Would X-23 be more intimidating if she were taller?

#1 Posted by Hysteria (262 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a question I've been thinking about for some time. I knew she wouldn't be that tall anyway since she's a clone of Wolverine and everyone knows that he's not the tallest guy in the marvel universe (Not by a long shot). But what if X-23 was taller would she really be that much more intimdating? If she was even a couple of inches taller would people be more scared of her before she popped the claws out. Even if she were 5'6 maybe. If she was freakishly tall (So tall that she had to duck under door frames) would bad guys wet themselves and automatically run before even considering fighting her? I know X-23 herself would find advantages in being taller (Greater reach and so on). Or would being taller hamper her abilities? i don't really know, so what are your views on the matter.

#2 Posted by MyraMyraMyra (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. I think her lack of height and her petite build only make her more intimidating because her looks and deadliness starkly contrast. I think it's the same with Wolverine; being short just makes him all the more badass.

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio
@MyraMyraMyra said:

Nah. I think her lack of height and her petite build only make her more intimidating because her looks and deadliness starkly contrast. I think it's the same with Wolverine; being short just makes him all the more badass.

#4 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979 said:

@MyraMyraMyra said:

- It's much worse to the supervillain ego when a kid who might be 100 pounds soaking wet beats you like a drum

#5 Posted by Avalonia (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Exactly this.

#6 Posted by Jayso4201 (595 posts) - - Show Bio

No way, thats one of the scarier things about Wolverine anyway. He is so little, but the amount of ferocity they pack into that small frame is amazing. Same with 23.

#7 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

If anything, her small stature is an advantage because it makes her opponents underestimate her.

#8 Posted by davelecave (1113 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Very well put.

#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (16723 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

If anything, her small stature is an advantage because it makes her opponents underestimate her.

I agree.
#10 Posted by frogjitsu (478 posts) - - Show Bio

In addition to what everyone else said, she really wouldn't be a Wolverine if she were tall,

Wikipedia:

The wolverine has a reputation for ferocity and strength out of proportion to its size, with the documented ability to kill prey many times its size.

#11 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, if she was taller, stronger looking or (and not to sound sexist) a man than yea she would be. X-23 looks as intimidating as a Victoria secret model.

#12 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

She is scary because she looks like a skinny emo chick.

#13 Posted by karrob (4279 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Agreed

#14 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Her glare is intimidating enough.

#15 Posted by Telcalipoca (957 posts) - - Show Bio

she doesnt need height,muscles, creepy costume to intimidate,her work does it for her. if the heroes/x-men find it hard to live or work with a made killer how do you think the enemies feel?

#16 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

God no! I would fall in love with her as she kicks my butt!

#17 Posted by Money_is_God (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has long been not a dwarf.~~~~

#18 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

I think her height is adorable lmao :)

how tall is she exactly?

#19 Posted by Hysteria (262 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity said:

I think her height is adorable lmao :)

how tall is she exactly?

5'1

#20 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hysteria:Oh shit really? whats your source?

#21 Posted by Hysteria (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Wiki.

#22 Posted by MoonstoneEvil (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really see why she'd be more intimidating if she were taller....

She can be pretty damn intimidating as is haha.

#23 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

This.

#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

I think making anyone taller usually make them more intimidating buti think he smal stature gives her an advantage bc even against people that have heard she is dangerous but are meeting her for the first time will most likely still under estimate her

#25 Posted by War Killer (20125 posts) - - Show Bio
Nah, she's still pretty intimidating to me. :P
#26 Posted by Hysteria (262 posts) - - Show Bio

If she was 50 feet tall she would be as intimidating as hell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.