Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

What do you want for X-23?

• 71 results
    FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By FourthDeity

Heres a small list of things i want for her

1. Popularity in the marvel universe** Shes probably my all time favorite and it would be great to see her as well known as storm,wolvy,cyclops and all those people ( even though it probably wont happen :/ )**
    2. Her to find herself **Should explain itself**
    3. Good solo series **Loved just about all of them**
    4. Her to become beyond an average street leveler** It would be awesome for her to become strong and a notch above everyone .**
    5. Her to reconnect with jubilee ** they had an AWESOME Friendship**
    6. Her to get cosmic powers back only to the point where she's like this. Her full power uni looks a little strange. This could be something to counteract her rage trigger into something positive
    FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FourthDeity

42 views no replies ( forever alone)

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By a0040pc

I replied. She most likely will be strong but not all that superhumanly strong.

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ambival1

@FourthDeity: Let me be the one who will break the ice. I am not quite a fan of the ongoing series (It's not that I dislike it, it just doesn't fit my expectations) mainly because it lacks that spy-action vibe, that was present in Kyle and Yost era. Thus I wish that her stories will be like that again. I adore her for being such a real action-psychological character - no one is as real as her. She is the only character that frequently uses real weapons and tactics rather than simply cutting her way through and she is too down-to-earth to be a superhero. But what I want for her most (it's ONLY MY DEMAND) is to break her affiliations with anyone. She is far more interesting as a stand alone character. The ongoing series gave a pinch of that solution, but then we had gambit, jubilee and other characters that broke her solitude which (together with the red narration boxes) made her a fancy character. It's only my demand and I may had gone too far with the statement, because of the #21 issue, which I'm planning to read soon.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OldManJoe

I want her to be a big player on a center stage X-Men team. Originnally I was hoping for her to end up on the Extinction Team after her series ended, but that was a long shot.

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By fbdarkangel

A movie!

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By hydrabob--defunct

I agree with 2, 3 & 5. The whole point of the Uni is that it's only supposed to be short lived. The Uni gives you the power you need to save the world and moves on. I'd like for her to be seen as more than just a regular Street Level character, but in a kind of Wolverine way that everyone gives her respect.

Also, is she fighting invisible soldiers?

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

I want her in the same title with Jubilee. I think their friendship in the X-23 series was awesome, and I'd like to see more of that dynamic. I'd definitely read a miniseries starring these two.

Also, I want her out of Avengers Academy and back into an X-Men title. WatX, the adjectiveless X-Men, Astonishing, or Legacy (so that she can hang out with Gambit again), preferably. I do like the fact that she's a loner who doesn't really belong in any team, but the problem with her being a character who travels from title to title and as a guest star is that her character developement isn't going to be consistent.

I'd also like to see her in a live-action adaptation one day. Played by Kaya Scodelario.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FourthDeity

@hydrabob: Thanks for the UNI info i didn't really understand it until now

xD you dont want her to become more popular? how come?

@MyraMyraMyra: It is ^_^ my favorite moment was that "girls night out" one. A live action would be beautiful xD

@ambival1: Same I agree the series now is eh.. her back in target X and chaos theory was just <3 <3. And X23 standing alone? I dunno about that. Her solo series were amazing but she's grown a tight bond to people like jubilee gambit wolvie and a whole bunch of others

@OldManJoe: A fan can only dream huh? xD its not over for her yet things can still happen

Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourthDeity: Well, then she'd just be like Wolverine, right? I like for the more youthful copies of characters to cut their own path and that doesn't have to be the popular one all the time.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FourthDeity

@hydrabob: True

But they are Sooo different in sooo many ways I think with the right writing she could be a breed of her own

ambival1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ambival1

@FourthDeity said:

@hydrabob: Thanks for the UNI info i didn't really understand it until now

xD you dont want her to become more popular? how come?

@MyraMyraMyra: It is ^_^ my favorite moment was that "girls night out" one. A live action would be beautiful xD

@ambival1: Same I agree the series now is eh.. her back in target X and chaos theory was just <3 <3. And X23 standing alone? I dunno about that. Her solo series were amazing but she's grown a tight bond to people like jubilee gambit wolvie and a whole bunch of others

@OldManJoe: A fan can only dream huh? xD its not over for her yet things can still happen

Well, I think I've gone little too far with this "demand". It's not that I don't like it, but in my opinion, the most interesting characters are usually dark and lonesome. Loneliness is also one of the main aspects of making a good psychological story, because having no one to help, you are all alone with your problems. Although I don't know the whole story, I'm pretty sure the story from the issue #21 is exactly what I'm talking about, so I shouldn't complain. But having back that spy-action vide is still my biggest demand.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

For her original writers to get back to writing her. If she was amazing when she first started than maybe they have something in store for her. Yes she should be a character who stands alone in her OWN series again. No more co-dependency and psychological traumas. Reminds me of Starfire from DC how after all these years she still hasn't adapted to Earth. Seriously.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ultimatekey

I would want for her to be in an X-men movie. Or better yet, how about she was in a Wolverine movie. After The Wolverine movie, I can see a movie based on the Dominant Species arc, featuring Wild Child, Feral and Thornn, Maximum Lobo, and Romulus, Wolf Cub, Wolfsbane, etc. Wolverine found out that a clone has been made from his DNA and X-23 fights him and later they reconcile and they are treated as father and daughter or brother and sister. I can see a big fight finale with Wolverine, X-23, and Dark Wolverine (Daken). After that, she and Wolfsbane is sent to Xavier's school. And then she makes an appearance in the 5th or sixth X-men movie as a main character and goes on a mission with Wolverine and the others. Kind of like X-Force. Also, it would be cool in the movie if they did a quick Wolfsbane origin story just like Rogue in the first X-men movie. Maybe a scene where her mutant powers manifest and her dad started an angry mob and she runs away and gets shot but healed from it and then she finds Maximus Lobo. I hope that Daken is born in The Wolverine movie and grows up and finally meets his father in a possible third Wolverine movie. I can see them having a big all-out fight. I can see him as an anti-hero maybe or neutral. Wolverine offers him a place in the X-men but he declines and leaves. I can see a scene in a future X-men movie where Daken is in his Dark Wolverine attire and one of the X-men confuses him for Wolverine or something. What do you guys think about this idea?

In X-Men: The Last Stand, when the Juggernaut said his infamous line, I can see an infamous line in like the Dominant Species movie. Kyle Gibney (Wild Child): You better watch out, cause Wolverine is gonna shred your a... (gets interrupted, maybe knocked out). Kyle Gibney could be like Sabretooth's henchmen.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @fbdarkangel said:

A movie!

Avatar image for prototypeenchanced
    PrototypeEnchanced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1. I'd like her to develop fully into three dimensional character. I loved what Majorie Liu did with her in her series. There was a scene where Laura asked a hotdog vendor if he would add (forgot the name of the topping or condiment) and when she went shopping with Jubilee where she disliked the clothes the vampire picked for her stating, "This is not me." Yet, another scene was when she ambushed a group of pirates and used nonlethal tactics to disable them instead of popping her claws and gutting them. These things may seem pointless but they show her developing into her own woman.

2. Her own solo series would be good until she finds her place in the world. After that I think it would be good for her to try and live a normal life away from the hustle and bustle of heroeing.

3. This is kinda of contradictory, but I think she should be the leader of something. A team, organization, or the like as that would cause her to leave her comfort zone and interact with others and force her to learn about other people in order to function as a competent leader.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17  Edited By x_29

1. Not to make her a popular character in the marvel universe, but rather a popular character in the X-men universe alone ( not extremely popular though)

2. To reconnect with jubilee and form unlikely friendships( Hope Summers for example)

3. Return to the x-men as a stronger individual both in mind and spirit.

4. Have her pretty solid solo title to return with Liu writing her.

5. No romantic relationships. Now is not the time.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FourthDeity

@x_29: 1- Yeah that actually sounds better

2- How would that work out

3- been hoping for that

4- oh god yes

5- couldn't agree more fuck hellion xD

Stammer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stammer6

I just want "Laura" to win in her struggle against "X-23". Where she can start to enjoy life and live as a human being (or at least like a casual mutant) and stop being used as a weapon. Though this is her biggest struggle, and as soon as it happens, the character would suddenly have very little meaning. So as much as I cheer Laura on to become normal, I know it's never going to happen.

Otherwise, I'm with the rest of you guys: I'd like her to get more recognition. I'd love for more X-23-focussed comics, more cameos in games and television shows, maybe even play a part in the next Wolverine movie that's supposedly coming out. Heck, if they could do it right, I'd love to see an X-23 movie (but ONLY if they could do it right-- there's a lot they could screw up, and I'd hate to see an X-23 movie where they screwed it up).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-23 team-up with Ghost Rider ,Spider-man and Ms.Marvel.

or maybe meet Richcochet in Avengers Academy ,or even join the Loners.

No Caption Provided
    Solarflare32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Solarflare32

X-23 ultimately needs to find herself and become more than just a female wolverine. She needs to form normal relationships and friendships. To develop her own supporting cast including her own villains one of which i would make hellion due to his attitude and to make a stand on her side in the marvel universe.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FourthDeity

@Stammer6: I agree completely a character as delicate as Laura can easily be messed up.

@ka385385: That would be awesome :o especially since she's already had history with spidey and rider

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FourthDeity

@Solarflare32: If a comic like that was ever made my life would be whole.. LOL I love the idea of hellion becoming Laura's enemy but he seems Way too strong for her to handle with his whole supersonic flight and all that.

It would still be awesome if done correctly

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourthDeity:

Yup lol

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By renamed040924

Less clothes.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By OldManJoe

@nickzambuto: But the fact that she doesn't dress in an over glorified swimsuit is one of her best qualities. I don't care how hot it would be, I wouldn't have her dressing like Emma.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FourthDeity

@OldManJoe: I thought I was the only one that thought so

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jrock85

I hate that she's been relegated to Avengers Academy. She belongs on the big stage.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By FourthDeity

@jrock85: THANK YOU.. I was starting to think I was the only one that cared

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jrock85

@FourthDeity said:

@jrock85: THANK YOU.. I was starting to think I was the only one that cared

Trust me, you're not.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ultimatekey

I can see her in a future X-men movie with Hellion. They are boyfriend/girlfriend, but after seeing his nasty attitude or him killing someone or putting a teammate in danger and not caring, she breaks up with him. I can see him trying to stop her with his telekinesis and Wolverine intervenes. He throws them to the wall and leaves and become a bad guy. Maybe when he is with the bad team, he has a change of heart after seeing X-23 get hurt. At the end of the movie, he leaves (becoming neutral), but before he leaves, he and X-23 share a final kiss.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#32  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

To join the Young Avengers.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FourthDeity

@jrock85: Do you think she would ever get that?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jrock85

@FourthDeity said:

@jrock85: Do you think she would ever get that?

I'm certain of nothing when it comes to those imbeciles at Marvel.

rokusan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rokusan23

Build her quirks, I dunno, like her love for spicy stuff. Discover her own likes and dislikes, preferences at that. Trivial and mundane, but it'll be amusing.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KingofMadCows

I want to see her simply experience life, develop her own preferences, feelings, and association.

I would love to see her become a bit selfish. All she has ever done is make sacrifices for her mission or her principles and she has always done it without hesitation or internal struggle because it is simply her default state. It would be interesting to see her develop some selfish desires and experience the conflicts that brings for the first time.

Eventually, I hope to see her lead her own team. Despite the fact that she was trained to work alone, she has the knowledge and experience to lead an effective team.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FourthDeity

@KingofMadCows: Selfish? I see where you come from but at the same time I don't. She actually rely's on her friends ( Wolvy jubilee Gambit people at the academy ) for comfort she hates the idea of being alone. But at the same time she could grow tired of giving and giving.Her leading her own team would be awesome.I can see her being a well put together Wolverine.Hell wolverine pretty much leads all his kids but messes up due to his temper.Something Laura doesn't have :)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#38  Edited By Teerack

I like her a lot at Avengers Academy. I hope she stays there.

When they expanded the school Hank brought up the idea of personal mentors, so i'd really like to see Black Widow become her mentor. They both have a lot in common.

saturnssailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By saturnssailor

When Black Widow asked X-23 to join the Avengers Academy I got the idea that she was going to be mentoring her. Too bad this doesn't seem to be the case. It would have been awesome. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Black Widow will mentor her.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an artist to put a shirt on her or please change the combat bra uniform

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Have her become a vigilante in New York. I think this would be an interesting direction, and would really allow her to grow a lot more as a character. Have her out of her comfort zone where she has to protect people she's never met and probably won't meet again. Throw in someone like Spidey, Luke Cage, or Iron Fist to teach her the ropes and be a mentor and BAM! Instant character growth(At least in my opinion.)

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By KingofMadCows

@FourthDeity said:

@KingofMadCows: Selfish? I see where you come from but at the same time I don't. She actually rely's on her friends ( Wolvy jubilee Gambit people at the academy ) for comfort she hates the idea of being alone. But at the same time she could grow tired of giving and giving.Her leading her own team would be awesome.I can see her being a well put together Wolverine.Hell wolverine pretty much leads all his kids but messes up due to his temper.Something Laura doesn't have :)

But her wants aren't really selfish. It is not selfish to want to be safe and away from pain, physical or emotional. They're some of the basic needs of a human being. And even though she occasionally relies on others for comfort, she always puts the needs of others above her own needs. She doesn't even try to persuade others to help her when it comes to personal matters. She only lets others help her when they make that decision themselves.

I'd like to see her learn to want the little things that people want, whether it's material goods, affection, intellectual pursuits, or the simple pleasures of life such as a nice meal or a good movie. I want to see her either try to persuade or maybe even manipulate someone into doing something that she wants. The emphasis being what she wants, not the greater good or the mission or what someone else wants her to do.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By John Valentine

Her to leave that damn Avengers Academy and get back with the X-Men.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FourthDeity

@KingofMadCows: Whoa I never actually looked at it that way.Although it would be nice for Laura to start getting her way I see her too quiet and timid to assert herself to do that.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KingofMadCows

@FourthDeity said:

@KingofMadCows: Whoa I never actually looked at it that way.Although it would be nice for Laura to start getting her way I see her too quiet and timid to assert herself to do that.

Well, X-23 is far more complex than people give her credit for. Unfortunately, the writers have yet to tap into the full potential of the character.

She has a very compartmentalized personality. There is a distinct separation between how she deals with what others want her to do and her own needs and desires. She can be assertive when she needs to accomplish a mission but she is timid when it comes to her own desires and needs.

Similarly, she has, or should have, an excellent understanding of how to emulate, evoke, and manipulate emotions and feelings, as well as how to accurately discern intentions and motivations. After all, she has extensive training in infiltration and espionage, and has participated in many missions where she had to pretend to be a normal girl. Yet, her understanding of feelings and motivations are very impersonal and analytical. Even though she knows how to manipulate people in order to achieve a goal, such as to hide her true nature or to get close to her target, she has little experience with dealing with her own feelings. She doesn't really know how to satisfy or placate her emotional needs and desires. She has trouble even identifying what she feels.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FourthDeity

@KingofMadCows: That is true. Didn't she start fooling Logan at one point or something? She has the tools to do this without a doubt. It would be interesting to see this side of her,Although I don't want people to think she's an asshole LOL.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#47  Edited By TheSuperHuman

I want her, in general. She's hot, and fierce. I have dreams where she's calling me, and we--- maybe I shouldn't detail that. Anyway.... she needs her series restarted. Not "New 52" restarted, just... jump-started to get going again. I miss her se-- awesomeness and stuff.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By oraclefyre

I want her back in the X-books.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KingofMadCows

I'd also like to see her broaden her existential search. Considering all the things she has been through and all the things she has seen, she shouldn't just be questioning herself, she should be questioning humanity as a whole. Instead of just searching for her own soul and asking the question of "am I human," she should be searching for humanity's soul and asking, "what is human." After all, it should be abundantly clear to her that people like Zander, Kimura, Stryker, the Facility, the Purifiers, etc., are far more damned than she is. The journey to find her own soul should coincide with the search for humanity's soul.

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By OldManJoe

Still want to see her back with the X-Men on one team or another.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.