Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2382 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Will she someday find peace?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

You know inner peace, that stuff. Listening to that discussion on if Wolverine could be a dad made me wonder. Given everything Laura's been through. Could she someday find happiness for herself. I'm not asking if she'll give up fighting or there'll ever be a time when she won't have to kill. Thats like asking for World Peace, just not gonna happen. 

But do you think she could find peace with herself. A family with those that love her, (like Megan and Debbie:B as examples). And I'm pretty sure some of you said she can't have sexoO... but I don't know. No one ever made the answer clear to me. But if she could, IF, do you think she'll ever have the possibility to have a family of her own? Or has she been too damaged by her past to ever consider children?  

Hmm personally I don't know. The closest thing I've seen her bond to where those puppies and kittens, Megan showed her. And it looked cute. I'd like to see X-23 having a happy future.....SOME DAY. Not now, she's still just a kid herself. But you get my meaning. Could she have it someday? Or is it a pipedream for her?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

The honest answer is no.  Peaceful characters with happy & content lives don't make for interesting stories.  At least, not in comic books.  That's why stories are continual tragedies and emergencies. So a character like X-23 who has been raised to be a walking tragedy will never find peace since most writers don't know what to do with her other than out & out violence.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Wolverine had a pretty screwed up past, but he's managed to find peace, even though he still has issues, he's better off than he was before and has found closure in things. X-23 I think is getting there, her character has also been through crap, even worse than Wolverine looking at how she was created and raised, Wolverine was lucky to find peace with the X-Men, but even that wasn't helpful for Laura. As for her future, there's a lot to be explored with her character, messed up characters with screwed up pasts make for very great stories to write. As for the killing, she can still kill, it's just up to how she does so, is it through control and manipulation by others or by her own freewill, that will be the main question in that area.

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By fbdarkangel

I think she will find happiness, that may or may not not include peace, but it should include love and family!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SC  Moderator

Depends, peace in the static sense, or peace in the fluctuating sense. Its a bit relative, but yeah, eventually with time. That would be a cool allusion of character development. its such a potent story aspect for her to lack it right now though, and so it should be, until the creative juices run dry, and creative juices vary writer to writer and can be infinite in nature, but using Wolverine as a guide of sorts, maybe 15 to 20 years? It won't be a huge shift either, but by then, a new character or new characters might be introduced that are even more unsettled and at odds with themselves. X-23 could play the role of demonstrating that one can be at peace with themselves, even if not all the time, but enough of the time.  

Plus not to get all trippy with you, but do any characters really find peace? Or does peace find them... (ignore that last sentence LOL)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " The honest answer is no.  Peaceful characters with happy & content lives don't make for interesting stories.  At least, not in comic books.  That's why stories are continual tragedies and emergencies. So a character like X-23 who has been raised to be a walking tragedy will never find peace since most writers don't know what to do with her other than out & out violence. "
    I think this pretty much sums it up. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress: She can find little pieces of peace though,like most characters do, like she did in her story with Ghost Rider... oh thats riiight, someone is neglecting to buy Protect And Serve mini lol 

Actually thats my bad, I should have mentioned that she was in that book as well <.<
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC said:
    " @The Dark Huntress: She can find little pieces of peace though,like most characters do, like she did in her story with Ghost Rider... oh thats riiight, someone is neglecting to buy Protect And Serve mini lol  Actually thats my bad, I should have mentioned that she was in that book as well <.< "
    Yes, she can. But she'll never live an entirely peaceful life. It's not in her nature and it's not in the best interests of the writers who want to sell comics.  

And yes, I still need to buy it. :P Hopefully I'll get to the comic shop today.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @The Dark Huntress:  i think we all agree there, even the OP did, I am not entirely convinced any character will have that perfectly peaceful life, even if by their nature, but X-23 has a good chance of being a cared for and adored member of the X-Men, with friends and such, maybe after a decade or two? Baby steps. Eventually people writing her will need to find a fresh angle that shows she has developed, at least only to allow herself to be written in more stories. 

Yes, i am positive you will love both issues, One has an Emma story, and the other has a Cuckoo's and X-23 story. Many of the stories are written by Yost as well. You should get free comics today too!! Or a discount surely!
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I think she wiil.. for a while has Wolverine found peace no a lot of the Marvel characters don't find peace they are mutants which means heroes for the most they will always be in tangled situations so I think she will find peace for a little while

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Hazlenaut

I got an idea she will be babysitting skrull infants and X-babies with Squirrel girl and Nanny. After that fiasco she attacks the first person who picks a fight with her and she let out all her stress.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KingofMadCows

I don't think X-23 will find peace as much as an understanding of her own nature, her relationship with humanity, and what humanity means to her.

She will no longer be haunted by aspersions of how she isn't real or that she is just a machine, nor will she be troubled by her separation from humanity, as she will come to see that such qualities are not necessarily deficiencies. Real things are riddled with imperfection, and they strive to become that which is beyond reality. X-23 was made to be the perfection that real things aspire to be and possesses greater capacity to achieve much grander goals. If she is a machine then she is a machine that has surpassed her creators. She is stronger, faster, more agile. She has defeated her creators intellectually through greater cunning and ingenuity. Despite her limited experience, she has certainly shown to be superior in such qualities as compassion and empathy. Her distance from humanity gives her a unique perspective and opportunities to pursue the most admirable qualities of humanity without being mired in its vices.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JonSmith

I'm... I'm sorry, I... I KNOW this is important and all, I really do, I understand that, and I'm SORRY, but, when he said she couldn't have sex... All that popped into my head was "Oh yeah because her healing factor would regrow her hymen."

... I think there's something genuinely wrong with me. Aside from all the stuff I already knew about.

On topic: Your answer lies entirely in how long Marvel can keep making money off a female version of Wolverine.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15  Edited By x_29

Eventually yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.