Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2382 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Why is she missing in the all female X-men #1?

• 68 results
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#51  Edited By akbogert

@judasnixon: Hey, if it's good writing and X-23, I'm in.

That picture is all kinds of awesome. I actually just ran across New X-Men today and planned on adding it to my must-read list, and that was prior to knowing X-23 had a role in it.

Though...I wonder if perhaps she's getting a little old for teen books? Has Marvel aged her at all? Comic ages are so confusing.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By iceman228433

Dude yea I was wondering why X-23 is not in the new Female series and if some one says Avengers Arena I say who the F cares that thing is so bad, and a rip off.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By akbogert

@iceman228433: For the most part you may be preaching to the choir...but that's still the best excuse (in that it's the only reason Marvel would need).

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DarkxSeraph

@judasnixon said:

Tell You what man. If Brian Wood wants to bring back the New X-Men, and have X-23 on that run. I would be more than happy to have her there. That's where she needs to be.
    No Caption Provided

This.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#55  Edited By Teerack

X-23 is like Wolverine and has drifted into Avenger land, and I like her there a lot better.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By fodigg

I don't think she necessarily needs to be on this team, but I do love when she's teamed up with Jubilee.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Lightburst

@Teerack: I would perfer X-23 get back with the X-Men Because I hate her near the avengers mainly because I dislike a lot of the Avengers and It would make sense to keep the blood clone of Wolverine near the X-Men. we don't need another clawed hero everywhere we look.

And her with Jubliee and Psylocke would be so awesome!

Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Simpson

I'm excited for this book and I hope X-23 isn't in it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#59  Edited By Teerack

@Lightburst: For her personal character it makes a lot more sense for her to be away from the x-men. She has a lot of baggage with the x-men and her solo series was all about her moving on, so i think it would be a huge step back fro her to just rejoin the x-men.

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Her solo series was... bad. I didn't like virtually anything I read in it.

She was evolving well, and naturally there before the end of the New x-Men series. Taking her off in this direction and using her series to 'sever ties' was... just dumb, imo. And if she was getting 'away' from them, then why the Best Buds with Jubilee and mentorship of Remy? It makes no sense. (Edit: It makes sense in the term that everyone is saying how Gambit and Jubilation are Liu's pet characters--way to be, Liu. way to be.)

To be honest, she's a mutant. Clone or not. Her home is in the X-Books. Just like all the others are. They fit best there because that is where the themes that created them are. Taking her and throwing her in the avengers, imo, is just standardizing her to the rest of the MU and with fans who may not even know a single thing about her past, nor care, and with writers/editors who had nothing to do with her evolution into something good.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Lightburst

@PrinceIMC: na X-23 is same Era as Pixie she came about in 2003 Comic book and Animation.

@Simpson: WhyunolikeX-23?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By jhazzroucher

I also want X-23 on the team.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By akbogert

@DarkxSeraph said:

She was evolving well, and naturally there before the end of the New x-Men series. Taking her off in this direction and using her series to 'sever ties' was... just dumb, imo. And if she was getting 'away' from them, then why the Best Buds with Jubilee and mentorship of Remy? It makes no sense. (Edit: It makes sense in the term that everyone is saying how Gambit and Jubilation are Liu's pet characters--way to be, Liu. way to be.)

To be honest, she's a mutant. Clone or not. Her home is in the X-Books. Just like all the others are. They fit best there because that is where the themes that created them are. Taking her and throwing her in the avengers, imo, is just standardizing her to the rest of the MU and with fans who may not even know a single thing about her past, nor care, and with writers/editors who had nothing to do with her evolution into something good.

I quite agree. Based on what I've read (and I've been trying to read a lot), Liu's take on Laura was the weakest (though it had its moments, and the art was consistently pretty good) and didn't exactly make sense. I thought the final issue of that run was absolutely terrible, though maybe I'm just not high-minded or artsy enough to have appreciated it.

...fans who may not even know a single thing about her past, nor care, and with writers/editors who had nothing to do with her evolution into something good.

THIS. So much this.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#64  Edited By Mercy_

I hate Marvel sometimes :(

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DarkxSeraph

@akbogert said:

@DarkxSeraph said:

I quite agree. Based on what I've read (and I've been trying to read a lot), Liu's take on Laura was the weakest (though it had its moments, and the art was consistently pretty good) and didn't exactly make sense. I thought the final issue of that run was absolutely terrible, though maybe I'm just not high-minded or artsy enough to have appreciated it.

Not gonna lie... the Julian bit pissed me right the hell off.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By akbogert

@DarkxSeraph: I was actually referring to the wordless, one with the wolves thing, but yeah, kicking Hellion to the curb was kinda crappy too. The way it was done I almost got the sense Liu was gonna have Laura batting for the other team (though it could have simply been just what she said, that he wasn't the one for her). Regardless, it came out of nowhere. *shrug*

I was going to say we're way off-topic here, but I'm not positive there's anything left of the topic anymore as Arena is the important deal-breaker.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Pyrogram

@Mercy_ said:

I hate Marvel sometimes :(

I think we all have a reason once in a while :P

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By Blood1991

The team has an 80's feel that she would take away from. I'm for Dazzler, but X-23 needs to go do her thing somewhere else. Though killing off alot of teen character less popular is not what I would have done with her.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.