Who is this?

#1 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I just read X-23 issue 12.  There's a character that shows up that I'm curious about.   If you've not read issue 14 you might not want to see the image.
I'm going to put my question and the image in the spoiler alert thing.   

#2 Edited by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think that we know much about her. She might be a new character or her identity might just be currently unknown. Here's all I could find.   

#3 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm.... Intriguing...

#4 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@rokusan23 said:

Hmmm.... Intriguing...

It's funny because the almost-smirking face of your avatar makes it seem like you're being sarcastic.
#5 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: O.e Well, I really am curious by this. Haha. Coz #12 isnt sold here from where I come from so I'm really dying to know.  

Should I change my avatar? xD
#6 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor:  
What you said.  I'm under the impression that this person is either a new-ish character or someone from X-23's distant past, but either way, it's somebody that the reader isn't supposed to know just quite yet.
#7 Posted by MatKrenz (1234 posts) - - Show Bio

If we don't know who it is then it's a mystery. And we will just have to wait.
#8 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

:| Changed avatar.  

:P 

Who do you think it is?  

Alex is who?
#9 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

OP:  Issue 14 hasnt come out yet. 

The person kinda looks like Silver Sable but I think it's someone from the orginal production of X-23

#10 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@rokusan23 said:
:| Changed avatar.  
Awww. :( 

That wasn't my intent. Now I'm sad. It just made me laugh a bit because your post was kind of ambiguous and then the avatar had an ambiguous expression and it was just so perfect.
#11 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure that the mystery woman is a future version of Laura. Remember the Hunter S. Thompson quote? My thoughts are that she is either literally from the future, or another female clone of Wolverine that was made before, thus essentially an older form of X-23.

#12 Posted by saturnssailor (102 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2: What Hunter S. Thompson quote? I don't remember it. 

If she was another clone would Laura or Logan have recognized her scent?
#13 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Edited by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor said:

@k2: What Hunter S. Thompson quote? I don't remember it.  If she was another clone would Laura or Logan have recognized her scent?

Mystery woman to Laura: "Have you ever read the work of Hunter S. Thompson? 'As you were, I was. As I am, you will be.' Think about that...and we will discuss your future when we next meet." 

If we take that literally, she's a future version of Laura. She could be saying that is another facility experiment, and that Laura will turn out like her. 

The fact that the woman has very dark hair is suggestive. Also when I studied what I could see of her face, it looked like Laura's. I know, I know, could just be the artist drawing everyone looking the same. But all things considered ;o)

Re: Scent----> Realistically yes, unless she found a way to mask/modify her scent. But Liu has ignored Wolverine/X-23 attributes before to make things work in her stories. 

@jrock85 said:
@Timandm
It could be Kimura.

No, Laura would recognize Kimura immediately. It wouldn't just be a case of masking her scent...she'd have to change her voice, and her body language, her appearance...no. It might work for a future version of Laura or another clone because she will have developed more; Laura is in her teens, this version would be grown up and have slightly different scent patterns, or could be masking the smell. It might work in her case because her appearance would  be different too. 

Not saying for sure this woman is Laura from the future. Her quote is just suggestive of that...and I'm positive it's not Kimura.
#15 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@saturnssailor: @jrock85: @k2: @daak1212

I meant to put two scans in originally.  I THOUGHT I had fixed it but...  Anyway, here's the other page, which you've all likely already seen but I'll put them here anyways for anyone else that might read this...
I had thought of Kimura but like K2 said, she should be able to recognize Kimura....  However, it's the comics right?  This person could be someone from Laura's past that has been altered, or perhaps someone from her past but from a different dimension? 
My first thought was that it was Laura from the future... Does someone with a heightened sense of smell, recognize their own scent?  (I don't know)

The Hunter S. Thompson quote is:
 "As you were, I was.  As I am, you will be."

It almost sounds like something you'd expect to read on a tombstone.  "As I am, you will be..."  Makes sense, yes?   If it read, "As you are, I was.  As I am, you will be."  It would DEFINITELY sound like something you'd expect to see on a tombstone...  The dead person was once alive...  The alive person will eventually be...  

Anyway, what do you think, could this be some alternate version of Laura?

#16 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm: Ugh. Those stupid hoods xD I hate those. haha. They hide sooooo much. 
#17 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I have the feeling that the shadowed character is the girl Laura met in ms.Sinister's lair possessed by Sinister?
There must be a connection between Sinister and Colcord,I don't think they been put the characters in such a line by coincidence.

#18 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dakens son: That's not a bad thought... Hmmm.. you think Laura might have been infected with whatever Sinister infects people with that makes them become him after he dies?
#19 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@Dakens son: That's not a bad thought... Hmmm.. you think Laura might have been infected with whatever Sinister infects people with that makes them become him after he dies?
Nathaniel Essex was a great geneticist,anything's possible.Sinister would surely look for pay back and knowing what Laura or Daken can do,using both of them as guinea pigs I think it's the best form of revenge,don't you think?
#20 Posted by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Shes' the new Ms.Sinister guys. I've been reading the run from the start

#21 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dakens son said:
@Timandm said:
Nathaniel Essex was a great geneticist,anything's possible.Sinister would surely look for pay back and knowing what Laura or Daken can do,using both of them as guinea pigs I think it's the best form of revenge,don't you think?
It IS that, no doubt... but Sinister just seems to have infected/programed so many mutants to turn into him, it's...ridiculous.  It could be anyone these days...

@MuadDiab said:
Shes' the new Ms.Sinister guys. I've been reading the run from the start

"Who" is the new Ms. Sinister?  The mystery lady?  You could be  right, but why wouldn't Laura remember her scent?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.