krakoa's X-Force #26 - Second Coming, Chapter Five review

• krakoa wrote this review on .
  • krakoa has written a total of 209 reviews. The last one was for

What the X-men Should Be at All Times

In a world of overpriced comics constantly plunging into melodramatic story lines with thousands of one shots and cash cow mini-series, the average casual comic aficionado (I know that sounds like an oxymoron) becomes quite jaded at times. Now, X-Force is a fascinating book in that upon its launch it followed a black ops X-men team with Wolverine, X-23 and other assorted mutants. After a hiatus from the series I find it has become another stepping stone in the current Second Coming arc. I was apprehensive and ready to completely ignore another arc with death and triumphant villains as the order of the day. Childish curiosity got the better of me, and I wanted to know who died in a comic for once by reading it without being told. I shan't spoil anything, but this is arguably one of the greatest single issues ever. The art is breathtakingly cinematic (in a good way), and the writing is full of the beautiful flair the 90's TV series had. Want to see some classic X-men characters at their finest. Look no further, pilgrim, you've found your way home.