x-23

Posted by Dragoness1993 (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had a thought, if X-23 is younger that Wolverine does this mean she can heal faster than he can??

#1 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

how would that have any affect on how strong their healing factors are

#2 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7550 posts) - - Show Bio
@hydrabob said:
" how would that have any affect on how strong their healing factors are "
#3 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Daken heal faster than Logan for that exact reason?

#4 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123:  i think his healing factor is different since his doesn't affect his tattoos, but i don't think it's better
#5 Posted by SC (13341 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken and Laura heal faster because their skeletons aren't completely blinged out with Adamantium. Age might play a role with healing factors as powers, but Wolverine is probably still rather young relatively, and given that he is still alive in many futures hundreds of years from now, his healing factor is probably still at its peak efficiency. Laura also might not have had her healing factor peak yet either, so there are a lot of variables here, but I do think I remember someone one in a comic or maybe a writer confirming she had a faster healing factor.  She is less durable though, so it balances out nicely. 

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by JediXMan (31260 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken and X-23 don't have as much adamantium in their bodies (actually, doesn't Daken have the Mermassa blade coating his claws? What doe that do?). The adamantium actually hinders Wolverine, because his body is constantly trying to keep the metal from poisoning his body. Wolverine with bone claws is actually stronger than with adamantium. 

Moderator
#7 Posted by Edamame (28356 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
(actually, doesn't Daken have the Mermassa blade coating his claws? What doe that do?).
Daken's Muramasa claws were taken out recently.  
 
@hydrabob said:
" how would that have any affect on how strong their healing factors are "
Healing is generally optimal in one's youth.
#8 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio

Has that been suggested in comics before?

#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Laura has stated she heals faster than the "old man" (as she called Wolverine), but aside from some atrocious writing by Rick Remender, Daken does not heal faster than Logan.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" Laura has stated she heals faster than the "old man" (as she called Wolverine), but aside from some atrocious writing by Rick Remender, Daken does not heal faster than Logan. "
How does that work? Why would Laura heal faster than Wolvie but not Daken? I understand that Logan has the adamantium implants which have been suggested to weaken his healing factor by a small degree, which may be the reason Laura, apparently, heals faster, but why would Daken not have the same advantage, do you think?
#11 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
@Morpheus_ said:
" Laura has stated she heals faster than the "old man" (as she called Wolverine), but aside from some atrocious writing by Rick Remender, Daken does not heal faster than Logan. "
How does that work? Why would Laura heal faster than Wolvie but not Daken? I understand that Logan has the adamantium implants which have been suggested to weaken his healing factor by a small degree, which may be the reason Laura, apparently, heals faster, but why would Daken not have the same advantage, do you think?
Maybe this was from when Daken had the Mermassa blade coating his claws? Or it could just be simple genetics; Laura's healing would be essentially the same as Logan's since they have the same DNA, but Daken is Logan's son, so he might have inherited a slower healing factor than his father.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.