X-23/Hellion, should they be together ???

• 65 results
#51 Posted by Mercy_ (92629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gawdzilla said:

I've always said the best characters have a balance between positive and negative character traits

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

#52 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385 said:

@k2:

I'm not talk bully in that part ,i was talk about alice's handler who killed by x-23.

Did those slodiers who killed bin Laden ,be called bad guys? No ,you people call them heroes.

So does those SWAT and Police people.

and let's not forget The Punisher ,he hate bully and maybe kill a few of them ,he is not bad guy but anti-hero.

And! How many school massacre happend becuase bully? Virginia Tech massacre ,Columbine High School massacre ,University of Iowa shooting etc.

Pride make people feel better than the other ,such as Hellion think mutant better than human ,some white men think they better than others ,and so many other racial discrimination.

Reinforcers are as disgracefull as bully ,most of people not bully ,but Reinforcers ,but they are the SAME.

And how did you think about Disabilit in mind (which mean not include hellion )? Did you think normal people better than them?

form what i see we are all the same ,everyone is equal.

Bullying and school massacres are two different things entirely. Anyone who reacts by slaughtering people obviously has something else wrong with them, beyond being picked on. The amygdala in the brain is thought to be responsible for some anger disorders (such as the case of Charles Whitman and the Texas massacre--http://brainmind.com/Case5.html).

I don't see how the Bin Laden case relates to bullies. Please don't make assumptions about my views...I am not American.

Hellion has never been shown to racially discriminate, by any means. Species discrimination wise, he has declared mutants are better than humans, yes--but he's never actually treated a human badly. His own parents are human, but that is not the reason he had problems with them--but rather the other way around.

I'm not sure why you bring up 'disabilities of the mind'. Why would you assume I have problems with disabled individuals? I myself am disabled and have a serious health condition, so no, I hardly look down on the disabled. I think it takes a lot of courage to keep going when one does not have their body or mind on their side.

Please stop making assumptions...and stop constantly trying to get people to hate on Hellion. It's fine to dislike a character but pointless to just post abusing comments over and over. Yeah, you don't like him. We get it. Solution: stop reading the comics in which he appears in.

#53 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

Bullying and school massacres are two different things entirely. Anyone who reacts by slaughtering people obviously has something else wrong with them, beyond being picked on. The amygdala in the brain is thought to be responsible for some anger disorders (such as the case of Charles Whitman and the Texas massacre--http://brainmind.com/Case5.html).

I don't see how the Bin Laden case relates to bullies. Please don't make assumptions about my views...I am not American.

Sorry ,didn't know you are not American. I wasn't connect bully and this one ,just point out that some people kill doesn't make them bad guys

Hellion has never been shown to racially discriminate, by any means. Species discrimination wise, he has declared mutants are better than humans, yes--but he's never actually treated a human badly. His own parents are human, but that is not the reason he had problems with them--but rather the other way around.

He ask Prodigy to leave x-men when he lost his power ,consider he is no longer one of them.

I'm not sure why you bring up 'disabilities of the mind'. Why would you assume I have problems with disabled individuals? I myself am disabled and have a serious health condition, so no, I hardly look down on the disabled. I think it takes a lot of courage to keep going when one does not have their body or mind on their side.

I was talk about mind disabilities ,not body.

Please stop making assumptions...and stop constantly trying to get people to hate on Hellion. It's fine to dislike a character but pointless to just post abusing comments over and over. Yeah, you don't like him. We get it. Solution: stop reading the comics in which he appears in.

I was just try to share my opinions ,if you don't want to heard you can just tell me ,it's cool ,i'm very sure you are not going to accept it and that's just fine.

Thanks to Liu ,i may not need to read his appear ever again since X-23 have nothing to do with him anymore ,all i read hellion appear is by where X-23 appear.

#54 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2:

and please ,it's not pointless ,you just don't understand.

#55 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ka385385 said:

@k2:

and please ,it's not pointless ,you just don't understand.

What don't I understand? You just keep posting abusive comments about Hellion, and that's getting pointless at this stage. Like I said, if you hate him so much, don't read things in which he appears in. If you're reading it for X-23 as you say, fine, read it for her.

There's a point at which discussion is okay. It's okay to discuss an event you disliked, or to give an opinion on a piece of writing, etc. But saying over and over again you hate the character, that isn't discussing anymore. That is where it crosses the line into character bashing.

As for the point where Julian asked Prodigy to leave the NXM after he lost his powers...that had more to do with the fact that Julian liked picking on David as a person rather than him being depowered. And THAT stems back from where the two characters first met. To be fair, Julian was picking on Kevin Ford and David didn't like this (and so snubbed him). Yes, there was a point where he was just an average bully. The point me and others have been making is that he is more than that now--that died out when things got serious. Julian became incredibly protecting of his friends. Recall that he put his life on the line to save the other NXM kids, which included David, Josh and Nori, people he had previously picked on. Someone who hasn't changed and is a bully will not risk their lives like that. The definition of a bully is a coward who picks on others to feel strong, but Julian has proven quite a few times now that he's not a coward.

Remember, I don't count some of his recent appearances. I count his run in academy x, and new x-men. I don't count anything written by Matt Fraction. I'm on the fence about Mike Carey, because I really didn't like the issue where he killed Omega Sentinel. That didn't fit at all what Julian's longer run writers (the ones I mentioned) had established for him. He's never been a killer. And then, I seriously don't like what Liu did with him, or what Aaron has been doing with him (although I love Jason Aaron's work in other respects). He's had Julian become a bully again, which again disregards all the good stuff that Kyle & Yost wrote.

My view of Julian is the guy who started out as a bully because he was really unsure of himself, but as he realized he didn't have to be a jerk, he dropped the act when things got serious. He's always there for his friends and is probably the most loyal of the X-kids (except for X-23). He's also shown that--although he used to think money and fame were important--his friends are much more so.

#56 Posted by MichonneHack27 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm I would like to say yes. But honestly I don't think so. Hellion is like most teens. He doesn't know what he wants. And Laura's still new to all this, she's getting better I admit. But I don't think Hellion's the one for her. I dunno I don't see enough of them together or feel much when they are together. I think Hellion might be her first crush but I can't see it developing. When comics develop it into something more, than it becomes like the whole Jean-Cyclops-Emma or Jean-Wolverine-Cyclops. Gets too soap operyXDD.

Besides if she ever did find the one. She might get Logan's luck with love and we all know he either breaks up with them or they get killed.

#57 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@MichonneHack27:

Indeend ,i think there will be better character in future for her.

@k2:

sorry for said it over and over again ,but you should know sometime somthing you want to stop badly ,your repeat action is uncontrolable (like i did for ghost rider for MVC3) ,i'm also mean that i have some very different experience that i know something you probably not know ,i would like to sahre them with you but i only shard those thing with the people i trust,

I know what you mean about those thing ,i was dislike Prodigy (there is another Prodigy in slingers) ,he has did the same thing as you said what hellion did ,he was a jock until he learn what is the feeling of being weak ,powerless ,because he want to be a hero so badly and that make him don't care about anything else at all.

#58 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

@ka385385 said:

@k2:

and please ,it's not pointless ,you just don't understand

My view of Julian is the guy who started out as a bully because he was really unsure of himself, but as he realized he didn't have to be a jerk, he dropped the act when things got serious. He's always there for his friends and is probably the most loyal of the X-kids (except for X-23). He's also shown that--although he used to think money and fame were important--his friends are much more so.

I personally believe that Hellion was the way he was in the beginning of Academy X due to how he was raised by his folks and his relationship with them as well as his older brother James. In the databooks it said that Julian was the black sheep of the family and he acted out to get attention from his parents because ether a) they were praising James or b) they were preoccupied with their money/social status to truly care about him. Julian IMO is very much a product of how he was raised. To me Julian got his pride from his parents, Sounds cliche but more often than not cliche is true.

#59 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Reads last few posts:

LMAO

#60 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gawdzilla said:

@k2 said:

@ka385385 said:

@k2:

and please ,it's not pointless ,you just don't understand

I personally believe that Hellion was the way he was in the beginning of Academy X due to how he was raised by his folks and his relationship with them as well as his older brother James. In the databooks it said that Julian was the black sheep of the family and he acted out to get attention from his parents because ether a) they were praising James or b) they were preoccupied with their money/social status to truly care about him. Julian IMO is very much a product of how he was raised. To me Julian got his pride from his parents, Sounds cliche but more often than not cliche is true.

^ This.

@x_29 said:

Reads last few posts:

LMAO

No one asked you.

#61 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2: Did not care :)

#62 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it quite alot and when they forced them apart it made me mad because i like x and hellion

#63 Posted by PrimordialEon (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally it seemed like the remade version of a Wolverine/Jean-Grey situation. Except this time it's opposite genders with powers similar to the two, either way I'm glad it didn't work. Both characters have good potential, a relationship would just slow them down.

#64 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@ReVamp: @The Dark Huntress:

Jufia for life ! <3

"Beautiful"

And for the Helix people, my apologies for the unfathomable hate i have towards the pairing in question, it just says forced to me no matter who's writing it.

*cough !*

I swear if she doesn't get repowered some time after AvX....-_-.

I <3 this. I really wish someone would pick this up. Maybe have him leave JGSH, have a solo, get through his depression/angst and resolve his anger issues about his dead friends, loss of his hands and X-23 and come out on the other side towards the path to redemption, on the way to being the leader he was born to be.

#65 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

No. And I'll use the same argument when ever there is some stupid debate I over here when ever Hunger Games it brought up. (Gale or Peeta. Not the battle Royale thing. One just simply better premise than the other)

X-23 doesn't need a guy. She doesn't she's trying to figure herself out, outside the shadow of the X-men and Logan. (Damn Marvel for canceling her series they didn't even give her a chance. They could have swiched the writer I like Marjorie Liu and all, but I think the last issues were stale and her going to Avengers Academy felt so forced. (I don't think X-23 as a character would have gone. Now I wonder how Black Widow would have taken a strong, no.) A fresh writer would have brought something newer to the table. (Maybe a better known one and more advertising?) Back to my point, Laura doesn't need some man (espeicialy Keller) to worry about while she's learning her own way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.