Follow

X-Factor

Team » X-Factor appears in 1693 issues.

Originally a team comprising the original five X-Men, X-Factor was eventually turned a government task force. Jamie Madrox later took the name to found X-Factor Investigations and ultimately sold it to Serval Industries. Now, X-Factor Investigations was reformed on Krakoa.

All New X-Factor

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, 1st issue is out and #2 is only days away. What does everyone think so far?

Its a radical departure from the previous X-Factor and that's a good thing in my opinion. That thing was on life support for far too long and I'm glad they pulled the plug and gave us something different.

The character interactions are good and feel natural. PAD is doing a good job with Gambit so far and I enjoy the fact that he's using him as the POV character rather than Polaris or Quick Silver.

I think the idea of a corporate team has some real potential. I just hope they don't decide to do the "evil corporation" story line again. That's been done and done badly so many times its just obvious, and boring. Don't let us down on this PAD.

I've seen a preview for #2 and while I won't spoil it, I will say that PAD is one of the few writers who understands continuity and that is a big relief. I think this is off to a really strong start and if he keeps this up, I might consider forgiving him for writing Wolfsbane as a deranged, manipulative tramp in the last book...........no, on second thought, that's never gonna happen. :-)

Seriously, I really do think its off to a great start and has the potential to be the best X-Factor book ever. What does everyone else think?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#2  Edited By Teerack

I'm a huge fan of Quicksilver and I think issue 12 was the best issue by far. It was so so so so so good! The tension with him and Alex had a great climax, and the speech stuff is stuff I have been waiting to come out since Son of M, and the last two pages made be tear up. It was great.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I really enjoyed this weeks issue as well. It was pretty hilarious when Danger was yelling at Warlock to have sex with her and that they could fit themselves with preferred genitals to do so.

I'm really love the Quicksilver stuff. If Peter David can really repair Quicksilver's family I'll be so happy. After the happy ending he gave Jamie I'm hoping Quicksilver is his next pet project. It's so appropriate he gets to write Quicksilver's redemption stuff since he was a major writer for his fall back in X-factor in 2007.

Bubba_Hyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bubba_Hyde

@teerack:

He better do it quick then, just found out this book is canned. I was REALLY hoping he'd undo some of the damage he did to Wolfsbane, but I really should know better by now. I agree with you though, issue 12 was very well written and I had high hopes after that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This book is just a solid, all around good book so of course its gonna get canned. Love the characterization of nearly every one in the series so far (up to issue 12).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.