DC/Wildstorm to produce X-files series

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

This sort of thing tends to happen at conventions - though DC/Wildstorm was apparently planning on announcing it had acquired the X-Files license today, it was prematurely leaked today.

During the X-Files panel in the IGN.com Theater, when asked if there were plans to continue the series in other media if television or film were not possible, Chris Carter mentioned that DC/Wildstorm had acquired the license. He also mentioned the company was planning on making this announcement tomorrow but sadly things said in the IGN.com Theater don't quite stay in the theater.

X-Files is the third license DC has acquired this week. Just before the convention began, the publisher issued two press releases regarding the Prototype and Gears of War properties. No creative team details about any of these projects have been released yet, but Gears and Prototype are scheduled to be released later this year.

IGN will bring you the latest details on X-Files, from the new comic book series to the new film, X-Files: I Want To Believe. We'll also bring you the latest from the New York Comic-Con, including interviews, previews and panel news.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

It's gonna suck.

#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"It's gonna suck."

why? you don't even know who is going to be the writer or the artist

#4 Posted by G-Man (35091 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'll good. The TOPPS version was a little on the weak side. I don't see why Wildstorm would handle it poorly.

Staff
#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Vance Astro says:
"It's gonna suck."
why? you don't even know who is going to be the writer or the artist"

Maybe I jumped the gun a little here but although I liked the show (except for the last season).If the stories are the same as the show I'm not going to read it.At the same time though compared to what is going on in comics right now with countdown and the skrull invasion...who is really going to take time out to not only read a comic based on a show that's been canceled for years now.

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"It wasn't canceled. They decided to end it."

either way it hasn't been new for a while.

#7 Posted by G-Man (35091 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't canceled. They decided to end it.

Staff
#8 Posted by G-Man (35091 posts) - - Show Bio

True it hasn't been on but look at Star Trek. That's still going strong. Not bad for a show that originally only lasted three years. It was close to ten years after the show that the first movie came out.

Staff
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"True it hasn't been on but look at Star Trek. That's still going strong. Not bad for a show that originally only lasted three years. It was close to ten years after the show that the first movie came out. "

Yea your right.I'm going to wait and see how the art looks.I can't read comics with crappy art.Then I give the story a whirl.It better give me the same X-files feel without that ridiculous opening and the creppy music.

#10 Posted by G-Man (35091 posts) - - Show Bio

That was my problem with the TOPPS comics. It was too hard to look at sometimes.

Staff
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"That was my problem with the TOPPS comics. It was too hard to look at sometimes."

Well c'mon G what do you expect from TOPPS.Even Marvel and DC have bad art and writing sometimes...I would expect TOPPS to have a far higher ratio.

#12 Posted by G-Man (35091 posts) - - Show Bio

They had nice painted covers. But the insides...woof.

I don't know what they're doing here (and don't want to) but look at Scully's face:

Staff
#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"They had nice painted covers. But the insides...woof. I don't know what they're doing here (and don't want to) but look at Scully's face:
" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/19000/18419/153538-mulder_400.jpg"

Not bad.LOL I think all companies do that.JSA killed me with the Alex Ross covers.I kept buying these comics to get no Alex Ross artwork but on the cover.It wasn't all bad but c'mon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.