X-Files talk...

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

we got any X-Files fans here?

what's you're favorite season?

what did you think of the Mytharc that ran through the entire 9 season run?

who's you're favorite character?

you're favorite bad guy?

M

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea,love X-files

Season 7 was my favorite

I hated Season 9.

Dana Scully is my favorite character

I don't really have a favorite bad guy.

#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

cool :D

M

#4 Posted by G-Man (32578 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#5 Posted by Radias (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya the X Files is a realy good show. so far my favrite char is mudler. my favrite villian the smoking man.and my favrite sesion is the second.

#6 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

x-files was great. i loved mulder the most and i loved all of the seasons and my favorite villain is the cigarette smoking man.

#7 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Have season one through five on DVD. As far as I am concerned the show ended with the film (between five and six), because it really went downhill from there. It became increasingly obvious that Chris Carter had never actually worked out what the grand conspiracy was, yet he spent waaaay too much time on it.

Give me the little one-shot episodes like Hell Money, Clyde Buckman's Last Repose, Beyond the Sea, Die Hand Die Verlitz, 2Shy, Humbug, Kill Switch, Shadows, etc. Those were freakin' awesome. The best the grand conspiracy got was Anasazi/Blessing Way/Paper Clip. That was the highlight.

I loved all the characters, Mulder, Scully, Skinner, the Lone Gunmen, Mr. X...

Probably my favorite bad guy? CSM was an incredible creation, but I loved Well Manicured Man.

Favorite Monster? Leonard Betts.
Post Edited:2008-03-09 21:18:14

#8 Posted by G-Man (32578 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone seen the movie yet?  I've been wanting to but it opened when I was at Comic-Con and now I'm in Chicago visiting family.  I haven't heard (or looked for) any reviews.

Staff
#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nope..

haven't even seen a trailer for it yet...

M

#10 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Slight question here, would i be allowed to post a link to a site that shows links to third party sites that contain the movie?

since CV isnt responable for third party sites and all that...

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

no...

piracy or links to any piracy sites aren't welcome

M

#12 Posted by G-Man (32578 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather not see that.  I personally don't believe in that kind of thing.  I'd rather not encourage it nor have the site do so in any way, even if it's not direct.  Now that people know you know, they can pm you.

Staff
#13 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i has good intentions though ... anyways yea do what G-Man said if you want to uh... yea :D

#14 Posted by G-Man (32578 posts) - - Show Bio

And here's a trailer:

Staff
#15 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Season 7 never happend,.

Season 2 was the best.

here is an Xfile. What if Arrow was a Mod...........hears that also thrilling music.

#16 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

I watch X-files everyday :)

And if Arrow was Mod we'd all be dead or in an alternate reality :P

#17 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey you know id make a great mod/mulder:p

#18 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

o_O Maybe :P

I'd make a better Scully xP

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
The X-Files 2
Ok, i've finally seen the full movie...

First things first...

SPOILERS!!!

and wow, just wow...

the new movie blows the first away by miles...

it really feels like it's back to the original series, the medical research, the psychics, the team work, the usual b!tchyness and stupidity of the FBI lol

it feels like the first 4 series again, while i came into the movie hoping for a conclusion to the 'cancerman aliens' arc that spread through the entire series of X-Files, what i found was an amazing movie that really blew me away with amazing writing and not a flashy special effect in sight.

there are more than a few twists and turns in the plot, enough to keep any X-Files fan guessing and the guest star of Billy Connoly playing a paedophile priest was just perfect casting and an amazing character that really grabbed my attention.

The one thing i really didn't see coming was the fact that Mulder and Scully are now in a relationship and apparently have been for several years... but again, it really worked in the overall storyline and actually made sense for the larger plot of the series.

the stem cell research and the medical details really grabbed me as it really brought Scully into the limelight, back to her original medical background and working in her own way to fight for her beliefs with Mulder helping her, or challenging her every step of the way.

i have to give this movie 9 / 10, it only looses one point for dropping the sexual tension between Mulder and Scully that had been brewing for so many years, but the final conclusion to the movie was something i never saw coming and i walked out of the movie actually feeling good about the X-Files again rather than the feeling of "Did i just pay for that?" that i got from the last movie.

Seriously, go and see the movie. it's a brilliant piece of film and stands firm as an X-files movie in it's own right that could quite happily have been attached to the end of the series as a conclusion.

M
#20 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancer man was awesome

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Cancer man was awesome"

Cancer man wasn't in the movie.........

M
#22 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Cancer man was awesome"

Cancer man wasn't in the movie.........

M"
I know, I'm talking about the show
#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok lol

M

#24 Posted by G-Man (32578 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"
The X-Files 2
Ok, i've finally seen the full movie...

First things first...

SPOILERS!!!

and wow, just wow...

the new movie blows the first away by miles...

it really feels like it's back to the original series, the medical research, the psychics, the team work, the usual b!tchyness and stupidity of the FBI lol

it feels like the first 4 series again, while i came into the movie hoping for a conclusion to the 'cancerman aliens' arc that spread through the entire series of X-Files, what i found was an amazing movie that really blew me away with amazing writing and not a flashy special effect in sight.

there are more than a few twists and turns in the plot, enough to keep any X-Files fan guessing and the guest star of Billy Connoly playing a paedophile priest was just perfect casting and an amazing character that really grabbed my attention.

The one thing i really didn't see coming was the fact that Mulder and Scully are now in a relationship and apparently have been for several years... but again, it really worked in the overall storyline and actually made sense for the larger plot of the series.

the stem cell research and the medical details really grabbed me as it really brought Scully into the limelight, back to her original medical background and working in her own way to fight for her beliefs with Mulder helping her, or challenging her every step of the way.

i have to give this movie 9 / 10, it only looses one point for dropping the sexual tension between Mulder and Scully that had been brewing for so many years, but the final conclusion to the movie was something i never saw coming and i walked out of the movie actually feeling good about the X-Files again rather than the feeling of "Did i just pay for that?" that i got from the last movie.

Seriously, go and see the movie. it's a brilliant piece of film and stands firm as an X-files movie in it's own right that could quite happily have been attached to the end of the series as a conclusion.

M"
I won't read what you wrote.  I'm bummed this wasn't in the theatres that long.  By the time I tried going to see it, it was nowhere to be found.
Staff
#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

that sucks...

i just saw it on the off chance that it might be good, aside from the trailer posted here i hadn't seen anything for it lol

really loved it though :D

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.