Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2371 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

What makes X-23 AWESOME to you?

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Just asking those who are big fans like me:)! X-23 has been a personal favorite of mine ever since I saw her on X-Men: Evolution. She has a lot of pain and confusion in her life. I admit at first glance she'd seem scary to some. But she's not really bitchy or anything. She does have a good heart deep down, she just never knew she could use it. I love how she's learning and finding out herself. She's just one of those characters who's story you wanna hear. And hope she'll someday have her happy ending. But anyway... tell me what you guys like about her:)! Even if its just her wardrobe. Lol.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_
    @MichonneHack27 Same here. Loved her since the first episode she appeared in.
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

well i like that she is..........is trying to learn who she is

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Love her, she's badass, she's cool and possess some depth of character. 

Usually, I'm not too fond of colne stuff, but this is the exception that make the rule.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_
    @The Devil Tiger said:
    "

Love her, she's badass, she's cool and possess some depth of character. 

Usually, I'm not too fond of colne stuff, but this is the exception that make the rule.

"
    Agree with this. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

thr reason i like her because she almost got every female attract to me, beautiful green eye ,black hair and those claw ,also she care about powerless group ,nice person and mystical feeling    
    MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MuadDiab

all i'll say is....... I would.

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By fbdarkangel
    @MichonneHack27: plus she kicks ass! wolverine is messy business. but Laura ..... she is like dancing!
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator

X-23 took a class in badass and graduated top of class, fo real. lol More seriously though, oh, and she is badass, that part is true, I generally like those kinds of characters, Elektra, Cassandra Cain, Rogue, and Storm, Marrow. So I would have had a natural inclination towards X-23. Another thing that drew me in, is that I like characters, that on the surface seem like cliches, derivative, carbon copies, or cheap clones of other characters, created to exploit the consumers and fans. Characters that appear like that, BUT, actually break the stereotypes, play on them, reinvent them, and create their own unique path to follow down. X-23 is a female clone of a popular male character, it creates a lot of hate for her, but if you gave her a fair chance, its easy to see how much she can offer as a character, in her own stories, and in shared stories with other Marvel characters.  

I also have an extreme fondness for X-23, because she is weird, and creepy. Well, not to me, but it seems as presented to us by the writers, and especially with her interactions with other students, plus of course I, or we, know the beginnings of her life and childhood, and so we know why her mannerisms, and emotional behaviors can come across as unorthodox and far from routine. So she has this projected vulnerable side to her. She might not realize it, but we do, and we sort of want to shield her from the world, from the people that experimented and trained her to be their killing machine, from insults from other kids her age, from their cold behavior, and also from making the same mistakes Wolverine made. So she is a vulnerable character,but... she isn't really. I mean, how she holds herself, she is quiet and introspective, and mysterious, outwardly, so how she projects herself and behaves. She's a tough kid, not making any excuses for herself, even though I might.  

So all in all, she is rather quiet, the odd one out in most situations, she is unsure and confused, but keeps it to herself, on the surface she may seem like a stereotype, but dig a little deeper, and well its to late to undo the past, but X-23 is really deadly, skilled and badass. She reminds me of the character from Unleashed, a guy treated like a dog for most of his life, and trained to kill and fight, but then tries to lead a normal life later. So I feel a bit guilty that I like seeing both him, and X-23 fight and be awesome... lol, then i remind myself she is a fictional character and I don't have to think that deeply. lol (the same way, I didn't like what X-Force stood for, and Laura's spot on that team, but it was my favorite book, and I loved her in it) 

Oh, and she doesn't care about herself, like most people care about themselves. The bit in X-Force with the Legacy Virus, and her with Elixir, and uh, back in New X-Men, with the cutting, which was sad and heartbreaking, but endearing. Mike Choi's and Sonia Oback's art also has a tendency to help most characters I think for me too.

CrueZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CrueZ

I like X-23 mainly because she appears to be a small helpless girl, but she's vicious.  She's also the opposite of Wolverine.  Where Wolverine is brutal, she's precise and graceful. My favorite scene is in "Target X" when Desmond spills the tea with the trigger scent that makes Laura go berserk.  Kinda reminds me of the "Here's Johnny!" scene in The Shining.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @CrueZ said:
    " I like X-23 mainly because she appears to be a small helpless girl, but she's vicious.  She's also the opposite of Wolverine.  Where Wolverine is brutal, she's precise and graceful. My favorite scene is in "Target X" when Desmond spills the tea with the trigger scent that makes Laura go berserk.  Kinda reminds me of the "Here's Johnny!" scene in The Shining. "

Nicely said there, reminds me one of my favorite X-23 moments and quotes. To paraphrase - "Wolverine learned the life, I was bred to it" I especially like her grace as well. In truth Wolverine use to be and can be like that. I like his Samurai angle and attitude he slips into on occasion. Laura is like the deadliest ballet dancer ever lol
    Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Precise
    @SC: Pretty much agree with everything you've written down there =)
    WeaponX23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WeaponX23
    @CrueZ said:
    " I like X-23 mainly because she appears to be a small helpless girl, but she's vicious.  She's also the opposite of Wolverine.  Where Wolverine is brutal, she's precise and graceful. My favorite scene is in "Target X" when Desmond spills the tea with the trigger scent that makes Laura go berserk.  Kinda reminds me of the "Here's Johnny!" scene in The Shining. "
    um are we reading the same books?  They are both brutal.  Killing is killing and she doesn't give a second though about ripping a man's windpipe wide open (most recent issue).  Like father like daughter wouldn't you say?.  

Anyhow, sadly, its her brutality why I like Laura.  Violence is beautiful.  Also, she is one of the few strong teenage girls in comic books.  Don't see much of that nowadays.  Teenage girls today=  too many soap operas, affair, my bf did this, mood swings...stuff I don't care about.  Laura is just different from the norm and I like that uniqueness about her.  One could say that her character is more mature and thus easier to relate too.  However, I hope they don't stretch her story out like they did with wolverine.  Then Laura will just become well, crap.
    Shaianwillems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shaianwillems

her Style and her way of talking. 
    and i like her awesome outits. :D

CrueZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CrueZ
    @WeaponX23:   Yeah we're reading the same book, I suppose brutal was a poor choice of words on my part.   What I'm saying is where Wolverine is a berserker type, Laura is fluid and efficient.  Laura is basically Wolverine in female form, but Wolverine wasn't born a killer, that's all that Laura knows how to do.  I think that Laura trying to have a life of her own and not as someones little killer also makes her a great character.  Just for the record, I'm a big fan of Wolverine too, this forum just happens to be about X-23.  Also Laura is not really that different, nor unique.   There's plenty of "teenagers trying to find their place in the world" stories.  Laura just happens to be a killing machine too.  Even that one's been done a few times before. :-)
    ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ms__omega

Her Attitude

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Precise said:
    " @SC: Pretty much agree with everything you've written down there =) "

Thank you good sir. Its awesome just being around other people that like X-23 as much as we do right? ^_^
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @WeaponX23 said:
    " @CrueZ said:
    um are we reading the same books?  They are both brutal.  Killing is killing and she doesn't give a second though about ripping a man's windpipe wide open (most recent issue).  Like father like daughter wouldn't you say?.    Anyhow, sadly, its her brutality why I like Laura.  Violence is beautiful.  Also, she is one of the few strong teenage girls in comic books.  Don't see much of that nowadays.  Teenage girls today=  too many soap operas, affair, my bf did this, mood swings...stuff I don't care about.  Laura is just different from the norm and I like that uniqueness about her.  One could say that her character is more mature and thus easier to relate too.  However, I hope they don't stretch her story out like they did with wolverine.  Then Laura will just become well, crap. "

It wasn't my quote, but I wanted to jump on this too! Killing is killing and its brutal. However there can be differences between execution. Laura is like a surgeon with a scalpel, very light and swift, and Precise. Wolverine is a bit more like a butcher with a rusty machete. Their lack of discomfort when it comes to killing and extreme violence, I think, is what you convey here as where the two are similar. So in a very real sense, Laura is brutal, and thats likable about her. I disagree that violence is beautiful, but forget that, I agree with the rest too lol (plus it might be a definition thing)
    CrueZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CrueZ

I like that surgeon and butcher metaphor,  that's how I was trying to compare the Laura and Logan.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @CrueZ:  Yeah, thats how I read you as implying it. Its all cool, you can be brutal by effect, and Laura is brutal by effect, by by intent? Maybe not so much, Wolverine is though, especially when he is all drunken bad mood ye old timer. I would love to see him in a story with X-23, where he is more zen lol 

Oh, i'd be remiss, if I didn't mention X-23's awesome fashion and dress sense, her gloves in Serve and Protect #2? Were so badass. She is so chic goth. Basic, sorta, very nicely matched all in all. Nice selection of colors and fabrics. 
    Avatar image for evanescencefan91
    evanescencefan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By evanescencefan91

her dark history, backstory 

and her emotional agnst,  I just love that stuff 

I love her awkward personality, 

Like she could kick pretty much anyone's ass, but she doesn't walk around with the tough arrogant that most people with such badassery skills do.  

She's badass 
      @SC   Oh, i'd be remiss, if I didn't mention X-23's awesome fashion and dress sense, her gloves in Serve and Protect #2? Were so badass. She is so chic goth. Basic, sorta, very nicely matched all in all. Nice selection of colors and fabrics. 
    ya and that too I've always loved goth chicks

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @evanescencefan91:  Agreed! So many of her earlier covers, by Mike Choi and Sonia Oback, so so cool and stylish. Goth girls as an awesome combination of cute and badass and intelligent.  

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Shes just amazing 

HumanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HumanX

She's hot teenage Wolverine with boobs. If there is a reason not to like her I don't want to know what it is.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By FourthDeity

It would be easier to tell you why she ISN'T awesome...

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nickzambuto

Her boobs.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By OldManJoe

I like the fact that she's a calm, level headed person who thinks through her problems and comes up with the most effective plans to deal with her enemies. In fact, I think she has the some of the best qualities of both Wolverine and Cyclops. She would make a great leader if ever given the opportunity.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By KainScion

femmale wolverine. nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.