Who will She side with...

#1 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm sure many of have heard of the "Schism" story arc where Wolverine and Cyclops will be duking it out for for leadership of the X-Men. I personally think that Laura will side with Logan but what do you guys think?

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Laura will side with the same team with Hellion. Because I'm sure the writers wants another Wolverine vs. X-23 fight.

#3 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" I think Laura will side with the same team with Hellion. Because I'm sure the writers wants another Wolverine vs. X-23 fight. "
yeah but in an interview, Liu states she's not exactly Cyclop's #1 fan at the moment and that will have a huge effect on her choice!
#4 Posted by Outside_85 (8170 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on if she is getting back in time from her own thing in time to participate or not. But it's hard to tell really, probably the side where she feels more at home.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" I think Laura will side with the same team with Hellion. Because I'm sure the writers wants another Wolverine vs. X-23 fight. "
And Hellion's likely to be on Cyclops' side because?
#6 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @Kairan1979 said:
And Hellion's likely to be on Cyclops' side because? "
yeah Cyclops has made pretty bad decisions lately, not many will side with him, Pixie definitely, due to her major crush on him!
#7 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel:
it's not like Wolverine was much better. What do you think happens when Hellion figured out that it was Hellverine who stabbed him?
#8 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
" @fbdarkangel: it's not like Wolverine was much better. What do you think happens when Hellion figured out that it was Hellverine who stabbed him? "
Please, Cyclops' decision to send him on the field led to his crippling. Cyclops threatened to imprison him after he took out the rogue Omega Sentinel after he saved Hope, Scott's main priority and the person who really cost Hellion his hands. The same Cyclops disbanded the X-Men leaving Hellion alone after his injury during MC. Hellion sacrificed everything for Cyclops' X-Men and he's been left destroyed. 
Wolverine saved him from certain death at the hands of the Sapien League.
#9 Edited by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

" @Kairan1979 said:

" @fbdarkangel: it's not like Wolverine was much better. What do you think happens when Hellion figured out that it was Hellverine who stabbed him? "

Please, Cyclops' decision to send him on the field led to his crippling. Cyclops threatened to imprison him after he took out the rogue Omega Sentinel after he saved Hope, Scott's main priority and the person who really cost Hellion his hands. The same Cyclops disbanded the X-Men leaving Hellion alone after his injury during MC. Hellion sacrificed everything for Cyclops' X-Men and he's been left destroyed.  Wolverine saved him from certain death at the hands of the Sapien League.
"

Cyclops

Wolverine

Seems pretty simple to me.
#10 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops !

#11 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@LauraX23 said:
"

Cyclops !

"

good job, X!
#12 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 

O.o

:)

#13 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kairan1979 said:
That is a verry important question.
To be honest I think this match up will bring back some long lost and buried memmories.
I safely put all my money on the fact that last 6-7 years he argued with several x-men,beast,nightcrawler(r.i.p.),namor and iceman just to name few.
I think that most of his allies will be young or new mutants(if not only his girlfriend)due to his standing and figuere.
if you ask me his biggest foe will be Hope,
#14 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu pretty much said an interview that X-23 is going with Logan.

#15 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course she's siding with Logan.

#16 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure she's going to side with Logan. Cyclops been a douche lately.

#17 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine. Unless they want to be tricky and throw everyone. 

Current characterization would suggest Wolverine. Cyclops returning to a more old fashioned take on X-Values, Wolverine just being pissed off, and angry, and more hardline about not returning to the safe thinking and old ways. Even though Wolverine is older than almost all the X-Men, his attitude generally gels with most adolescents world views. X-23 will kill people who abuse children, mentally and physically. Its just too hard for her not to. The law, real life, what's fair, its insufficient. Hellion likewise is bitter and for good reason. Look at how Cyclops treated Hope, and what it cost him. He has lost friends, his hands, and all around him, he sees other characters (from his vantage) that are just given, given, and given things. The X-Men have had how many death to life resurrections and no one can build him some decent hands?!?!? He may have had a quiet respect for Cyclops actions before, but ever since their Legacy lecture encounter, I think its clear Julian is still angry at the world, and that the more mellow Cyclops becomes now, the more of a hypocrite he will appear to Julian. So Wolverine's kill those who deserve it philosophy, would probably look quite ideal for him. Thats if we ignore that that also looks ideal for Laura already anyway. Wolverine, and Hellion on the same team? I see it very likely X-23 ends up there as well... UNLESS. 

Gambit and Dust manage to steal her away for team Cyke. I think X might listen to Remy and Sooraya over Wolvie) Character balance is important though. If Cyclops has Storm on his side? Xavier as well? Wolverines X-Team is going to need some popular real world characters, at least initially. Sort of how Iron Man needed quite a few vantages against Cap with Civil War. (this applies vice versa as well, Wolverine is more popular than any other single X-Character but I am not sure they can build a story if its Cyclops, Storm, Xavier, and a lot of the Popular Student X-Men against the hairy runt. 
#18 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:
According to Remender and Aaron, Cyclops will not be returning to the old fashioned X-values and will try to continue the isolationist route. Wolverine wants to integrate the mutant community with the rest of the world and that is where the divide happens. I seriously doubt that Sooraya and Remy would side with Cyclops or want Laura to side with him, considering how he exploited her. At this point, I don't see why anyone other than Emma would want to side with Cyke because he's simply not concerned about the long term consequences of his decisions. As you and others have pointed out, several X-Men have either been killed or seriously injured in doing his bidding and have nothing to show for it, while he's being praised by Steve Rogers and awarded a presidential medal of honor.
#19 Edited by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

" @SC: According to Remender and Aaron, Cyclops will not be returning to the old fashioned X-values and will try to continue the isolationist route. Wolverine wants to integrate the mutant community with the rest of the world and that is where the divide happens. I seriously doubt that Sooraya and Remy would side with Cyclops or want Laura to side with him, considering how he exploited her. At this point, I don't see why anyone other than Emma would want to side with Cyke because he's simply not concerned about the long term consequences of his decisions. As you and others have pointed out, several X-Men have either been killed or seriously injured in doing his bidding and have nothing to show for it, while he's being praised by Steve Rogers and awarded a presidential medal of honor. "

I think if Steve Rogers found about how Cyclops used X-23 as a weapon once more, he'd probably be on Logan's side.
#20 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel:
If Steve found out about half the stuff Cyclops sanctioned, he'd probably throw him in the Raft.
#21 Posted by SC (12721 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:
" @SC: According to Remender and Aaron, Cyclops will not be returning to the old fashioned X-values and will try to continue the isolationist route. Wolverine wants to integrate the mutant community with the rest of the world and that is where the divide happens. I seriously doubt that Sooraya and Remy would side with Cyclops or want Laura to side with him, considering how he exploited her. At this point, I don't see why anyone other than Emma would want to side with Cyke because he's simply not concerned about the long term consequences of his decisions. As you and others have pointed out, several X-Men have either been killed or seriously injured in doing his bidding and have nothing to show for it, while he's being praised by Steve Rogers and awarded a presidential medal of honor. "

Oh thats interesting. I had heard some (old, old) chatter and rumors it was going to be about more of a kill, don't kill thing. Cyclops returning to a more, these times are not as dangerous, pacifist stance and Wolverine wanting to stab everything and be more aggressive. Especially with X-Force being one of the main plot points. I could see Gambit and Dust siding with Cyclops over Wolverine with that divide (well, specifically siding with Xavier, who I would presume side with Cyclops, even though its really of course, already Xavier's stance). I am not sure who would stay with Cyclops if it was isolation vs integration? It would be out of character for Emma to want that as well. By all rights and means the X-Men Civil would turn out to be Cyclops vs All Other X-Men?!?! lol Lucky Fraction isn't writing because we would then know who would win... 

I'll try and look around for the new news and interviews and all that. I am not really a fan of these two characters in these roles, but if its isolation vs integration I already know what side I am on...
#22 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:
Yeah, I think it would've been more interesting if they had Storm as the leader of the pro integration side instead of Wolverine. Unfortunately, its company policy for Cyke and Logan to have the most important roles in everything X-related.
#23 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

If Aaron makes Cyclops out to be the villain in this story (which it looks like he will), I may have to kill him.

#24 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" If Aaron makes Cyclops out to be the villain in this story (which it looks like he will), I may have to kill him. "
why it would be a perfect excuse to kill Cyclops off!
#25 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @John Valentine said:

" @Kairan1979 said:

Please, Cyclops' decision to send him on the field led to his crippling. Cyclops threatened to imprison him after he took out the rogue Omega Sentinel after he saved Hope, Scott's main priority and the person who really cost Hellion his hands. The same Cyclops disbanded the X-Men leaving Hellion alone after his injury during MC. Hellion sacrificed everything for Cyclops' X-Men and he's been left destroyed.  Wolverine saved him from certain death at the hands of the Sapien League.
"

Cyclops

Wolverine
Seems pretty simple to me. "
LOL!
#26 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't see Laura siding with Cyke over Logan. She knows Wolverine genuinely cares about her and Cyclops looks at her as a weapon. Her basic drive as a character is basically trying to find her humanity so it would be pretty out of character for her to choose to be a commodity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.