Utopia or Jean Grey School?

Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio
I guess Laura chooses Wolverine over Cyclops. Maybe. Well, Pym and Logan talked so...
#1 Posted by Mayo88m (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he is her "father", and he's on this whole new paternal instinct kick. Kind of explains it. I hated the way she was introduced to the new book though. The spill she gave about herself seemed so forced it made me sick. lol It's a shame because I really liked the two issues of Avengers Academy before this one. I picked them up in preparation for Laura's coming, but I don't think the writers really get her from what I've read so far.

#2 Posted by OldManJoe (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping she chooses to go to Utopia, being its the less obvious choice.

#3 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

No she chose neither. Ya she took Wolverine up on his suggestion but she didn't want to be at the school anymore then she wanted to be at Utopia. 
She didn't want to be with the school because of the way they treated and looked at her like they were afraid like she was this monster that could kill them at any time. 
She said she didn't fit in with them.

#4 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

No she chose neither. Ya she took Wolverine up on his suggestion but she didn't want to be at the school anymore then she wanted to be at Utopia. She didn't want to be with the school because of the way they treated and looked at her like they were afraid like she was this monster that could kill them at any time. She said she didn't fit in with them.

She said this.... when? (O_o )

#5 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio
@rokusan23 said:

@Dernman said:

No she chose neither. Ya she took Wolverine up on his suggestion but she didn't want to be at the school anymore then she wanted to be at Utopia. She didn't want to be with the school because of the way they treated and looked at her like they were afraid like she was this monster that could kill them at any time. She said she didn't fit in with them.

She said this.... when? (O_o )

It was mentioned a few times in her book and other X-Titles.
#6 Edited by volnaib (44 posts) - - Show Bio

So she decides to dump Wolverine and "his kids" because they were afraid of her and comes to Cyclops who used her as a killer in his black-ops team? Please don't make me think Avengers Academy is the best choice for her now.

#7 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think Cyclops is the best choice for her. You know how he is, might send her to whatever. But I guess she could choose for herself now. Something like what Hope and her team does. A little field work here and there. No killing, just stabbing people... very lightly.

Unlikely. That would have nullified her whole self-searching thing flat.

But I'm betting my spleen on her joining Wolvie. The AA has this program of taking in part-time students right? I dont think Cyclops vouches with that kind of child's play. On the contrary, Wolvie might encourage it. There might be also this thing.... of her switching series every now and then, like Wolvie does. WaTXM then AA, few arcs here and there. Maybe.

Only time will tell...

#8 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Laura should have stayed on her own. Cancelling her book was incredibly stupid...

She chose no one. She doesn't want to go back to the same place she was before (the other X-students who failed to welcome her and who she failed to mesh with) - so this is just some ploy at the powers that be in Marvel to keep another book going. I was getting into Avengers Academy before the X-23 cancellation - but to say she needs to be with other teenage mutants for the sake of learning social skills and team-building is getting kind of stale in my opinion.

(Gah - sour grapes, I know....)

#9 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: First off, your avatar is awesome. I love Daria. That's her sister though, right? Ah~ sweet, sweet nostalgia. And nostalgia means I'm aging. (T^T )

Secondly, you have a point. Everyone should really stop pushing her to make friends, because she can and she she did. I don't understand why none of the writers has tackled her strong BFF friendship with Cess. I mean seriously. I've wondered why Liu didnt throw Cess into that critical point when Surge was ganging up on her. xD I mean, its not like she was drunk of anything (they had a party, right?). Besides, during that time Sooraya and Anole made it clear that she appreciates what Laura did. And the whole idea of the X-kids shunning her away because of what she did or what she was is getting overrated. After all that happened in Utopia, I reckon they'll be a little more lenient and accepting towards her.

Aaron is a great writer, he can make everybody stand out with wit and humor. Seeing Laura in light and funny situations would be refreshing, like during the New X-Men (God, I loved that series.) Kyle and Yost should really write their baby again (T^T ) They made her, after all.

Liu is a bad narwhal.

#10 Posted by snyderman567 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

If you go to the marvel database and wikipedia, she is listed on wolverine's side.

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@OldManJoe said:

I'm hoping she chooses to go to Utopia, being its the less obvious choice.

#12 Posted by daak1212 (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

No she chose neither. Ya she took Wolverine up on his suggestion but she didn't want to be at the school anymore then she wanted to be at Utopia. She didn't want to be with the school because of the way they treated and looked at her like they were afraid like she was this monster that could kill them at any time. She said she didn't fit in with them.

She still on Wolverine's side though, they both just know the school isnt the best place for her

#13 Posted by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:

@Dernman said:

No she chose neither. Ya she took Wolverine up on his suggestion but she didn't want to be at the school anymore then she wanted to be at Utopia. She didn't want to be with the school because of the way they treated and looked at her like they were afraid like she was this monster that could kill them at any time. She said she didn't fit in with them.

She still on Wolverine's side though, they both just know the school isnt the best place for her

Nah man there is nothing that suggest she is anymore on Wolverines side then Scotts. Ya she is cool with Wolverine closer to Wolverine but she's cool with Cyclops also. Plus unlike Wolverine he doesn't treat her like a child (her words) nor does she share his belief that the kids shouldn't fight.  It's everyone else who has a problem with Scott letting her be in X-Force but as she said it was her decision. Both places for one reason or another wasn't right for her that's why she didn't choose. No scratch that she did choose she chose Avenger Academy. It wasn't just that she felt both places weren't right for her which is true but she actually wanted to go there. Hell if it was the school that was the only problem then she would have followed Havok and Polaris to X-Factor like Wolverine sent them to do. 
As it is she went from one school to another.
#14 Edited by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

the school isnt her place and neither is scott's utopia so where would she go avengers academy i guess

if they want to keep her in the xbooks then the school would be better shes already lived the life of a killer its time to move on to have a nice and peaceful life or she could be a combat teacher

#15 Posted by War Killer (19500 posts) - - Show Bio

She could join the Young Avengers.

#16 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@rokusan23 said:

@lykopis: First off, your avatar is awesome. I love Daria. That's her sister though, right? Ah~ sweet, sweet nostalgia. And nostalgia means I'm aging. (T^T )

Secondly, you have a point. Everyone should really stop pushing her to make friends, because she can and she she did. I don't understand why none of the writers has tackled her strong BFF friendship with Cess. I mean seriously. I've wondered why Liu didnt throw Cess into that critical point when Surge was ganging up on her. xD I mean, its not like she was drunk of anything (they had a party, right?). Besides, during that time Sooraya and Anole made it clear that she appreciates what Laura did. And the whole idea of the X-kids shunning her away because of what she did or what she was is getting overrated. After all that happened in Utopia, I reckon they'll be a little more lenient and accepting towards her.

Aaron is a great writer, he can make everybody stand out with wit and humor. Seeing Laura in light and funny situations would be refreshing, like during the New X-Men (God, I loved that series.) Kyle and Yost should really write their baby again (T^T ) They made her, after all.

Liu is a bad narwhal.

Liu is a very bad narwhal. (I love that lolol).

And, yes, WTF---where did Cessily go?! >,>

#17 Posted by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't make a lot of sense. She stuck by Wolverines for a long time now, including the Avengers. Steve Rogers specifically wanted her to be watched by Wolverine and I think would've objected. I get where they're trying to draw X-23, Wolverine, and or X-Men readers into an Avengers title. Marvel has been persistent about this kind of cross pollination more lately than not, Secret Avengers being a shining example of this. And if all else it should have been FF since the seeds were sewn for that. Oh well, at least if she's written well and still present in comics.

#18 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

@rokusan23 said:

@lykopis: First off, your avatar is awesome. I love Daria. That's her sister though, right? Ah~ sweet, sweet nostalgia. And nostalgia means I'm aging. (T^T )

Secondly, you have a point. Everyone should really stop pushing her to make friends, because she can and she she did. I don't understand why none of the writers has tackled her strong BFF friendship with Cess. I mean seriously. I've wondered why Liu didnt throw Cess into that critical point when Surge was ganging up on her. xD I mean, its not like she was drunk of anything (they had a party, right?). Besides, during that time Sooraya and Anole made it clear that she appreciates what Laura did. And the whole idea of the X-kids shunning her away because of what she did or what she was is getting overrated. After all that happened in Utopia, I reckon they'll be a little more lenient and accepting towards her.

Aaron is a great writer, he can make everybody stand out with wit and humor. Seeing Laura in light and funny situations would be refreshing, like during the New X-Men (God, I loved that series.) Kyle and Yost should really write their baby again (T^T ) They made her, after all.

Liu is a bad narwhal.

Liu is a very bad narwhal. (I love that lolol).

And, yes, WTF---where did Cessily go?! >,>

SHE IS A DEVIOUS NARWHAL!! (._. )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.