Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2382 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Who lusts after her?

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By Virago

Yeah, they would have to have the exact same DNA to be a clone, but seeing as she's a girl... i dunno, "genetic duplicate" does make more sense.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Yea...so...lusting after her is uncool....

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Erik

The genetic material was not altered. It is a perfect genetic duplicate. It is only missing the y chromosome. Nothing was altered other than removing the damaged material. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By John Valentine
    Vance Astro said:
    "Yea...so...lusting after her is uncool...."

Lusting after any ficctional character is uncool :P.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    John Valentine said:
    "Vance Astro said:

Lusting after any ficctional character is uncool :P."
    Yea..that's more or less what I meant.I can see liking a character.I like Spider-Woman but I don't actually fantasize about her.It stops with the comics.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By John Valentine
    Vance Astro said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Vance Astro said:

Lusting after any ficctional character is uncool :P."
    Yea..that's more or less what I meant.I can see liking a character.I like Spider-Woman but I don't actually fantasize about her.It stops with the comics."
    And the box of tissues.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Erik

Everyone references her eyes as proof that she is not a genetic duplicate or a clone (whatever your preferred terminology is). The eyes unfortunately do not mean very much. The Y chromosome has 58 million base pairs, which is approximately two percent of a human beings DNA. Missing two percent of DNA may not sound like much but in the genetic world, it is quite a bit. It is likely that was why they had to make multiple attempts before having a viable subject. In that missing two percent of DNA there may have been the genetic coding necessary to have blue eyes. Further more, there is no way Weapon X would have let Dr. Kinney add her own genetic material to the subject. That would have polluted the whole project. X-23 is exactly what Wolverine would have been had he been a female. That is all genetic duplicate means.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    erik said:
    "Everyone references her eyes as proof that she is not a genetic duplicate or a clone (whatever your preferred terminology is). The eyes unfortunately do not mean very much. The Y chromosome has 58 million base pairs, which is approximately two percent of a human beings DNA. Missing two percent of DNA may not sound like much but in the genetic world, it is quite a bit. It is likely that was why they had to make multiple attempts before having a viable subject. In that missing two percent of DNA there may have been the genetic coding necessary to have blue eyes. Further more, there is no way Weapon X would have let Dr. Kinney add her own genetic material to the subject. That would have polluted the whole project. X-23 is exactly what Wolverine would have been had he been a female. That is all genetic duplicate means."
    She's a she...that proves she's not a clone.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Erik
    Vance Astro said:
    "erik said:
    "Everyone references her eyes as proof that she is not a genetic duplicate or a clone (whatever your preferred terminology is). The eyes unfortunately do not mean very much. The Y chromosome has 58 million base pairs, which is approximately two percent of a human beings DNA. Missing two percent of DNA may not sound like much but in the genetic world, it is quite a bit. It is likely that was why they had to make multiple attempts before having a viable subject. In that missing two percent of DNA there may have been the genetic coding necessary to have blue eyes. Further more, there is no way Weapon X would have let Dr. Kinney add her own genetic material to the subject. That would have polluted the whole project. X-23 is exactly what Wolverine would have been had he been a female. That is all genetic duplicate means."
    She's a she...that proves she's not a clone."
    My preferred terminology is not clone. I use genetic duplicate.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By John Valentine
    erik said:
    The blue eye trait is recessive.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Erik

The blue eye trait is actually a polygenic trait. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By John Valentine
    erik said:
    "The blue eye trait is actually a polygenic trait. "

Isn't it caused by several recessive alleles?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Erik

Brown eyes are dominant over blue this is true but it is not such a black and white picture. Blue eyes are not exactly defined as recessive. That is an oversimplification. That actual means of defining blue eyes is polygenic meaning that blue eyes come into being from several genes interacting. It has to get the combination right or brown. But no, blue eyes are not a recessive trait by the definition of recessive. 

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Erik

Of course my point is that the genetic material that was needed to make the right combination for the blue eyes may have been missing and instead only had a combination for green eyes. The simple point is that X-23 is exactly what Wolverine would have been had he been missing the Y chromosome himself. They added nothing and changed nothing. They used exactly what was his only without the damaged Y chromosome.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warbandit said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "Paint said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "aztek the lost said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "warbandit said:
    "well... I think ...Laura is not a 100% clone from Logan...because she have green eyes (Wolvie have Blue) like her "Mother" ...It is like a Daughter of Sarah and Wolvie,,,

Sorry for my bad english"
    We know this."
    o_O I didn't...

why does everyone call her a clone if she's not actually a clone???"
    Because people have trouble comprehending what they read."
    Sorry for replying again, because clearly I don't know what I'm talking about, but surely she can't count as a child of Wolverine. There is no garantee that a child of a mutant will have the same powers as the parent, though obviously that does occur, e.g. Wallflower. But look at Molly Hayes from the Runaways. Her parents were telepaths and her ability is super strength. X-23 was genetically engineered from Wolverine's X chromosome, I don't understand why that doesn't still count as a a clone."
    A clone is a genetically identical organism. X-23 is not genetically identical and thus she is not a clone."

Well...She is a clone but no 100%"

Clone means you are 100 percent identical to that person. Your not a clone if your not 100 percent. And anyway, they took his DNA and implaneted it into Sarah which would make her a normal human being. Except, for the part of being born out of science than natural. She has her mother DNA and Wolverine. Which would make her their daughter. Now, X-24 to X-50 were all clones to her.
    Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
    Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

erik said:

She was Implanted into Sarah. That would make Sarah DNA also a part of her. If you implant a women in today's world without having sex, than that woman also gives that child her DNA.
    Paint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Paint
    Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
    "erik said:

She was Implanted into Sarah. That would make Sarah DNA also a part of her. If you implant a women in today's world without having sex, than that woman also gives that child her DNA."
    Not if she's a surrogate. That's when an already created embryo is implanted into the womb, if some of the surrogate's DNA became part of the embryo, there would be major court cases everywhere about who was the biological mother. X-23 was already an embryo when she was implanted into Dr Kinney. She'd have to be, or the project would have no control over the genetic traits the resulting child would have. She could have grown horns and breathed fire for all the scientists knew, if they hadn't already ensured her genetic heritage.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By John Valentine
    "erik said:

She was Implanted into Sarah. That would make Sarah DNA also a part of her. If you implant a women in today's world without having sex, than that woman also gives that child her DNA."
    Yea..... through genetic assimilation........ NOT.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Erik
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By k2
    Paint said:
    "Giuseppe Riccadonna said:
    "erik said:

Not if she's a surrogate. That's when an already created embryo is implanted into the womb, if some of the surrogate's DNA became part of the embryo, there would be major court cases everywhere about who was the biological mother. X-23 was already an embryo when she was implanted into Dr Kinney. She'd have to be, or the project would have no control over the genetic traits the resulting child would have. She could have grown horns and breathed fire for all the scientists knew, if they hadn't already ensured her genetic heritage."

Ahahaha...ha....that made me laugh...I literally pictured that...

Anyways, I wanted to point out the fact when people think 'clone of wolverine', they expect another hairy old man just like him. Right? But we must remember that a clone does not mean a clone of himself at that age!! Logan, at one point, was not a mature adult composed of 90% body hair and 10% alcohol. In the Origins series (and some other mini spinoff things I'm sure, I saw at least one AU) he is about Laura's age, and he's pretty hot!

The eyes...I've never been able to figure out that myself. BUT, a few observations: (did you really expect me to walk away and not say something? -.- )

-Surrogate mothers do not contribute DNA; they just carry an already-developing embryo (like an oven really)
    -Green eyes are supposedly a 'dominant' color. I'm not sure how dominant they are in relation to brown and blue, but I know it's dominant.
    -For those that would argue that Wolverine might have green eyes in his family: Maybe? In Origins, however, his father, mother and grandfather (I assume that's all the
     relatives; for argument's sakes, Groundskeeper Logan and his son Dog as well) all have blue eyes. I know that colors can depend on the colorist, but this fact
    remains (also I think Richard Isanove is pretty good about getting colors right ;)

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#171  Edited By SUNMAN

She is wolverine minus a Y Chromosome. Idk something just seems wrong about that

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Do not confuse biology, DNA and life-experience.
      She can have the same DNA than Logan, she's still a woman (Or rather a girl.)
      Just see a pair of twins, if they have different gender, no one will confuse one of them for another. (Do you understand me ?) 
      So, she's a girl, and beside of that a cute one. I could lust her...if she was older, and real ! So I think anyone could lust her.   
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By PYH000

The thing I like about X-23 is she looks more like a fighter than a woman who's only meant to look pretty in comics.

Thunderstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#174  Edited By Thunderstone
    the_doctor said:
    "

meh, not my type of woman

bit too young for my tastes as well

"

i think i just lost my appetite with that statement not to mention ill never be able to look at my friend X/23 the same way ever again Barf!
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SUNMAN
    The Devil Tiger said:
    "  Do not confuse biology, DNA and life-experience.  She can have the same DNA than Logan, she's still a woman (Or rather a girl.)  Just see a pair of twins, if they have different gender, no one will confuse one of them for another. (Do you understand me ?)   So, she's a girl, and beside of that a cute one. I could lust her...if she was older, and real ! So I think anyone could lust her.   "
    eeewwwww. I have friends with good looking sisters sometimes even twins, but because they look to much like my good friends I will not even touch them.

For all we know X-23 has some issues
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Erik
    LauraXx23 said:
    "If I were I man I would love as much as now X-23"
    Huh?
    X-23/Elixir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By X-23/Elixir

I know I'm a young woman as well, and I am also in the same age range, I have to say that she is beautiful. I envy her characterization and her fighting skills compared to mine.
    She is not a "clone" as you may imagine one being... her "creators" manipulated James Howletts DNA to a type of...I guess you can say sperm...to fertilize Dr. Kinneys egg so she can birth out X-23, or Laura Kinney.

Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Shaianwillems

i think She IS effin HOT!! =D

Vallary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#179  Edited By Vallary

HOT HOT HOT
    I'm in love and I'm a straight girl.

LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By LauraX23

I am obsessed with X23 :(
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#181  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I do :P

robbiesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By robbiesol
    @Apparition said:
    "

King of Kings says:

"Isnt she like 14?"

ewwwww

Gottheit says:

"I don't buy the youth arguement in this case. Let's look at the facts. She is a trained assassin, and the human mind is not naturally geared toward butchering our own kind. I dunno, most other girls her age would be too young, and I wouldn't be comfortable with a youthful character like that being written in a sexual way at all, but I just feel that if you are able to decide to *take* life, which isn't natural, then you're qualified to decide if you want to *make* life, which is what nature intended for us."

EWWWWW

"

I second the EWWWW.  

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This thread=worthless.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#184  Edited By Sparda

.....and two years later, this thread still has one of the weirdest titles that intend to be taken seriously on ComicVine.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

SPARDA!!!!!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#186  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I would lust after her, she's cute and nice (at times)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @War Killer said:
    " I would lust after her, she's cute and nice (at times) "
    You mean you would lust after her if she was real?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#188  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " I would lust after her, she's cute and nice (at times) "
    You mean you would lust after her if she was real? "
    No really lust after her, I mean if she was real, I'd like her and if given the chance maybe date her (as long as she doesn't try to cut my head off)
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Sparda
    @Vance Astro said:
    "

SPARDA!!!!!

"
    That's my name!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Sparda said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "

SPARDA!!!!!

"
    That's my name! "
    Where have Yoooooou been? 
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Sparda
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Sparda said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "

SPARDA!!!!!

"
    That's my name! "
    Where have Yoooooou been?  "
    School......it's my last year of high school and I'm surprised to find that I'm going to miss it next year. 11 years of hating school and then I come to appreciate it on the last year......it's not fair :(
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Sparda said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Sparda said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    "

SPARDA!!!!!

"
    That's my name! "
    Where have Yoooooou been?  "
    School......it's my last year of high school and I'm surprised to find that I'm going to miss it next year. 11 years of hating school and then I come to appreciate it on the last year......it's not fair :( "
    LOL.I forgot you were still in High School.
    Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Sparda
    @Vance Astro said:
    "LOL.I forgot you were still in High School. "
    Everybody did :l
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not i. i see her like a little sister. i think thats part of what makes her cool.
    i dont think alot of readers are supposed to see her as sexy, more just a young girl.
    its what makes her dangerous. hers this young girl, that is a foremost killing machine,
    ready to be underestimated and sporting one of the best disguises possible.
    not hot to me here, but defiantly she is awesome and kicks alot of arse! one
    of my favorite new comic characters ever since Target X, and solidified by
    the end of Messiah War.

Avatar image for council_the_fallen
    Council the fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would totaly go after her
    Avatar image for council_the_fallen
    Council the fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is a girl  and  the fact tht she i a clone dose not bother me at all i could name so many things i could do with her  its not funny
    LauraX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By LauraX23
    @Xeron said:
    "

I love her as a character, but don't lust after her, she's more badass than most male characters.

"

Lol
    fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By fbdarkangel

Your mom lusts after her! ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! .... yeah I'm bored!

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By mv

Lusting...over a comic book character ?....sigh

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#200  Edited By dane

this topic creeps me the hell out.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.