Follow

X-Babies

Team » X-Babies appears in 86 issues.

Clones of the X-Men, they have the same unique powers as the other X-Men and wear little versions of the X-Men's original outfits. They are mischiefs makers created by Mojo for entertainment purposes.

X-Babies #1 Early Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Guess who got an early look at X-Babies #1.  The issue is on sale Wednsday, October 7, 2009.  You may have seen the X-Babies before.  I interviewed writer Gregg Schigiel this past summer at San Diego Comic-Con.  I always enjoyed the X-Babies when they appeared.  Can this new series live up to my (and your) expectations?

There's no question about this book.  It delivers what it sets out to do.  Gregg Schigiel and Jacob Chabot succeed here.  What do you looking for when you buy a comic?  You're looking for a great story, great writing and great art.  What it comes down to, you want to be entertained.  X-Babies does all that.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I don't know if I would say that Logan and Scott are getting along. It wasn't too long ago Logan attacked him and threatened to gut him.

I agree. sometimes it's nice to just have a fun story. As an Emma fan, I would of certainly gotten this book if they added her, but I know this isn't about some sort of continuity match,

rouju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rouju

It's pop corn fun dude, just like box office movie that sucks on story and fun on the effect or just plain fun.

Nice switch from all the drama in the on going story

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Media_Master

Its nice to read a "fun" tale about the X-Babies, and not have to worry about huge events and deaths.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chaos-soul

is that the same artist from the teen titans cartoon. cuz nightcrwaler looks like beast boy. and everything feels like chibi anime(not a bad thing)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

I have to wait till I get home from work to watch this (the cunning devils in our IT department have blocked all videos so we don't waste time at work) 

@FoxxFireArt said:

"I agree. sometimes it's nice to just have a fun story. As an Emma fan, I would of certainly gotten this book if they added her, but I know this isn't about some sort of continuity match, "

Oh, it would be so much fun to see an Emma Frost X-Baby!  And you just know there is one somewhere... Remember the scene where Armor was being teased about how there would be a Baby version of her in the MojoVerse(tm)? ;) 

It's a little sad, but I really can't wait to get this tomorrow!!    
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bruce Vain

surprise you didn't give it 5 out of 5.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By damswedon

i won't lie the sceptic in me is saying, "this looks cool"
    The Kitty Pryde fan is screaming," OH MY GOD CHIBI KITTY IS SO CUTE"

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

Rogue looks like a boy, i'm happy.

Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By Timm

X-Babies is cheesy, but awesome. i'm dying for the x-men to meet them. wasnt there an english lady watching over them or did Mojo kill her last time the babies showed up (during the mojo 2 storyline)?

dammit, i miss longshot!

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mattydeNero

What about the SKOTTIE YOUNG cover?!?!?!?!?!  C'mon now.  Gotta give him props.  I love Cyke's expression.  He's so serious, yet so little, plus Wolvie's hooked him up with "rabbit ears".  It's great.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Timm said:
    "wasnt there an english lady watching over them or did Mojo kill her last time the babies showed up (during the mojo 2 storyline)?"
    Well, Ricochet Rita was Mojo's X-Babysitter for a long while, but her fate meant tht she had to be replaced eventually and Dazzler took over... ah the good ol' days.
    Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By Timm
    @xerox-kitty: 
    i remember when Rita took over... it was still while she was getting over longshot. I just knew she was going to molest the longshot x-baby. she probably did and killed it, thats why its gone. You ever notice that when the longshot baby is around, the nightcrawler baby isnt and vice versa... i wonder if they'll make them both vanish and then replace them with a Gambit baby like they tend to do in normal x-books. as if the three cant exist together somehow.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.