What music X23 would listen to?

#1 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I came up with this idea after seeing her positive reaction, when she dressed in gothic corset in Target X. What is your opinion? What her music tastes would be?

#2 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

orchestral or instrumental music most likely, lyrics with meaningless words wouldnt be her style

#3 Posted by Kairan1979 (15856 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic instrumental music. I don't think she likes the modern music - her ears are too sensitive.

#4 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd imagine that she'd love rock and heavy metal, because the style would closely describe what she's feeling. I know listening to angry music can help me when I'm angry :-) or writing lab reports, lol!

#5 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she'd like the band Within Temptation.

#6 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn’t be suprised If she would like metal. Maybe not super aggressive metal, but something with guitars in it. My best choice is Evanescence, kinda dark but without negative expression (usually people, who suffered traumas, don’t like aggressive-negative sounds, ‘cause it reminds them unpleasant memories). Also in that situation being familiar with gothic style fits.  

#7 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

that's her style of music
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ysd2ilcx8&feature=related

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Sanctuary from Utada?

#10 Posted by Dakens son (433 posts) - - Show Bio

NOP!!
hit me baby on more time-britney spears, because of the healing factor!

#11 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura secretly listens to Lady GaGa

she picked up this nasty habit from rooming with Pixie and Armor

#13 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla said:

Laura secretly listens to Lady GaGashe picked up this nasty habit from rooming with Pixie and Armor

"Who said that scary girls listen to scary music. Hyundai. New Thinking. New Possibilities"

Apart from that, why it wouldn't have to be true?
#14 Posted by Dragoness1993 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Evanescence because it describes what she feels and is not too loud for her sensitive hearing

#15 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by fernandezluigi (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Evanescence!

#17 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10056 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambival1 said:

I wouldn’t be suprised If she would like metal. Maybe not super aggressive metal, but something with guitars in it. My best choice is Evanescence, kinda dark but without negative expression (usually people, who suffered traumas, don’t like aggressive-negative sounds, ‘cause it reminds them unpleasant memories). Also in that situation being familiar with gothic style fits.

@DH69 said:

orchestral or instrumental music most likely, lyrics with meaningless words wouldnt be her style

Mix of those. depending on her mood. Oh, and some Nicki Minaj. Everyone loves themsome Nicki Minaj<3

#18 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalyptica seems like they would be on her ipod

#19 Posted by ka385385 (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

@fbdarkangel said:

I bet she love to watch supernatural too ,she will be very happy when she see Sam got his soul back because that was what she search for a long time.

@fernandezluigi:

#20 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by x_29 (2272 posts) - - Show Bio

Justin Bieber

#22 Posted by pspin (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-hardcore and heavy Alernative rock like Breaking Benjamin, Escape the Fate, Hail the Villain and The Devil Wears Prada. Loud and angry but melodic.

#23 Posted by Time_Phantom (522 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally have this image of her jamming to Lacuna Coil or Halestorm now.

#24 Posted by Hysteria (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon she'll listen to My Chemical Romance.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Justin Bieber

Just no.

#26 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, Utada Hikaru - Sanctuary. I listen to the instrumentals, literally, everytime I'm reading a comic. It never gets old.

#27 Posted by Hysteria (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe she'll listening to some of the entrance themes from WWE. Like Voices (Theme of Randy Orton)

#28 Posted by Yai_Inn (352 posts) - - Show Bio

Drake. She's Canadian.

#29 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Any symphonic metal. Within Temptation, Ram-Zet, Sirenia, Lacuna Coil, Delain... probably Porcelain and the Tramps, Halestorm, even Manowar, Demon Hunter... to name a few.

#30 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yai_Inn said:

Drake. She's Canadian.

Man I love Drake.H is my favourite rapper.

I am not Canadian though

#31 Posted by bsmith1190 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Madonna

#32 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

The art does not lie! Well, maybe it does, but still....

#33 Posted by DarkxSeraph (672 posts) - - Show Bio

Coldplay and Dave Matthew's Band. ... ... ... kidding. I'd say something aggressive, but melodic. Something with a beat to kick ass to.

#34 Posted by BlackWind (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

CRAAAAAAAAAWWLIN IIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 Edited by Strider92 (15272 posts) - - Show Bio

@pspin said:

Post-hardcore and heavy Alernative rock like Breaking Benjamin, Escape the Fate, Hail the Villain and The Devil Wears Prada. Loud and angry but melodic.

@Time_Phantom said:

I totally have this image of her jamming to Lacuna Coil or Halestorm now.

These seem about right. Especially Lacuna Coil. That wouldn't have jumped to mind but now you mention it that probably fits Laura pretty well.

#36 Posted by Kirateufel (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmmm Barroque-sinfonic-facemeltingmetal-gangta-christan-space-rock.
Muse - Assassin
Muse - New Born
Muse - Con Science
Muse - Showbiz
Muse - MK Ultra
Muse - Yes Please
Or maybe Chopin.

#37 Edited by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Lacuna Coil, heavy but also soft maybe paramore too

#38 Posted by mastergarrus (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I imagine X-23 would listen to a lot of Grunge. Especially Alice In Chains, Nirvana and Pearl Jam ('Alive' and 'Why Go' seem made for her)..

#39 Posted by mxl23 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she would be a fan of Florence and the Machine. Some of their songs are a bit light, but many of them, especially the second album, Ceremonials, go a bit dark as well. Its a good mix.

#40 Posted by ambival1 (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Judging by your opinions, it's safe to say that she would enjoy any kind of good, atmospheric music. Something she can identify with or even the opposite - something that would help her forget the traumatic life she left behind.

#41 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Evanescence. A lot of it.

#42 Posted by mastergarrus (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambival1: that seems accurate. Really anything with meaning, no pop rubbish like Justin Bieber

#43 Posted by Outside_85 (7119 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing I would assume, none of it would really matter to her.

#44 Edited by Mitrageist (7197 posts) - - Show Bio

Flux Pavilion

Rusko

Skrillex

Zomboy

Deadmau5

Daft Punk

Avicii

...just kidding. I actually have no idea. Maybe Linkin Park? Or that could be because I've been on a Linkin Park binge recently. Probably something darker-themed, but not too loud or intense. Evanescence up there was a good idea. The problem I see is that I don't think Laura could actually relate to bands, because none of them have been through anything compared to her. It'd likely sound something like whining. But that's just my two cents.

#45 Posted by Doomnaut (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

Heavy Metal of course.

#46 Posted by laflux (11085 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ @god_spawn

Nickleback. The Traumatic events endured by Kinney would have warped her mind to the point that such music would actually sound good >:D

#47 Posted by God_Spawn (35985 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: I used 3 Doors Down, when you're young, to make a music video to the character a few years ago. It turned out pretty well so I would imagine her connecting to it :P.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.