Posted by slvrwolfang (76 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm a huge fan of X 23 right? Am I not a special enough fan to know when the most anticipated even I've had for the past half year is happening? Her solo is supposed to debut in September.  Guess what?  It's September and there's no word as to the debut! Way to build the anticipation Marvel....I'm hanging off the cliff.  This had better be worth it.  Liu is a good writer, but sometimes things can go wrong.  I'm excited to see where the solo adventures take Laura, so is it really so hard to tell me when they'll begin?

#1 Edited by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

X-23 #1 comes out on September 15, and I guess your right since I haven't seen much news about it from Marvel, although I have seen a good bit of ads about it a few comics lately so that's at least good. And if you've read Liu's run on the current Black Widow series (#1-5, awesome story, recommended if you love her writing) then you know she can write a strong, butt-kicking female role, so I have no doubt that she'll make X-23 epic, plus I read an interview not to long ago where she talked about what she's going to be doing with the character, and from what she said it's all about 23 finding herself, which makes sense if you've seen her at the end of (Second Coming when Logan tells her to giver herself orders. NOTE: I have not read Wolverine #1 or the Road to Hell one-shot, so I have no clue on what happened there with her.) plus if it's about finding the character and who she is, that sounds perfect for new readers to jump in, which is great since many don't know about X-23.

X-23 #1 Dell'Otto Variant - In stores on September 15, 2010
#2 Posted by 604comics (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I know no history on X-23 so this new ongoing should be a perfect spot for me to hop on. Doesn't hurt that Marjorie Liu is writing it.

#3 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
@604comics said:
" I know no history on X-23 so this new ongoing should be a perfect spot for me to hop on. Doesn't hurt that Marjorie Liu is writing it. "
Agreed on both ends, it should be a great jumping on part for new readers and Liu is an excellent writer so that just makes it an even bigger plus.
#4 Posted by slvrwolfang (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: 
Thanks for the update, I knew someone would know more than me
Yeah, I know the interview you're talking about and I'm excited about here not being with a team and finding herself, there's so much potential there and I'm glad someone, particularly Liu, has noticed, I have faith in her writing, it's sometimes the editors I don't trust but I'll be so happy once I see what they've done I'm sure
#5 Posted by manofsteel42 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they have Hellion in it...just sayin 
anyways Im hella goin to buy that ina few days I know she wont dissapoint but I want the mike choi and sonia oback    to do the art work (theyre my fav)

#6 Posted by slvrwolfang (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel42: 
I adore Mike Choi and Sonia Oback, it was a dream come true when I got to meet them at C2E2
#7 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
@manofsteel42 said:
" I hope they have Hellion in it...just sayin anyways Im hella goin to buy that ina few days I know she wont dissapoint but I want the mike choi and sonia oback    to do the art work (theyre my fav) "
Liu said Hellion would appear, but she did mention that this was mainly about X finding herself, not her finding a boyfriend, but she never ruled out any possibly future storylines between the two, so that's something to keep in mind.

@slvrwolfang said:
" @War Killer:  Thanks for the update, I knew someone would know more than me Yeah, I know the interview you're talking about and I'm excited about here not being with a team and finding herself, there's so much potential there and I'm glad someone, particularly Liu, has noticed, I have faith in her writing, it's sometimes the editors I don't trust but I'll be so happy once I see what they've done I'm sure "
Welcome, glad I could be of help. And I agree, I know Wolverine is down with doing the dirty jobs like what X-Force has to deal with, so when Logan told her she was off the team, it made sense becasue he wouldn't want her to become like him...no matter how hard that might be.
#8 Posted by Jake Fury (18064 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely loved Laura during her X-Force run. I hope her new series does well.
#9 Posted by slvrwolfang (76 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: 
It's that father- figure in him to be like that.  I agree, I'm glad she's on her own and hopefully making better choices than she did when she was younger

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.