Follow

X-Factor

Team » X-Factor appears in 1694 issues.

Originally a team comprising the original five X-Men, X-Factor was eventually turned a government task force. Jamie Madrox later took the name to found X-Factor Investigations and ultimately sold it to Serval Industries. Now, X-Factor Investigations was reformed on Krakoa.

Favourite X-Factor villain?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Since Peter David's official relaunch of X-Factor back in 2006, the team has faced a variety of colorful villains; some were established characters, while others were conceived by PAD specifically for the series. 

Over the course of nearly 70 issues, we got acquainted with characters (and, on occasion, groups) such as:

- Damian Tryp
    - X-Cell (established characters, new team)
    Clay (originally created for the Madrox mini-series that provided the setting for X-Factor)
    - Nicole
    -
    The Isolationist
    -
    Nogor
    -
    Cortex  
    -
    Mutant Response Division
    -
    Ballistique (yes, I'm cheating a little, since she hasn't fought the team yet)
    -
    Tier 
    -
    Vandella

Now the team has faced some very well known characters ( Hela, Baron Mordo, Arcade, and even Quicksilver), as well as groups like the Purifiers and Hydra --  feel free to choose any of them, but, preferably, for their involvement with X-Factor, and not due to other stories.

So, simple question: of all the villains this version of X-Factor has faced thus far, which one is your favourite?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I'm not much of an expert with the 'new' X-Factor (as new as a team can be that's been around for several yars).  But I did enjoy the encounter with Hela.  I hope to see more of an Asgardian connection as Wolfsbane comes to full-term.

If it was 'old' X-Factor, then Apocalypse, Nanny & the Orphan Maker, and the Nasty Boys are old favourites of mine.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

Tryp was cool.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jordama

Tryp was slightly confusing to me, just because it seemed like huge repricussions that were just ignored.  

I kinda wish Isolationist comes back but I'm nmot sure if that makes him my fav.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

Tie between Isolationist and Cortex. I enjoyed the Summers Rebellion story line more, but Isolationist was more interesting to me. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Rob Liefeld...? lol

Jospeh Huber hands down, my favorite new X-Villain in general short of Cassandra Nova and Children of the Vault in last ten years of X Publications. 

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    The Isolationist.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty

@SC said:

Rob Liefeld...?

So cruel! He didn't have long on the title (but it would be hard for anyone to follow the greatness of Walt Simonson & Art Adams ;)

Zaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 67

#9  Edited By Zaber

Cortex is my favorite villain. 

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Kairan1979
    @Morpheus_
    Hela.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:

@SC said:

Rob Liefeld...?

So cruel! He didn't have long on the title (but it would be hard for anyone to follow the greatness of Walt Simonson & Art Adams ;)

Oh haha. I more meant towards the current X-Factor run and his statements that if he ever got the chance, he would undo everything that has happened to Shatterstar. Plus his line about Gladiators. I am not sure if he has resolved his differences with PAD (after their online battle) and if they are on good working relationship now, but I am on Team Pad *lifts up jumper to reveal a Team PAD* T-Shirt! *grin*  

Off Topic! I am working on my contest entry right now, I hope I finish in time! *bites fingers in worry* 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty

@SC said:

@xerox-kitty said:

@SC said:

Rob Liefeld...?

Oh haha. I more meant towards the current X-Factor run and his statements that if he ever got the chance, he would undo everything that has happened to Shatterstar. Plus his line about Gladiators. I am not sure if he has resolved his differences with PAD (after their online battle) and if they are on good working relationship now, but I am on Team Pad *lifts up jumper to reveal a Team PAD* T-Shirt! *grin* Off Topic! I am working on my contest entry right now, I hope I finish in time! *bites fingers in worry*

Ah ha! I'd forgotten that! Yes, it did seem pretty childish. However, given the increased development in character, I'm sure that fans will completely ignore any "undoing" that RL might do in future... just as we have completely ignored the X-Force & Shatterstar mini series he did ;)

(Good luck!!! :)

@Zaber said:

Cortex is my favorite villain.

I'll admit I wasn't crazy about Cortex, but I'm sure we'll see more of him in future!! :)

celestial_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By celestial_man

The Isolationist
    Tryp
    Quicksilver

Iron_Lad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iron_Lad

1. Damian Tryp
    2. Quicksilver
    3. Cortex

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.