edgeworth_11's X-Club #1 - We Do Science pt 1 review

• edgeworth_11 wrote this review on .

Nemesis = LOL

Read the book last night so while it is fresh in my mind, I want to do a mini review.

The Good

It's nice to see these "geeks" get some face time. Nemesis is easily more entertaining to read than any other "geek" I can think of. His dry humor and snarky comments remind me of Dr.House. And you know with him, a "LOL" moment or 2 is not far away. His reaction to the Super Hero Intellgent list made me spit my drink in laughter.

Madison Jeffries and Danger interaction often leads to some "awkward teen" moments. Jeffries is infatuated with Danger but sorry for him, it is one way traffic. Nonetheless, it is fun to watch these two conversing.

Cyclops looking for some good PR time, and claiming his team as the REAL X-men was a joy to see. Adding to that, was Logan watching on the tube, making a nice little cameo. Unlike what a certain fellow may think, this makes some sense and I can understand why Cyclops would make such efforts in pleasing the crowd.

Kavita Rao's role was to make Nemesis look like a God but she played that role well and she is drawing attractive. Hope to see more of her in the coming issues.

Seeing Atlanteans protesting the gateway to space made sense as well. It makes you wonder if Namor will have a say in this?

The ending was surprising and this issue did more than enough to get me back to reading issue 2.