x-23's new look in avengers academy

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

word are at the bottom of the picture so dont forget to read those sorry couldnt find a colored version

so i just finished reading the latest avengers academy and it was an ok issue could have been better purple but the thing that got me so excited was laura's new costume imo way better than the other costumes she was wearing is suits her so well i like it alot i was also thinking she could have variant color versions of the suit like red and purple i have no problem with the the blue version but it would be cool to have variety i hope she uses this suit for now on and some idiot writer doesnt retconn it so what do you guys think of the new costume is it perfect ,awesome amazing or do you hate it which is impossible because its so epic

#1 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

Colored version:

#2 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the bra-shirt. Loveeeeeeeee the rest, though. Reminds me of her New X-Men outfit a bit.

#3 Posted by WildValentine (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks a little too similar to her Marvel vs Capcom 3 outfit. I liked her more when she had her top half covered - as she's just a teenager. She shouldn't have to become a 'fan-service'. 
 
Still love X-23, though. <3

#4 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

Colored version:

thank you

#5 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

Still don't see why she couldn't keep her X-Force uniform, but whatever.

Moderator
#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Still don't see why she couldn't keep her X-Force uniform, but whatever.

The superhero community is very strict on uniforms. You wouldn't believe the forms that Spider-Man had to fill out for Back in Black.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (30618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@JediXMan said:

Still don't see why she couldn't keep her X-Force uniform, but whatever.

The superhero community is very strict on uniforms. You wouldn't believe the forms that Spider-Man had to fill out for Back in Black.

True. He had to sign a deal with the devil.

Moderator
#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a little to risque for a sixteen year old.

#9 Posted by HolySerpent (12546 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate it

#10 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Preferred the Xforce one.

#11 Posted by snyderman567 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13158 posts) - - Show Bio

How do you retcon a suit?

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible.

#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

It's incredibly unhealthy for a girl who has unfeasibly large breasts from such a young age to run around & participate in athletic activities without proper support. She'd have panda eyes and saggy breasts around her wait by the time she's in her mid-twenties. Get that girl a sports bra!

Moderator
#15 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I hate it. The design is uninspiring, it looks impractical, and it doesn't suit her as a character at all (not to mention that she's a teenage girl, who I'd rather not see dressed in anything overly sexy). Why would you use a bra as your battle wear anyways, unless you're Emma Frost?

I really liked her X-Force costume (without the mask, though). I wish they'd kept that one. Someone rescue Laura from this awful comic!

(The pants are fine, though.)

#16 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

They couldn't give her a shirt?

#17 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty said:

It's incredibly unhealthy for a girl who has unfeasibly large breasts from such a young age to run around & participate in athletic activities without proper support. She'd have panda eyes and saggy breasts around her wait by the time she's in her mid-twenties. Get that girl a sports bra!

QFT.

I hate this outfit.

Bring back X-Force, sans mask.

Bad enough she's been relegated to being part of a "school" again.

#18 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

lol im sixteen so its fine for me to feel attraction towards this fictional character the bra doesnt bother me much

#19 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like .

Should have given her a trenchcoat and sunglasses that she never takes off .

Also would like to see her in a hellblazer/work-suit .

#20 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

How do you retcon a suit?

yeah that was stupid wording on my part i would change it too replace

#21 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

Oblivously, this outfit is a tribute to her costume in Marvel vs. Capcom.

#22 Edited by War Killer (20209 posts) - - Show Bio

I rather prefer her X-Force uniform...

X-23 #1 Dell'Otto Variant
#23 Edited by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Ugh, I hate it. The design is uninspiring, it looks impractical, and it doesn't suit her as a character at all (not to mention that she's a teenage girl, who I'd rather not see dressed in anything overly sexy). Why would you use a bra as your battle wear anyways, unless you're Emma Frost?

I really liked her X-Force costume (without the mask, though). I wish they'd kept that one. Someone rescue Laura from this awful comic!

(The pants are fine, though.)

This comic is just butchering laura so badly, she's out of character and now she's dressing like a tramp O_O I wanted to read this book just for laura but I can't stomach all these poor character changes. She is not X-23 anymore she's just a fan service. I'll just have to read her in the venom event since she wears her x-force costume there, Heck if she wore her new x-men look I'd be ok but the bra top is just so stupid and out of date.

#24 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I rather prefer her X-Force uniform...

X-23 #1 Dell'Otto Variant

the xforce costume does look better makes her look bad ass

#25 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Considering the past abuse the character has gone through, I would have expected a little more modesty

- It really does look like a glorified stripper costume

#26 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel couldn't afford a shirt again ............... typical

#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX said:

This comic is just butchering laura so badly, she's out of character and now she's dressing like a tramp O_O I wanted to read this book just for laura but I can't stomach all these poor character changes. She is not X-23 anymore she's just a fan service. I'll just have to read her in the venom event since she wears her x-force costume there, Heck if she wore her new x-men look I'd be ok but the bra top is just so stupid and out of date.

Bit of an over-reaction. She's hardly out of character; she's back to how she was before Liu took over. It's quite refreshing to see her in a non-critical position within a team.

Moderator
#28 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

I rather prefer her X-Force uniform...

X-23 #1 Dell'Otto Variant

YES :D

Moderator
#29 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... but I kind of like the bra look, maybe because of that reason alone... it's a bra, sort of. BUT, I am with the consensus in that she is most favorable in her X-Force uniform. It actually makes her appear more deviant and ferocious.

#30 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@JediXMan said:

Still don't see why she couldn't keep her X-Force uniform, but whatever.

The superhero community is very strict on uniforms. You wouldn't believe the forms that Spider-Man had to fill out for Back in Black.

True. He had to sign a deal with the devil.

LMAO.

#31 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the point of her, uh, are those still called gloves? Or are they sleeves? Whatever. What's the point of covering her arms if she's exposing her torso? Don't dress her like Emma Frost.

A classic cape would be nice...

#32 Posted by Onemoreposter (4052 posts) - - Show Bio

@rokusan23 said:

I don't see the point of her, uh, are those still called gloves? Or are they sleeves? Whatever. What's the point of covering her arms if she's exposing her torso? Don't dress her like Emma Frost.

A classic cape would be nice...

Every superheroine should be dressed like Emma Frost. I dug the MvC3 suit. They should've used that instead this one-off. X-Force costume was better than this.

At what age do you have stop finding attractive 16 year old girls attractive? Sad age to be I'd imagine

#33 Posted by ARMIV2 (8529 posts) - - Show Bio

...Doesn't look that different. Just blue in some parts.

#34 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she joining them? I really hope not. I like mostly solo X-23. I remember when she showed up in that Sabretooth-like garb. I don't really like it as much as some past outfits.

#35 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

@CurbsideProphet said:

Is she joining them? I really hope not. I like mostly solo X-23. I remember when she showed up in that Sabretooth-like garb. I don't really like it as much as some past outfits.

I think issue #26 indicates that she is going to come and go (probably to appear both in Avengers Academy and one of the X-Men titles).

#36 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

Its a little to risque for a sixteen year old.

Have you seen how some sixteen year olds dress? Compared to that she's practically wearing a habit.

#37 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Her X-Force outfit was so much better.

#38 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that the X-force outfit is way better, but I'm still fan of "not having any official outfit" idea. After she joined Xmen, she began wearing cropped top, but in Target X for example she wore more casual clothes, maybe because she didn't bother what she should wear as a hero or a fighter.

I still don't consider her as a superhero, that is why in my opinion she doesn't need any official clothes, but still that black bra thing is too sexist for someone like X23. The X force outfit is better.

#39 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Maybe I don't find girls attractive because I'm female myself. And by that, I'm a proponent against sexism... which is exuberantly portrayed by Emma Frost. But that's just me. Whatever your age is, doesn't matter.

#40 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

@jrock85 said:

Its a little to risque for a sixteen year old.

Have you seen how some sixteen year olds dress? Compared to that she's practically wearing a habit.

LOL Fair enough.

#41 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- That dirty old man Hank Pym probably told her it was the mandatory uniform..

#42 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have thought she was ape-like hairy, since she's a Wolverine clone and all. Guess this dispels the myth.

#43 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: agreed. isnt she like 15? so the staff is ok with her running around in a bra?

#44 Posted by Stammer6 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate everything from the waist down... not so much the top, but even that's not all that bad.

#45 Posted by hectorsquall (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

I would have thought she was ape-like hairy, since she's a Wolverine clone and all. Guess this dispels the myth.

#46 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

@royale_with_cheese said:

I would have thought she was ape-like hairy, since she's a Wolverine clone and all. Guess this dispels the myth.

Laura got her looks from Doctor Sarah Kinney, her surrogate mother.

#47 Posted by laflux (15972 posts) - - Show Bio

@hectorsquall: lol

Online
#48 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanna know when they're going to cut her like jaime mckelvie did...

#49 Posted by ka385385 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

That really looks like from Marvel vs Capcom 3 or new x-men ,not a big fan of new x-punk kids trough.

#50 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont' like the bra look, something with sleeves please like X-force. But from a stand-point of fighting she gets cut up and probably goes through a lot of clothes from blood stains and such. Less clothes less likely to ruin. But kids do pay to get already cut up and holey jeans nowadays, Laura just gets them done in a more violent way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.