what is her relationship to daken

• 107 results
#1 Posted by buddyblackhawk (76 posts) - - Show Bio

since x-23 is a clone of wolverine and daken is wolverines son what does that make laura i think shes his mom sorta of

#2 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

Step clone-in law?

#3 Posted by danhimself (22295 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say more like an aunt

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

Estranged sister.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" Estranged sister. "
#6 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to go with either aunt or sister.  Aunt more because she is a clone thus implying same genetic code as wolverine making her more a sibling than a daughter, but she is younger than Wolverine by how many years....or decades.  Either way I would say X-23 and Daken have more a sibling rivalry and Wolverine/X-23 a more father daughter relationship.  Of course I have not been able to read the most recent X-force comics so I don't know how that story is going for them.

#7 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they ever met?

#8 Posted by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: Yes, they even fought and he had no chance.
#9 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't count that, really, other than the fact that Laura knows he exists. It was a lame fight. Wasn't even just X-23 on Daken...they had Pixie and another girl in it, and Pixie started talking about 'girl power!'. Pfft, X-23 could take him down alone...I wanted to see a *real* combat situation between them, but...hey don't get everything you want in life! -.-

#10 Posted by NorajDawn (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine:
that definately would best describe it. 
#11 Posted by lakilakester (72 posts) - - Show Bio

it would make them brother and sister i think
#12 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

well she is a clone of Wolverine (father to Daken) so that would make her a cloned Mother with genetic data of the father's side. 

Trying to make sense of this level of comic book logic is really a waste of time.

#13 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

aunt since shes gentical simular to dakens father but has a mother unrealed to daken so step sister etc doesnt really work.She's technically a clone and therefore not wolverines daughter so aunt works out best really even thou shes younger than daken

#14 Posted by lakilakester (72 posts) - - Show Bio

this is so confusing O_o
#15 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

Relationship with Wolverine and Age: She would be more of his half sister who is better liked 
Genetics: She would be more of his aunt, an aunt that was a fraternal twin to Wolverine.

#16 Posted by Handcannon (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible lover in the future, incest like Quicksilver and Scarlet witch in earth 1610 would be cool

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
Relationship with Wolverine and Age: She would be more of his half sister who is better liked Genetics: She would be more of his aunt, an aunt that was a fraternal twin to Wolverine.
I would agree with that. 

@Handcannon said:
incest  would be cool "

No.... it wouldn't. 

#18 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
@Handcannon said:
"Possible lover in the future, incest like Quicksilver and Scarlet witch in earth 1610 would be cool "

That would be cooool ! 
#19 Posted by Handcannon (544 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: It would, because no one so far has made it cool yet 

@LauraX23 said:
" @Handcannon said:
"Possible lover in the future, incest like Quicksilver and Scarlet witch in earth 1610 would be cool "

That would be cooool ! 
"
Yeah , totally
#20 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Handcannon said:
" @John Valentine: It would, because no one so far has made it cool yet 

@LauraX23 said:
" @Handcannon said:

That would be cooool ! 
"
Yeah , totally "
An incestuous relationship would be cool? No, it really wouldn't.
#21 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

She would be his mom. She's a clone of his father so she's practically his mother, in a sense. 

#22 Posted by Handcannon (544 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling:  she's a MILF? 

@John Valentine said:
" @Handcannon said:

@LauraX23 said:
" @Handcannon said:

That would be cooool ! 
"
Yeah , totally "
An incestuous relationship would be cool? No, it really wouldn't. "
Have you read the ultimates man? its hot
#23 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Handcannon said:
" @King Quisling:  she's a MILF? 

@John Valentine said:
" @Handcannon said:

@LauraX23 said:
" @Handcannon said:

That would be cooool ! 
"
Yeah , totally "
Have you read the ultimates man? its hot "

Funny joke.
#24 Posted by leigh_rogue888 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

No way could you classify her as his mother, she is a female copy of wolverine, to be Daken's mom that would imply that there would be an intimate relationship with Wolverine.  I don't know about some of you but that is wrong and saying Laura is a future lover of Daken is incest and that's gross no matter how you want to say they are related. There are just some lines that shouldn't be crossed and explored. The Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch thing is weird as is, we don't need more.

#25 Posted by info nation (868 posts) - - Show Bio
@leigh_rogue888: True, I'm just going to settle for saying she's "family", and leaving it at THAT.
#26 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1525 posts) - - Show Bio
@leigh_rogue888 said:

" No way could you classify her as his mother, she is a female copy of wolverine, to be Daken's mom that would imply that there would be an intimate relationship with Wolverine.  I don't know about some of you but that is wrong and saying Laura is a future lover of Daken is incest and that's gross no matter how you want to say they are related. There are just some lines that shouldn't be crossed and explored. The Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch thing is weird as is, we don't need more. "

They mean mother as in female parent. Not birth parent. X-23 is a clone of Wolverine, therefore she is Daken's father. Since fathers are male, & 23 is a female, X-23 is Daken's fa/mother. Or mo/father if you perfer.
#27 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
@COBRAMORPH said:
"They mean mother as in female parent. Not birth parent. X-23 is a clone of Wolverine, therefore she is Daken's father. Since fathers are male, & 23 is a female, X-23 is Daken's fa/mother. Or mo/father if you perfer. "

LOL
#28 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vallary said:
" @cracks: Yes, they even fought and he had no chance. "
lies. two panels and her with an entire team of X-Men, Wolverine included  against Daken and Dark Beast 
(because he's a great h2h and everything) is not a fight.
#29 Posted by Vallary (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: Yeah, I have no other things to do, so I just make stuff up so you can prove me wrong- 
Final battle, Utopia, he called her an attack dog, they fought, then Pixie and Armor went into a fight for some reason, like they could do anything, but he was already losing. Dark Beast wasn't even there. Fraction couldn't write a good story for his life, so it was a dull fight as always, with no ending and no sense. So far, she has beaten everyone she had a real fight with. let's not forget - when she attacked Wolverine, he got angry after some time and tried to defend himself, but he couldn't. She really could kill him. Daken couldn't. I like Daken a lot, but it doesn't mean he's so good he can win a good fight with X-23.
X-23 wants you dead - you are dead. That's a fact. There is only one person in the world who is an exception - Kimura (unbreakeble skin, you know). No one else is alive.
#30 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother and sister. Sibling rivalry is always the best!

#31 Posted by Marvel 13 (1 posts) - - Show Bio
@leigh_rogue888:
Actually X-23 is only tecnicaly half clone to Wolverine, because she had a biologicle mother who worked for the people who that experiment with weapon x. Her name was proffesor Sarah Kenny. They tried to clone Weapon X eggsactly but never got it, Sarah asked to make a female clone they said no, then she later on insisted to make female then they said OK but as punishment for her "insistance" she would have to carry it and about 9 months later gave birth to her and even decided to name her. So tecnicaly X-23 is James,s (Wolverines real name) duaghter making Akihiro (Dakens real name) and Laura (X-23s real name) half siblings.
#32 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarah Kinney was not Laura Kinney's biological mother (as has been well covered). Laura was already a zygote (fertilized egg) when she was implanted into her mother's womb. The zygote was a clone of Wolverine; they used his X genes (which is the female gene) for the cloning, therefore Sarah's DNA was never involved. Remember that 'cloning' means to remove the DNA part of a nucleus inside an egg cell to insert desired DNA in its place. That means there was no foreign DNA involved in the creation of Laura, except for whatever alterations Sarah Kinney may have done to repair the damage to the sample of Wolverine's DNA that she was using.

Laura is technically Daken's parent as she is a clone of Wolverine (without the Y male gene) although I would consider her as an aunt, seeing as Wolverine considers X-23 to be his sister.

#33 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2:  
I don't think it's a matter of science. I think it's more of the emotional side. In Daken's case, she just probably sees as an enemy. however with Logan, he's the father she's never had.
#34 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2: thats 100% correct.

@fbdarkangel:
the OP was asking the question in the biological sense. in the biological sense X-23 is Dakens dad.
#35 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  
which is weird because he's older than her.
#36 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
i dont see why but okay. his age is irrelevant physically to the fact that shes a clone of him.

relationship wise is a whole different subject. agree that she see's Daken as an opponent, 
if she really see's him as anything at all. Daken doesnt seem to notice her existence either
(and neither does Romulus which i think is very odd considering his goals). I cant agree
about Logan as her father though. I dont think he's ever been like one. He treats her in about the
same way he treated Jubille, Kitty, ect. He's more of a big brother and uncle. kind of an ornery
one, but he always was. he displays more of an actual father relationship towards Daken.
#37 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  
I think after "Not Forgotten" he'll become more of a father.
#38 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
cant say i saw a change in the relationship dynamic. he wasnt really even the one that saved her.
he cares about her sure, alot, but he's the same way with any X-Man. he's always
one of the first hands up to do whats right for them.
#39 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATMANEXE:
In X-force, He told Domino that once he rescued Laura would do better to help her!

#40 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
just saying something doesnt really mean alot, its doing it.
he's just saying he made came to a conclusion to keep
a better eye. they dont have a child-parent relationship
otherwise, likely as theyre both to old for it. he has a step-dad/caretaker
relationship at best, and it really doesnt differ from the way he treats anyone 
else like Kitty or Nightcralwer, ect.
#41 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE:  
well we'll just agree to disagree. :)
#42 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel: 
yes, i agree you disagree. lmao!
#43 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

But doesn't Laura technically have a mother so doesn't she have only have of Wolverines DNA kinda like Superboy but  not gay!
#44 Posted by IrishX (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion is that I look at X-23 more as a daughter to Wolverine so I would go with sister/brother.
#45 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio
@davidkenneth said:
"But doesn't Laura technically have a mother so doesn't she have only have of Wolverines DNA kinda like Superboy but  not gay! "

Superboy is gay ?
#46 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@davidkenneth said:
" But doesn't Laura technically have a mother so doesn't she have only have of Wolverines DNA kinda like Superboy but  not gay! "
no, that was sort of already explained here.
#47 Posted by Handcannon (544 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" @Handcannon said:

@LauraX23 said:
" @Handcannon said:

That would be cooool ! 
"
Yeah , totally "
Not incest, but Wincest and just see them go at it in Ultimates
#48 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother and Sister 
#49 Edited by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX said:

" My opinion is that I look at X-23 more as a daughter to Wolverine so I would go with sister/brother. "

I think that their emotional relationship is more father/daughter but it's undeniable that their genetic relationship is more brother/sister, which would make her Daken's aunt.
#50 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@courtney12490: i'd say their genetic relationship is also father/daughter since half a child's genes comes from the mother and the other half her father, which would make them siblings.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.