Follow

X-Babies

Team » X-Babies appears in 87 issues.

Clones of the X-Men, they have the same unique powers as the other X-Men and wear little versions of the X-Men's original outfits. They are mischiefs makers created by Mojo for entertainment purposes.

X-Babies #3 Review, This Book Oozes "Sniktitude!"

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    X-Babies...what can I really say about this book.  The title alone should be enough to get you to buy the book.  Who doesn't want to see cute versions of the X-Men.  I suppose the question could be, how far can that cuteness take you?  

As I said, this book is a no-brainer.  You don't need me to tell you to buy this.  I'm going to do that anyway.  You get an awesome Skottie Young cover along with Gregg Schigiel's writing and Jacob Chabot's artwork.  Not only do we have the X-Babies and some of the old Star Comics character, you also get the super-adorable new X-Babies that the vile Mr. Veech is trying to replace our X-Babies with.

We're on the third issue and the novelty hasn't worn off.  I would have to say my biggest disappointment with this series is that it's only a four issue mini-series.  Bottom line, I want more.  If you're looking for a fun, all-ages book that actually has a cute Wolverine hacking away at other characters, you need to check this book out.  Bub-bub, indeed.
    afierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By afierce

Thanks for doing this review G-Man! I picked up and loved issue #1, but I didn't go back for #2 for some reason. I just thought it was going to fall short, but if you're confident the series is still great, then I'm with you! I will look for #2 and #3 this weekend.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Your pun there at the title of your article "Sniks".

I like that Wolverine doesn't trust the puppy. He's too cute. He's got to be up to something. lol

The artwork is quite surprising how well it's done. I would hope the writing is really good to warrant a 5 out of 5. I'm an Emma fan. If her character was involved in this. I might be more interested. Not that I'm saying there is no appeal to the series at all.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jamiracles

Foo Fighters? Green Day? Someones jones'in the late 90s :P

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By KasadyCarnage

The Disney take over continues. First Disney fail was Super Hero Squad. I cried. I cried on the inside... and a little on the out. Hahaha!
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @KasadyCarnage: Not sure what you mean.  The X-Babies were created in 1988.  Looooong before Disney ever showed interest in Marvel.  Part of this series is actually making fun of Marvel's Star Comics kid line of comics.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@G-Man:
    do you know if Marvel ever made plush X-babies? my girl friend wants a little baby Nightcrawler
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7  Edited By The Lobster
    @KasadyCarnage said:

" The Disney take over continues. First Disney fail was Super Hero Squad. I cried. I cried on the inside... and a little on the out. Hahaha! "

You honestly think Disney made them do this? Take a look at this ...

http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-sets-disney-takeover-vote-for-december-31-2009/139918/

yah...the Marvel shareholders are still deciding whither or not to actually sell to Disney.  Sorry to ruin your whole "Disney is screwing up Marvel" thing but Disney had nothing to do with this. Also like G-man said X-Babies has been around since 1998. Marvel has always been making a few comics for younger audiences but now people are noticing this and blaming it on Disney.....sheesh.....

I'm sorry for getting into a rant, but people fail to see the good in the Disney deal, Disney has already said that they are only buying Marvel to profit on something they aren't already getting a profit off of. The head honcho at Disney even stated that he has no plans on "Fixing what isn't broke" he doesn't plan on changing anything Marvel is doing. So let me put this in a simple to read sentence....

Disney won't be changing anything!
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By drawme

Ooh, they´re looking really cute. Maybe I can persuade some girls to buy it (maybe me too)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "@G-Man: do you know if Marvel ever made plush X-babies? my girl friend wants a little baby Nightcrawler "

I don't think marvel have made plushies... but if the Disney goes through then I guess that could happen in future! 

I also have a vague vague memories of Marvel printing the pattern/template of how to make your own Bamf, back when Illyana was still little & had a home made Nightcrawler dollie :)
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @KasadyCarnage said:
    "The Disney take over continues. First Disney fail was Super Hero Squad. I cried. I cried on the inside... and a little on the out. Hahaha! "

Hey. That show was in production BEFORE Disney did anything, it was based on a line of action figures, that was Marvel's thing. They were using it to bring in the kiddies. This series is also just for fun, on kin with "Marvel Apes".  

.... but if they make plushies.... I wanna Venom plushie and a Deadpool plushie... and the Deadpool plushie has real knives as swords. XDDDDDDDD and a CARNAGE plushie! O_O;; that'd be weird. If you squeeze him he says "I'LL KILL YOUR WHOLE FAMILY! HAHAHAHHAA!" XD
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Media_Master

Impressive 5 out of 5.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LP
    @The Lobster said:
    " @KasadyCarnage said:
    Sorry to ruin your whole "Disney is screwing up Marvel" thing but Disney had nothing to do with this. Also like G-man said X-Babies has been around since 1998. Marvel has always been making a few comics for younger audiences but now people are noticing this and blaming it on Disney.So let me put this in a simple to read sentence....  Disney won't be changing anything! "
    THANK YOU for clearing up some of the nonsense people have been worrying about. Everytime you see Disney on a comic website, people go into panic attacks.
    Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thanks for the review i'll have to check it out

KasadyCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KasadyCarnage
    @The Lobster said:
    "@KasadyCarnage said:

" The Disney take over continues. First Disney fail was Super Hero Squad. I cried. I cried on the inside... and a little on the out. Hahaha! "

http://www.comicvine.com/news/marvel-sets-disney-takeover-vote-for-december-31-2009/139918/

yah...the Marvel shareholders are still deciding whither or not to actually sell to Disney.  Sorry to ruin your whole "Disney is screwing up Marvel" thing but Disney had nothing to do with this. Also like G-man said X-Babies has been around since 1998. Marvel has always been making a few comics for younger audiences but now people are noticing this and blaming it on Disney.....sheesh.....  I'm sorry for getting into a rant, but people fail to see the good in the Disney deal, Disney has already said that they are only buying Marvel to profit on something they aren't already getting a profit off of. The head honcho at Disney even stated that he has no plans on "Fixing what isn't broke" he doesn't plan on changing anything Marvel is doing. So let me put this in a simple to read sentence....  Disney won't be changing anything! "

Yeah, well I ain't into the whole baby thing so there ya go. But how do ya explain the "Super Hero-squad" That is fail by Disney.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

@KasadyCarnage said:

"@The Lobster said:
    "@KasadyCarnage said:

yah...the Marvel shareholders are still deciding whither or not to actually sell to Disney.  Sorry to ruin your whole "Disney is screwing up Marvel" thing but Disney had nothing to do with this. Also like G-man said X-Babies has been around since 1998. Marvel has always been making a few comics for younger audiences but now people are noticing this and blaming it on Disney.....sheesh.....  I'm sorry for getting into a rant, but people fail to see the good in the Disney deal, Disney has already said that they are only buying Marvel to profit on something they aren't already getting a profit off of. The head honcho at Disney even stated that he has no plans on "Fixing what isn't broke" he doesn't plan on changing anything Marvel is doing. So let me put this in a simple to read sentence....  Disney won't be changing anything! "
    Yeah, well I ain't into the whole baby thing so there ya go. But how do ya explain the "Super Hero-squad" That is fail by Disney. "

Once again, it wasn't by Disney. That was completley Marvel's idea. The show was made before the deal was even announced. I think it was based off a toyline they had or something.... point is, they wanted to attract the kiddies.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Agent Buttons
    i loved this issue.....LMAO Cable.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#17  Edited By The Lobster
    @KasadyCarnage said:

" @The Lobster said:

"@KasadyCarnage said:

Yeah, well I ain't into the whole baby thing so there ya go. But how do ya explain the "Super Hero-squad" That is fail by Disney. "
    What part of " Marvel shareholders are still deciding whither or not to actually sell to Disney." did you not seem to get? Marvel hasn't sold to Disney yet, Marvel only has the option to do so. The Super Hero Squad was Marvel's idea, not Disney. 

I case you haven't noticed Marvel has always been trying to attract younger audiences, wither it's by creating X-babies, action figures for kids, or a television show to air on a kid friendly station. Which I find weird because recently Disney has been trying to attract older audiences.... don't believe me, then look at Pirates of the Carribean, The new Christmas Carol, The fact they bought Miramax and made movies like Pulp Fiction, even buying the Muppets and marketing them to older audiences by adding friendly but yet adultish humor.
    crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crazywolf

I enjoyed the original premise for the X-Babies and this mini seems like a ton of fun.

@KasadyCarnage
    said:

"The Disney take over continues. First Disney fail was Super Hero Squad. I cried. I cried on the inside... and a little on the out. Hahaha! "
    You might want to get the actual facts. The idea for the X-Babies came from a story by Art Adams in Uncanny X-Men Annual #10 published in 1986. The X-Men were regressed in age by Mojo. Later, Mojo cloned the X-Babies in Uncanny X-Men Anuual #12 published in 1988. 
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #10
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #10
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #12
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #12

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.