Two new members joins X-Factor.

• 62 results
#1 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's the one we know?

#3 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin.

I hope that Mercury is the other one, but she probably isn't.

#4 Posted by eter (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that the writer wolud put one of the secondary students or mercury

#5 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigy.

(I am pleased that Elixir is joining X-Force)

Hellion & Mercury all the way to join X-Men.

#6 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"(I am pleased that Elixir is joining X-Force)"

They only said he would appear, not that he would join.

#7 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"The Enigma says:
" (I am pleased that Elixir is joining X-Force) "
They only said he would appear, not that he would join."

its better than nothing: at least he is going to be used.

#8 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoa...whoa. Wait. I heard Hellion and Mercury. Is that where they wind up? said hopefully With the X-Men?

#9 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

The new characters are lonshot and darwin.....

.... longshot wtf? why not someone formt he institute?

#10 Posted by Wisdom (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot is a cool choice. He's been around forever, and they really mistreated his character. I just hope he don't get killed off. That would suck. Plus Rictor could use one of the old school X-men around to whip him into shape.
Post Edited:2008-03-13 14:17:34

#11 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"The new characters are lonshot and darwin......... longshot wtf? why not someone formt he institute?"

Longshot? That was unexpected. But he just returned to Earth-616 to be with Dazzler..?

Oh, well. Longshot and Darwin are both very Deus Ex. But Peter David made Layla Miller work, to it will be interesting to see how this will work out.

#12 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

When was Longshot named?

#13 Posted by Wisdom (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably in the new issue.

#14 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Not unless I missed something.

#15 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I just read the new X-Factor and I gotta say, meh. I haven't been a fan of X-Factor ever since Havok and Polaris left the team. I did laugh at Rictor calling himself a wannabe (just struck me as funny)

But if Longshot is going to be a part of the team I think it may add a new dynamic.
Post Edited:2008-03-13 23:04:12

#16 Posted by Wisdom (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, Gambler. Longshot is awesome, and I wonder how Monet will take it when she becomes second best at everything.

#17 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Your reaction was like the exact opposite of mine. I really liked the issue. Like last issue, it was a little more "down" than most of the rest of the series, but I still found it entertaining. Don't think I can nail down exactly why other than I like their interactions. Even got the return of a villain I haven't seen in a while (but who they've been setting up for a few issues now). Plus, Monet actually did something! I'm glad they cut out Rahne (I never really liked her) but I hope Rictor doesn't actually leave. I'm wondering how Darwin's going to fit in, but I'm pretty sure it can be done well. I only just now heard about this Longshot thing and at first I was apprehensive (and I had the same exact thoughts as what Fesak posted) but I've got faith in Peter.

#18 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

For me anyway it started off strong. I really like the interaction between Jamie (still sporting the M tattoo which is sweet) and Strong Guy. But after that it felt like an episode of the Real World.
Post Edited:2008-03-13 23:10:32

#19 Posted by Ketch (327 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see where you'd get Real World, but that's not what I got out of it. No biggie though, different perspectives is all.

#20 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to continue to read it, I'm scared I might miss something. Plus I'm holding out for Layla (can remeber her name) to come back. Or at least be mentioned

#21 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the link. I'm glad they don't get here till issue 33. Gives us some time with the team as it is. What's that about She-Hulk though?

#23 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Thanks for the link. I'm glad they don't get here till issue 33. Gives us some time with the team as it is. What's that about She-Hulk though?"

I only know that X-Factor and She-Hulk will crossover since Peter David writes both titles.

#24 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Wolverine. Crosses fingers

#25 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I hope Wolverine. **Crosses fingers**"

For what?

#26 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope.

#27 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! He must lead the Justice League for 13 issues for me to be satisfied.

#28 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

The two new members were already revealed, besides Wolverine already appear in 7 regular titles every month, plus a crapload of guest appearances everywhere. Isn't that enough?

#29 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

And he has a clone running around.

#30 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. X-23...Not a terrific idea, frankly.

#31 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Buckshot says:
"Thanks for the link. I'm glad they don't get here till issue 33. Gives us some time with the team as it is. What's that about She-Hulk though?"

I only know that X-Factor and She-Hulk will crossover since Peter David writes both titles."

She's going to be fighting Monet. I think it'll be fun.

#32 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Monet for president.

I'm pushing Monet until more is revealed about her. Her power set is like Superman's, for whatever reason.But looks better than Supergirl, though no where near power level. Which is cool to me.

#33 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Monet's cool, but I never really liked her. I would take Chamber or Husk over her anyday, but the team needs a telepath is I guess she's good for them.

#34 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok well the team is meant to be going in a new direction starting from #33 under offer by Val Cooper (new characters and location).

I bet that X-Factor are set to bring She Hulk and her Skrull companion into ONE custody? this is what i am betting is the cross over and the secret invasion thingy and this must be where monet and she hulk fight.

#35 Posted by greekpimp (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Longshot?!?!.......I'm really dissapointed. For some reason I beleived a former student would join the team. I was hoping for a less popular one like Match or Trance, but I guess I did't get my wish. I don't know much about Longshot, he never seemed interesting to me. Though I am pretty happy Darwin is joining, and I'm excited to learn more about him.

#36 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

greekpimp says:

"Longshot?!?!.......I'm really dissapointed. For some reason I beleived a former student would join the team. I was hoping for a less popular one like Match or Trance, but I guess I did't get my wish. I don't know much about Longshot, he never seemed interesting to me. Though I am pretty happy Darwin is joining, and I'm excited to learn more about him."

Yeh Trance or Prodigy would have been a welcomed addition to the team... who cares its David he'll make it work!!

#37 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the two new choices, I was always a fan of longshot and getting to know him and Darwin would be great.

#38 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Longshot and Darwin actually been confirmed to be joining the team or will they just feature for the Secret Invasion crossover?

Peter David said in an interview (v.recent) that a member of the New X-Men will be joining X-Factor.  

#39 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Have Longshot and Darwin actually been confirmed to be joining the team or will they just feature for the Secret Invasion crossover?

Peter David said in an interview (v.recent) that a member of the New X-Men will be joining X-Factor.  

"

I wasn't completely off in my first post  then :)
#40 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Any news on which New X-Man member is joining X-Factor?

#41 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them

#42 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"None of them"

Owww...... Peter David said a new X-Man was joining though...
#43 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

probably idk who's left though

#44 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Madrpixelized said:
"probably idk who's left though"
Well before Messiah Complex the team consisted of:

• Madrox.
  • Monet.
  • Siryn.
  • Strong Guy.
  • Rictor.
  • Wolfsbane.
  • Layla Miller.

Now the team consists of:

• Madrox.
  • Monet.
  • Siryn.
  • Strong Guy.
  • Rictor.
  • Darwin.

Down one member.

#45 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

oh i meant i don't know which new x-man isn't doing anything at the moment

#46 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"oh i meant i don't know which new x-man isn't doing anything at the moment"

Oh rite.

Well most of the old team isn't really doing a lot apart from in SI X-Men and Young X-Men.....

I'm still standing by Prodigy.
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Layla Miller.

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I hate Layla Miller."
I've grown to like that weirdo

John Valentine said:
"pixelized said:
"oh i meant i don't know which new x-man isn't doing anything at the moment"

Oh rite.

Well most of the old team isn't really doing a lot apart from in SI X-Men and Young X-Men.....

I'm still standing by Prodigy."
Maybe...idk...it doesn't seem like any of them would gel/mesh with that group
#49 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Prodigy would replace that aspect that Layla brought...

... her One-Shot today was awesome....

#50 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Layla > Prodigy.

I don't like him...he knows nothing of X-factor so he wouldn't really be able to contribute anything to them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.