? The two series don't even compare. The original X-Force was an early-90s, big gun, extra ammo pack, explosion-ridden action movie, with little in the way of clever story telling or interesting character development.

Uncanny X-Force is the best thing to come out of Marvel in years. Jerome Opena's art is beautiful and Remender's plots and characterization are top-notch. He made Angel relevant and interesting for once, started a new age in the Apocalypse methos, and his Psylocke is fantastic.

The original X-Force run also gave us 14 issues of the team that would become X-Statix...so it wasn't a total bust. That switch is probably the biggest troll move Marvel's ever pulled. Fans of gigantic guns were pissed off if I recall, and it was awesome!

This is greater than belt pouches and techno-organic viruses.
#22 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Force was just a team made up of New Mutants, X-Terminators and Fallen Angels. So people move on to different teams, that's okay.

#23 Posted by garrettsgonewild (78 posts) - - Show Bio

UNCANNY X-FORCE IS MUCH BETTER NOW!

#24 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

Different era but it'd be cool if they reunited for a few mission

#25 Posted by madmartin760 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I disagree with Wolverine being on 3 teams, that I know of, I do like Uncanny better than 90's just a little. Also, it's not surprising the 90's team joined other groups, the original line-up was members from other groups. Cable: Six Pack, Cannonball: New Mutants, Boom Boom: X-Terminators, Warpath: Hellions, Siryn: Fallen Angels, Feral: Morlocks, and Copycat was a spy 4 someone else.

#26 Posted by BatWatch (2905 posts) - - Show Bio

I never liked X-Force. Live and let die.

#27 Posted by Billy Batson (58277 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld fans, LOL.
BB

#28 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Liefeld fans, LOL.
BB

Liefield is duh best artist and writer evar, he is so 1337. L00k at his Captain America.

Heroes Reborn

N0thing c@n b3@t h1s art

#29 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Ewwwwww, it's a troll.

#30 Edited by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Ewwwwww, it's a troll.

Hardly. I answered the question in point.

Points for trying, though.

Here's a medal:

#31 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Lol,....Silly Troll

Personally I find the early 90's version of the X-Force pretty decent and preferred over the modern version.

#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld drew this didn't he...........

That right there is enough of a reason for me to prefer Uncanny without ever reading it

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Lol,....Silly Troll

Personally I find the early 90's version of the X-Force pretty decent and preferred over the modern version.

Pretty high chance I'm smarter than you, but cool.

With the guns and pouches? Great choice.

#34 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Lol,....Silly Troll

LMAO,...... You trolls are freakin hilarious.

#35 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Lol,....Silly Troll

LMAO,...... You trolls are freakin hilarious.

Glad you find it funny, but you're doing exactly what you claim to hate right now.

#36 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Glad you find it funny, but you're doing exactly what you claim to hate right now.

Who cares, as long as it's a troll.

#37 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trolling someone by calling them a troll.

Trollception.

#38 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

That's nice.... Let's just replace the term "troll" with an individual who is utterly rude for no supported reason, then I could careless what I am. Sometimes people just have to keep poking a troll with a huge stick until some moderator swoops in and saves the day.

But back to the lovely topic. From what I can remember from the original cast was that the X-Factor had brought in both new and underused mutant heroes into the spotlight, despite the age of overkill guns and ammo, there was an original sense of enjoyment I held with the X-Factor until modern day comics completely butchered the mutant franchise.

#39 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

That's nice.... Let's just replace the term "troll" with an individual who is utterly rude for no supported reason, then I could careless what I am. Sometimes people just have to keep poking a troll with a huge stick until some moderator swoops in and saves the day.

But back to the lovely topic. From what I can remember from the original cast was that the X-Factor had brought in both new and underused mutant heroes into the spotlight, despite the age of overkill guns and ammo, there was an original sense of enjoyment I held with the X-Factor until modern day comics completely butchered the mutant franchise.

Modern day writers butchered it? Are you one of those people that consider Liefield a good writer?

#40 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

Modern day writers butchered it? Are you one of those people that consider Liefield a good writer?

Yes,...modern day comics butchered it for several reasons.

But I wonder,..what if I was a Liefield fan or that I believe he was a good writer?

#41 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

But I wonder,..what if I was a Liefield fan or that I believe he was a good writer?

Your opinions would be irrelevant.

#42 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

Now how would that be fair to assume that other people are wrong about what they like and don't like?

and yet I never judged your opinions on the modern day X-series nor will I.

#43 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

Now how would that be fair to assume that other people are wrong about what they like and don't like?

I didn't assume. I asked.

#44 Edited by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman said:

@John Valentine said:

Trollception.

I didn't assume. I asked.

You didn't assume somebody's opinions would be irrelevant? Or maybe you left out that question mark at the end of a sentence.

#45 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@MTHarman: I didn't assume yours were because I didn't know if you were a Liefield fan or not. If you were a Liefield fan then yes, your opinion would be irrelevant.

#46 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@MTHarman: I didn't assume yours were because I didn't know if you were a Liefield fan or not. If you were a Liefield fan then yes, your opinion would be irrelevant.

Oh?.....now that's very interesting.

Let me make a point, sir.

Liefield does not only have an army of hated comic fans, but a fanbase who actually enjoys his works. But the point is, is that there's always a level of respect for what other people like or dislike and for whatever reasons why somebody would enjoy something that I personally dislike, it would never be my role to say they're irrelevant nor should it be somebody else's role.

Of the many problems that this chaotic community site suffers from,....is that there are users who are judged so easily for having bad taste.

#47 Posted by Eyelash30 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally enjoyed the Counter-X approach of X-Force through Warren Ellis having the team battle spy-related war crimes, secrecies and conspiratorial concepts over pacifism.
#48 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force is brilliant and I don't need another X-Force team or other team members because the current X-Forcer's are pretty badass and I love them all.

#49 Posted by SKARHEAD (10 posts) - - Show Bio

What a horrible thread topic.

No...there is absolutely NO REASon to repeat the HUGE mistakes of the 90's that led to the comic book industry entering a dark age and shrinking to a very large degree....It was because of flashy crappy no substance rip off trainwrecks like Rob Leifeld's concept of X-Force...No, we don't need to see another Rob Leifeld FAIl reunion. NEVER again.

Wolverine's black ops team is the ONLY x-Force ever done right...and really the ONLY X-Book period being written correctly

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.