Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

Trouble...

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By talon_x23

We've all see the recent comice covers fo X Force, and I can not wait for the Story Arch of X-23 which is coming on fast and a frined of mind on the site showed me this cover for X Force 20! And tell yah the truth things look bleak but that's why I like it! So basicly what do you think happens to her to cause all this hell that we've been seeing?

No Caption Provided

X-Force #17
    X-Force #17

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Note: that the
    Note: that the "clone"s are wearing X-23 old Weapon X Uniform

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

Possibilities: something happens to Julian
    -Someone from her past returns to haunt her
    -something bad happens to wolverine
    -her trigger scent is used against her again...

ahh endless

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vortex13

It's posible they are able to create more clones seeing as there are more then one of her on that last cover.

G-w-D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By G-w-D
    @Vortex13 said:
    "It's posible they are able to create more clones seeing as there are more then one of her on that last cover."

Thats what i don't get why would Hammer Create more Unstable assasins ?
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Something could happen to her, that makes her attack X-force..

They could just tell more about her past.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized

20 looks like an identity crisis

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

maybe she's going to get the full adamantium bonding

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DH69

ends with sex

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized
    @danhimself said:
    " maybe she's going to get the full adamantium bonding "
    if she's captured though... what does that mean for Tabitha?

and why would people make her stronger?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @pixelized said:
    "@danhimself said:
    " maybe she's going to get the full adamantium bonding "
    if she's captured though... what does that mean for Tabitha?

and why would people make her stronger?
    "

I imagine that she'll save Boom Boom before getting captured

maybe they brain wash her during the process
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k2

Ooh, I like the analysis of 'identity crisis' for issue 20. I was thinking there were literally more clones of Laura...but that makes sense.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SUNMAN
    @DH69 said:
    " ends with sex "
    lol
    LauraXx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LauraXx23
    @Vortex13 said:
    " It's posible they are able to create more clones seeing as there are more then one of her on that last cover. "
    Well, I think maybe they can create more clones but they need time to teach they how to kill people like X-23 does, because they teach X-23 for 13 years and now she can 'kill' Wolverine or someone like him, she scape from facility and killed all clone that was there, she scape like 5 years ago, or less, they can't creat and teach clones in 5 years... Well, maybe they can do this and I'm totally wrong...
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty

Anyone remember the X-Men & the Wolverine episode 'Foresight Part 2'?  Craig Kyle was one of three writers so I'm guessing he introduced the multiple Lauras in that story... and just as they did with X-23 from X-Men: Evolution and the MRD in W&tXM, they're bringing into the comics now...

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By talon_x23
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "Anyone remember the X-Men & the Wolverine episode 'Foresight Part 2'?  Craig Kyle was one of three writers so I'm guessing he introduced the multiple Lauras in that story... and just as they did with X-23 from X-Men: Evolution and the MRD in W&tXM, they're bringing into the comics now... "

Yah that was why I was so shocked when I saw that in the comics since it had already been intodued in the TV searies
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k2

Remember, though, that the concept was introduced back in X-23: Innocence lost. It was shown that she destroyed all the clone embryos; however, maybe she wasn't successful, or they made more.

Or this could be about identity crisis, as theorized. Maybe what happens is Laura DOES get adamantium implants, and the procedure breaks her mind and causes all sorts of new psychological trauma?

It could even be just Kimura coming back to get her, and proving that she's nothing more than a weapon. Or...heyoo, maybe Julian got kidnapped again (because, y'know, he just freed up a spot by getting rescued from the whole Legacy thing) and they use him to force her to do stuff! :-P  (I highly doubt that, but it'd fit with the amount of hostage work that boy does...he's doing, like, simultaneous dual kidnappings. Maybe he's got clones too! Oh my!)

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2: Yeah, there's just too many possibilites to even guess what's going to happen.  I was thinking of the other clones that they'd made, and it wouldn't be too surprising if SHIELD had claimed there were no survivors and had taken any surviving embryos.  I like that about X-Force; they always keep us guessing... and only sometimes we're right ;)

I'm sure that they will bring Kimura back into it.  It seems likely that under Norman Osborn's regime that she would be working for/with HAMMER, but I don't know if they'll bring her back so soon.  You just know she will be back, and it wont be pretty when they do...
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k2

Yup yup, all agreed. I'm content with this arc, very promising! As I've said before in some other thread, it's refreshing to have a comic that keeps me so interested in its plots =D

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor

agreed with above i think old normie is gonna give her so lab work to use her against scott , he did say he wants scott summer dead only a few issues ago in dark avenegrs , and corrupting someone off scotts own black ops team seems normans style

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xerox_kitty
    This bit puzzled me.  Morales has spent months tracking Laura down.  When she sees her being carried away like some sort of hog-roast she seems to be taken aback.  I think her slip where she was about to say SHIELD instead of HAMMER might show her loyalties, but I always assumed she was doing it for the job anyway... I just can't figure out what part Morales is going to play in this.  Before she was the aggressive pursuer, but now I'm not so sure.  Think she'll be some sort of help??

X-Force #17
    X-Force #17

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alaric

Man, I can't wait to see more. It looks like this arc is really going to be interesting.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k2
    X-force #19: "NOT FORGOTTEN" X-23's past catches up to her in the worst way possible, at the worst time possible...and X-Force can't find her. X-23's only hope is the one woman who's been working to take her down since issue TWO...Agent Morales. But can either of them survive against the one foe X-23 has never beaten? PLUS! The Leper Queen's secrets are revealed! And another member of Selene's 'Inner Circle' is revealed as her unspeakable plan gets one step closer to reality. Part 3 (of 4) 32 PGS"

http://marvel.com/catalog/?id=12837

It would seem that Agent Morales is indeed going to help her. I bet the one foe she's never beaten is Kimura!
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2 said:
    "It would seem that Agent Morales is indeed going to help her. I bet the one foe she's never beaten is Kimura!"

It certainly looks that way... That's still two issues away.  Damn, can't wait!!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This isn't going to be the Clone Saga: X-Men Style is it?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xerox_kitty

I doubt it.  Laura is already a clone (albeit with a twist), but Kyle & Yost have never dragged the story down to anything on the Clone Saga's level.  I'm sure they'll keep us guessing right up until the end.  At least, I hope that.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k2

Hahaha unless we get another tip-off from Mike Carey, bless his heart. (I am referencing the unintentional leak on Julian surviving the X-force ordeal).

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xerox_kitty

Preview images of X-Force #18.  Nothing too spoilery: 

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k2

Grrr, one awesome panel of Laura in captivity, one awesome panel of Domino reacting to Nori blowing up (which we've seen before)....and then three whole panels of preview wasted on the stupid wolf story -.-

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2: LOL!  Well, I like the art in the wolfie story :)  But poor Laura... being strung up like that :(
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By bioghost

it make me sad to see Laura like that
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xerox_kitty

From CBR's article on the X-Men Panel in Chicago, this seems to relate to the multiple Lauras cover: 

Asked whether Deadpool mentioning X-29 in "Messiah War" was a joke, Kyle smiled thoughtfully before answering. "Here's the thing. Chris and I probably have less issues ahead of us with X-23 than we do behind us," Kyle said. He saw his and Yost's role as "going from the guys who effed her up to the guys who protected her." "We're going to do every story we fear is in her future now" to prevent bad stories in future. "We want to establish her so that when someone effs her up, you'll scream about it." He said X-29 was a joke by Deadpool, but may also be true.      

If you look at the cover for X-Force #20 there are 6 Lauras.  X23 + 6 = X29??? 

There were also a couple of other snippets.  These were in response to fan questions: 

"There's a team coming up with Doctor Nemesis and X-23," Yost said. "They're both very happy people," Kyle added. 

Daken and X-23 will not have an incestuous sexual relationship, Kyle said, though a fan quipped that the writer just said he trying to tell all the potential bad X-23 stories. "That might be the one I don't tell."

X-Force #20
    X-Force #20

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k2

Aww, I really don't want to think about X-23 not being written by Kyle & Yost :-(  most writers just can't handle Laura. 

Also, Laura's going to be in a new team? o_O  Does this mean that she will be leaving X-force? Or, as Wolverine's clone, does she also possess the talent of being on like 10 different teams simultaneously? 

Vallary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vallary
    @bioghost: Me 2. I was kinda depressed a little after seeing the cover with Archangel. She shouldn't suffer so much...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.