Who is the right guy for X-23?

#51 Posted by G-w-D (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2 said:
"
Umm, I believe the first save does technically go to Hellion, because he not only flew her from Texas to NY in a short matter of time (fast enough to save her life), he also snapped Elixir, who was being lame, out of his lame-sauce trance by panicking and giving an on-the-spot motivational speech. Then he passed out, and afterwards his powers were completely f$*@&!!# the hell up. Julian would have healed her too if that was his power...Josh was just a tool for the purpose there.

(Not saying that he wanted her to die or wouldn't have healed her, but it's not right to credit the save entirely to him because he was blacked out and Hellion should get an A for effort!)"

Thats Bad logic i'm sorry, IN  a real world example of it, its like saying that a man  who has a bleed inside his head and dieing from it is saved by the Paramedic who brought him too hospital not the Doctor who worked hours in surgery to save him using his skill. The Paramedic does get props for the part he plays but it's the Doc that receives the majority of the applause.

Or another example is like giving credit to a cheerleader not the sports team

Hellion helped save Laura (His urgency to to save laura must be praised but seeing around that time Elixir was capabe of bringing back the dead eg Prodigy Lmbo) but the majority goes to the the Doctor not the paramedic, but how about we compromise and allow both Jullian and Joshcan tally it as a Save fair?  
#52 Posted by k2 (498 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-w-D said:
Thats Bad logic i'm sorry, IN  a real world example of it, its like saying that a man  who has a bleed inside his head and dieing from it is saved by the Paramedic who brought him too hospital not the Doctor who worked hours in surgery to save him using his skill. The Paramedic does get props for the part he plays but it's the Doc that receives the majority of the applause.Or another example is like giving credit to a cheerleader not the sports teamHellion helped save Laura (His urgency to to save laura must be praised but seeing around that time Elixir was capabe of bringing back the dead eg Prodigy Lmbo) but the majority goes to the the Doctor not the paramedic, but how about we compromise and allow both Jullian and Joshcan tally it as a Save fair?   "
Most paramedics don't panic about the patient, put themselves at personal risk to get them to the doctor, then have to force the doctor to work because he's refusing to respond. But yes, Josh was involved in the healing, of course. It doesn't mean he was personally focusing on 'oh my god it's Laura' at that point; it seemed to be more of a 'oh my god someone's yelling at me to heal so i'll heal it' reaction. An automatic response.

On a strictly evidence basis: I have not seen any proof that Elixir and X-23 are more than friends. The only panel that Josh seemed to focus on Laura, he called her a friend. On the other hand, I have read evidence of both Julian and Laura viewing each other in 'that special way'; new X-men #42 for the former and X-force #13 for the latter.

 Not trying to force you to believe me. I'm aware that I can't change anyone's opinion; it 's like religion, a topic I usually avoid because it just leads to arguing, haha. Oh the arguments I've seen (and avoided). All I can do is point out facts that may have been previously unknown, and state my opinion because I reaally like talking about my fave chars ;-)


#53 Posted by G-w-D (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2 said:
"
 
Most paramedics don't panic about the patient, put themselves at personal risk to get them to the doctor, then have to force the doctor to work because he's refusing to respond. But yes, Josh was involved in the healing, of course. It doesn't mean he was personally focusing on 'oh my god it's Laura' at that point; it seemed to be more of a 'oh my god someone's yelling at me to heal so i'll heal it' reaction. An automatic response.

On a strictly evidence basis: I have not seen any proof that Elixir and X-23 are more than friends. The only panel that Josh seemed to focus on Laura, he called her a friend. On the other hand, I have read evidence of both Julian and Laura viewing each other in 'that special way'; new X-men #42 for the former and X-force #13 for the latter.  Not trying to force you to believe me. I'm aware that I can't change anyone's opinion; it 's like religion, a topic I usually avoid because it just leads to arguing, haha. Oh the arguments I've seen (and avoided). All I can do is point out facts that may have been previously unknown, and state my opinion because I reaally like talking about my fave chars ;-) "

So in light of jullians' anguish and determination lets tally that particular save for both Hellion and Elixir 

On the second point you are correct at this Elixir and laura have not displayed anything that can't be explained as  common close friendship
#54 Posted by HauntedSoul (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Josh would be a better match than Hellion but I have several thoughts backing that up. However in the Leauge of Loosers she was in a relationship with her teamate named Gravity and they seemed to get along better than any of the other arcs I've seen with either guy. X-23 needs the time and the space to develop her own sense of self and grow as a person and know what it is like to be a young woman and friend more than what it is to be a weapon. When she learns that then it is possible that she would be a better person to herself and be able to have a relationship with someone.

#55 Posted by Ghost Tiger (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Me...i want a mutant baby.

#56 Posted by HauntedSoul (2 posts) - - Show Bio
Ghost Tiger said:
Me...i want a mutant baby.

Hot darlin' good luck with that.
#57 Posted by k2 (498 posts) - - Show Bio
HauntedSoul said:
Josh would be a better match than Hellion but I have several thoughts backing that up. However in the Leauge ... [more]
You'll wait a long time to read the arc where X-23 is no longer a weapon and is close to normal. Probably never, because people would get bored with her then.
#58 Edited by AgentOrange (322 posts) - - Show Bio

OK she's a fighter ex hooker genetically engineered killing machine with an uncontrollable temper triggered by a unknown smell and the smart mouth. She likes to inflict and receive pain basically confusing the two often.

I don't think Hellion or Elixir fit the bill as they have apsolutely no Idea where she is coming from what with being from normal families.
I think it's got to be some one as crazy as she is and powerful enough to survive her getting a whiff of his new after shave .
Some one she would probably take an instant dislike to because she thinks he's a threat to everything she is beginning to care about.  legion the son of Charles Xavier spent his childhood in a coma so he's emotional a very powerful child,  is really really crazy and possibly dead (Bishop killed him in the past for creating the age of apocalypse in the first place by accidentally killing his father Xavier, but hey he's a really scary telepathic he could of  just ran away out of shame and guilt and made every one think he's dead it's what a child would do) damn i should write that to

#59 Posted by Shaianwillems (28 posts) - - Show Bio

a Sex Partner for her is Psylocke!
thats a very nice Lesbian Couple. ^_^

#60 Posted by Dark King (4029 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine would be the right guy for her.

#61 Posted by Shaianwillems (28 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King:
LOL!!!!!!!!
you really love incest! xD

Dats why Wolvie didnt talk to her much.
she is sooo Hot!

he could Rape her. =P
#62 Posted by DoN`t_KrAnQ_jUsT_PsYcHoO (344 posts) - - Show Bio

captain britain

#63 Edited by Kynikos (200 posts) - - Show Bio

What if one guy isn't enough for her?

#64 Posted by kneel before doom (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Wolvie is already tapping her .

#65 Posted by danhimself (21225 posts) - - Show Bio
@kneel before doom said:
"I thought Wolvie is already tapping her . "

dude she's a clone of Wolverine and he looks at her like a daughter
#66 Posted by King Quisling (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk why but for some reason I've always thought if X-23 could develop "normal" emotions she would be a lesbian.

#67 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio
@kneel before doom said:
"I thought Wolvie is already tapping her . "

Wouldn't that kinda be ike masturbatin ? Lol.
#68 Posted by Vallary (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally Hellion or Elixir.

#69 Posted by batmanbeyond234 (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

Elixir

#70 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see her with Elixir for a while :)
#71 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2786 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I think X23 would have a better relationship with a female. She is able to... what's the word... confide more in females than in males, excluding Wolverine. She handles herself a lot more smoothly and sophisticated alongside females than she does the opposite sex, as shown in her second series, Target X. Truthfully, I'd LOVE to see her getting down and dirty with a chick (as immature and sexist as it sounds). Either Psylocke (-drools-), Sersi (Eternals), or some unknown but becoming-known female character.

#72 Posted by John Valentine (16332 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine or... Daken.

#73 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction:  
ok for argument's sake let's say Thor! But why him?
#74 Edited by JackAs (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm wondering if she should even be in a healthy relationship. The chick is more damaged the Sponge Bob. The people around her are lucky there are bad guys for her to unleash her violence on. She's crazy with plus one.

#75 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally Julian! their feelings for each other confuses them and that's what love is supposed to do!

#76 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

I just had a dream, and I naming Angel as a candidate. Him or Warpath. Maybe Deadpool!

#77 Edited by Dark King (4029 posts) - - Show Bio
she needs someone with a strong personality due to her feral nature and i only  see a few ppl fitting that rule for her and still be kind enough not to dominate her....
 
so i say again James Howlett , Aka.. Logan W. Patch better known as jose guerrero  the wolverine
 
#78 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark King said:
" she needs someone with a strong personality due to her feral nature and i only  see a few ppl fitting that rule for her and still be kind enough not to dominate her....
 
so i say again James Howlett , Aka.. Logan W. Patch better known as jose guerrero  the wolverine
  "
also known as MAJOR INCEST!
#79 Posted by Karima Woosan (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: I agree Julian keller
#80 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Karima Woosan said:
" @fbdarkangel: I agree Julian keller "
Thank you! :)
#81 Edited by Lupine (752 posts) - - Show Bio
@JackAs said:

" I'm wondering if she should even be in a healthy relationship. The chick is more damaged the Sponge Bob. The people around her are lucky there are bad guys for her to unleash her violence on. She's crazy with plus one. "

Okay... uhm how exactly is she crazy? Actually for all the crap that has happened to her I'd say she's surprisingly sane. She's missing things in the emotional development and moral logic departments, but I don't see much crazy. 
 
P.S. I go with Hellion too, simply because he's the first person that Laura has really shown romantic interest in and it would be interesting to see where their relationship goes.
#82 Posted by Drift (30 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading X-force, Elixer.  They really seemed to have a connection (especially when he, oh, you know, saved her life).  :)

#83 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lupine said:

  P.S. I go with Hellion too, simply because he's the first person that Laura has really shown romantic interest in and it would be interesting to see where their relationship goes. "
Thank you! :)
#84 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Drift said:
"After reading X-force, Elixer.  They really seemed to have a connection (especially when he, oh, you know, saved her life).  :) "
#85 Posted by MSBoyd23 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

 Shatterstar. 
Just kidding. That'd be one screwed up relationship...
I say Elixir just because I want to see how Laura, Rahne and Josh deal with that little love triangle. 

#86 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@MSBoyd23 said:
"  Shatterstar. Just kidding. That'd be one screwed up relationship...I say Elixir just because I want to see how Laura, Rahne and Josh deal with that little love triangle.  "
and Loa!
#87 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio
@MSBoyd23 said:
" Shatterstar. Just kidding. That'd be one screwed up relationship...I say Elixir just because I want to see how Laura, Rahne and Josh deal with that little love triangle.  "
#88 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4993 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine?
 
hehehehehehe

#89 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" Wolverine?  hehehehehehe "
hehehehehehe INCEST!
#90 Posted by sifsclub (464 posts) - - Show Bio
some character that i create
#91 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4993 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
" @Yung ANcient One said:
" Wolverine?  hehehehehehe "
hehehehehehe INCEST! "
HOw?... Its his clone... its like dating himself...only female version... hehehehehe
#92 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One:  
it's still nasty!
#93 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" No one... anyone in a relationship with her would end up being more Paternal than lover toward her. "
#94 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:
" @fbdarkangel said:
" @Yung ANcient One said:
" Wolverine?  hehehehehehe "
hehehehehehe INCEST! "
HOw?... Its his clone... its like dating himself...only female version... hehehehehe "

Ohh that would be Awesome!
#95 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@LauraX23 said:
" @Yung ANcient One said:
" @fbdarkangel said:
" @Yung ANcient One said:
" Wolverine?  hehehehehehe "
hehehehehehe INCEST! "
HOw?... Its his clone... its like dating himself...only female version... hehehehehe "

Ohh that would be Awesome! "
STILL NASTY!
#96 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4993 posts) - - Show Bio
What about Elixir or WarPath?
#97 Posted by LauraX23 (1615 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura and Josh!! 
Just wanna know what would Julian think.
#98 Posted by CKO (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that she has to develop and somewhat understand emotions before she could have some kind of relationship with someone.

#99 Posted by Primmaster64 (21660 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit or Nate

#100 Edited by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yung ANcient One said:

" What about Elixir or WarPath? "

I don't know but i do agree that they do seem to care about Laura a lot! just thought they'd be good candidates! Still rooting for Hellion! 
 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.