shawn87's X-Force: Sex and Violence #1 - X-Force: Sex and Violence review

• shawn87 wrote this review on .
  • shawn87 has written a total of 597 reviews. The last one was for

Sex And Violence

The Story:

Domino gets in deep with the Assassins Guild and The Hand forcing Wolverine to clean up her mess.

My Thoughts:

This three issue mini-series is written by Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost. Both of which are two of my favorite writers, especially when it comes to the X-Men. Their recent run on X-Force has been remarkable on so many levels. Now they team up together for a fun mini-series centering around Wolverine and Domino.

As you can tell from the title, this comic is all about sex and violence. The comic definitely lives up to its name. The violence was brutal and vicious. The artist did a great job displaying how savage Wolverine can truly be. Obviously this is suggested for more mature readers. The same tone from the X-Force series is felt. In fact it feels like it got kicked up a couple levels here. I loved reading the Wolverine and Domino relationship unfold. Wolverine seemed unconcerned about whether or not Domino died but seemed to have no problem sleeping with her in the meantime. The dialogue between the two was well written and at times pretty funny.

My only real complaint is that it's only three issues. I would have loved to have seen more. I felt like there was room for the story to continue longer or even possibly turn it into an on-going series. Perhaps they felt it best to keep it as a mini-series rather then a full on-going series. While the "Sex And Violence" was a fun and unique idea, over time it could become repetitive and stale.

The art is by Gabriele Dell'Otto. The style is so perfect for this story. He does an amazing job capturing all the sex and violence Craig Kyle and Chris Yost scripted. I really loved the painted color style. Something about

Since this was only a three issue mini-series, Marvel included an old issue of X-Men during Grant Morrison's run on the series as an added bonus. I'd recommend reading this if you're X-Force fans. The dynamic storytelling, engaging dialogue and vicious action made this such an exciting comic to read.

Rating: 4.5/5
Posted by B'Town

This book is one of my favorites from last 2010! Domino was fabulous; sexy and dangerous. Wolverine & her together play well off each other.

Terrific review, I couldn't agree with you more on everything.

Posted by djotaku

@B'Town: they work SO well together that it makes me sad that Domino is on team Cyclops