2 issues of X-Factor in January?

#1 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

I took a look at the marvel solicitations for January, and it appears that both X-Factor 213 and 214 are releasing that month.  Does this mean the series is going to become bi-monthly or are they simply releasing 2 issues to get ready for some larger arc involving X-Factor?

#2 Posted by Chesapeake (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you for the info. Each X-factor story arc is always better.

#3 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that X-factor sells well enough for it to go bi-weekly so it's probably just getting ready for some larger arc. Either way January just became more awesome

#4 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex said:
" I don't think that X-factor sells well enough for it to go bi-weekly so it's probably just getting ready for some larger arc. Either way January just became more awesome "
Do you know that it doesn't sell well, or is that just speculation on your part?  I ask because I'm curious to see what kind of popularity the title has.  Looking at Comixology, it looks like 900 people have it on their pull list.  As a comparison, the main Avengers title has 1500 pulls.
#5 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Chesapeake said:
"   Thank you for the info. Each X-factor story arc is always better. "
apparently X-Factor is going to be dealing with some really serious issues, starting off with the second January issue.  It's about a suicide in a high school, if I remember correctly from the solicits.
#6 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:

" @Truex said:

" I don't think that X-factor sells well enough for it to go bi-weekly so it's probably just getting ready for some larger arc. Either way January just became more awesome "
Do you know that it doesn't sell well, or is that just speculation on your part?  I ask because I'm curious to see what kind of popularity the title has.  Looking at Comixology, it looks like 900 people have it on their pull list.  As a comparison, the main Avengers title has 1500 pulls. "

http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/18551.html
It's number 63. I'm not saying that it doesn't sell well, it's just that only big titles like spiderman can sell consistently multiple times every month. It's disappointing because X-factor's the only non-cosmic marvel title I buy but it doesn't sell as good as big name books written by hacks
#7 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex said:
" @N7_Normandy said:

" @Truex said:

Do you know that it doesn't sell well, or is that just speculation on your part?  I ask because I'm curious to see what kind of popularity the title has.  Looking at Comixology, it looks like 900 people have it on their pull list.  As a comparison, the main Avengers title has 1500 pulls. "

http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/18551.html It's number 63. I'm not saying that it doesn't sell well, it's just that only big titles like spiderman can sell consistently multiple times every month. It's disappointing because X-factor's the only non-cosmic marvel title I buy but it doesn't sell as good as big name books written by hacks "
maybe they need to try and integrate X-Factor into the marvel universe a bit more.  I would prefer that the title stay in its "own universe(not literally of course)," as it currently is, but they could have the team involved in some bigger events.  It seems like for mot events, X-Factor's involvement is only tie-in stuff, but not part of the main storylines.   
#8 Posted by N7_Normandy (2430 posts) - - Show Bio
@Truex said:
" @N7_Normandy said:

" @Truex said:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/markets/18551.html It's number 63. I'm not saying that it doesn't sell well, it's just that only big titles like spiderman can sell consistently multiple times every month. It's disappointing because X-factor's the only non-cosmic marvel title I buy but it doesn't sell as good as big name books written by hacks "
very interesting stats.  I'm glad to see X-23 was #24.  I'm really enjoying it and so glad she has her own ongoing.  I don't want it cancelled, so hopefully people will continue to buy it.
#9 Edited by PumpkinBomb (493 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy:
I'm enjoying X-Factor hugely as usual, but I worry that the new X-23 series isn't doing justice to the creepier side of the character.
#10 Posted by Truex (460 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:
" @Truex said:
" @N7_Normandy said:

" @Truex said:

maybe they need to try and integrate X-Factor into the marvel universe a bit more.  I would prefer that the title stay in its "own universe(not literally of course)," as it currently is, but they could have the team involved in some bigger events.  It seems like for mot events, X-Factor's involvement is only tie-in stuff, but not part of the main storylines.    "
Peter David hates writing tie-ins because editorial takes away control of the story so he purposely distances the team from the rest of the marvel universe
#11 Edited by Chesapeake (2210 posts) - - Show Bio
@N7_Normandy said:

maybe they need to try and integrate X-Factor into the marvel universe a bit more.  I would prefer that the title stay in its "own universe(not literally of course)," as it currently is, but they could have the team involved in some bigger events.  It seems like for mot events, X-Factor's involvement is only tie-in stuff, but not part of the main storylines.    "

I liked when X-factor was part of Messiah Complex. I did not understand why they did not get more involved in the Second Coming story arc.  I was waiting for X-factor to travel from NYC to San Francisco to help the guys in Utopia. The Avengers made the long trip to watch the fight from the outside looking in. In the same way,  X-factor could have cheer for X-men as well. X-factor was the only  mutant group not trapped into the direct fight. I know, they had their own issues but they were not as relevant as the fight with Bastion. The Monet story was good but that was not a direct consequence of the crossover.

The whole issue with the Summer Rebellion and Rahne came about of a spin off of Messiah Complex. So good things can happen as a consequence of a crossover.  The current X-factor is more aware of the Marvel universe around it. However, I missed the relationship they had with O*N*E and Val Cooper. I am enjoying the current state of affairs of X-factor as well. It's great to have amazing characters like  Hela, Van Doom, the Fantastic Four and Thor to come in.

Marvel has to realize that X-factor is really good product and has to help to contribute on its success. In that way, they can receive the benefits $$$.
#12 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

TWO for MARCH as well. Thats sooooo friggen sweet right?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.