Follow

X-Factor

Team » X-Factor appears in 1694 issues.

Originally a team comprising the original five X-Men, X-Factor was eventually turned a government task force. Jamie Madrox later took the name to found X-Factor Investigations and ultimately sold it to Serval Industries. Now, X-Factor Investigations was reformed on Krakoa.

Review: X-Factor #205

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman

No Caption Provided
    The members of X-Factor are hounded by the MRD all over the world as Bastion observes and plots.

The Good

There were more than couple notably cool parts in this issue. Shatterstar's surprise introduction, where he calmly skewers an MRD agent, was wonderfully macabre in its black humor. The part where Banshee flings some goons at the MRD's own tranq darts, only from them to fly around them to get at her, was a great series of surprises. I also liked Rictor's ruse and "hip" reveal, even though I'm not sure if an MRD agent would be that forthcoming to some random homeless guy on the street. David's always great at mixing at character and humor, running from sly jokes like Banshee getting told to "keep her voice down" to more lewd ones like Longshot's frank explanation of what he's usually up to Dazzler. You always get the goods of a mutant book, so to speak, with a wink.

The Bad

I wasn't feeling de Landro's art throughout this. It seemed really under-detailed, such that the colorist, Jeromy Cox, had to pick up a lot of the slack by filling in backgrounds with manipulated photos or texture patterns.  I don't know if he's reliant on references, but the action scenes looked a little flat, especially when some extreme angles would make the anatomy look awkward. While the dialogue is great in general, I was drawn out in a few parts, like when Darwin was describing exactly what his powers are. I realize that new readers need to be clued in, but it came off as kind of unnatural for him to describing that to his enemies, let alone himself. Also, Madrox addressed Longshot by name enough times, it started feeling like a dialogue redundancy that an editor might have missed.

The Verdict - 3.5/5

I don't think this is an essential tie-in to Second Coming, but it's a solid issue of a X-Factor. I had some issues with the art being kind of drab, but David brings enough zest in the script to balance it out. Seeing all these mutant bumping heads, even if it isn't over the most earth-shattering matters, is still some good fun.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jordama

love it
    MissPower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MissPower

I adore this title!!!!! :D 
    It's one of the best x-titles out there , at this moment!!!

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Thunderscream

wait....did Banshee get resurrected too, or did you mean to say Siryn?

Hawkling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Hawkling
    @Thunderscream: she changed her name last issue
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid_Zombie

I haven't read this issue, But X-factor rules. What a great book.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spiderguylll

is Cyclops in this book? Cause I only read X-Men book with Slim, Cable, or Daken and X-23 in them

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Suigetsu

when is deadpool going to fiht madrox? it seems like the time and chance already passed out and the writters and editors allowed it to go. Bunch of fools, this days they have like 5 deadpool books a month in which 0 of them have character development.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.