“They’re clones! they’re not real!!”

  • 80 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken's not a clone...he's Wolverine's actual son. Only Laura Kinney is a clone, and as said before it's sketchy as to how pure of a clone she is. I more agree with the twin theory. She's like Logan's sister, so to speak, and she has her own life, her own views, her own experiences.

The fact that she is not a pure clone does not mean, of course, that she doesn't have self esteem issues. She was bred (or cloned) in a test tube, given no proper childhood, trained as a weapon with no sense of self...of course she's going to think she's not real. Anyone would have a little trouble adjusting their mindset after that. She lived her whole life in a state of trauma...she's got baaaaad PTSD. Oh yeah, and the trauma hasn't ended.

But, yeah, Laura's real, not equal to one of Sinister's cheap clones. She doesn't go around passing herself off as Wolverine, now, does she?

#52 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio
k2 said:
"Daken's not a clone...he's Wolverine's actual son. Only Laura Kinney is a clone, and as said before it's sketchy as to how pure of a clone she is. I more agree with the twin theory. She's like Logan's sister, so to speak, and she has her own life, her own views, her own experiences. The fact that she is not a pure clone does not mean, of course, that she doesn't have self esteem issues. She was bred (or cloned) in a test tube, given no proper childhood, trained as a weapon with no sense of self...of course she's going to think she's not real. Anyone would have a little trouble adjusting their mindset after that. She lived her whole life in a state of trauma...she's got baaaaad PTSD. Oh yeah, and the trauma hasn't ended.But, yeah, Laura's real, not equal to one of Sinister's cheap clones. She doesn't go around passing herself off as Wolverine, now, does she?"
It is not sketchy at all. They had a viable clone before they had the surrogate mother. X-23 is only the genetic material of Wolverine and nothing else.
#53 Posted by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Korg said:

"John Valentine said:
"She's not tehcnically a Wolvie clone, she's a girl created using Wolverine's DNA..............."
Pssst. That is technically a clone."
No.

The term clone is used to describe a genetically identical organism, which X-23 is not.

She's more like his artifially created genetic daughter.



X-23 is a genetical sister (irã genetica)... I think that's how Sarah call she...
#54 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

To address a previous post; She is made up of only Wolverine. There is no Kinney is Laura. 

#55 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
LauraXx23 said:
"No.

The term clone is used to describe a genetically identical organism, which X-23 is not.She's more like his artifially created genetic daughter.X-23 is a genetical sister (irã genetica)... I think that's how Sarah call she... "
This topic has already been thoroughly discussed in this thread.
#56 Posted by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, I didn't read that =S

#57 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does this keep getting bumped?

Moderator
#58 Posted by X-23/Elixir (32 posts) - - Show Bio

She mutalates herself

#59 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@X-23/Elixir said:
"She mutalates herself"
Yes.



#60 Posted by X-23/Elixir (32 posts) - - Show Bio

So I guess she knows and is still emo about it.

#61 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there for I am, regardless of how your born if you can quote Descartes while screaming oww those blooming claws hurt then your real.

#62 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
X-23/Elixir said:
So I guess she knows and is still emo about it.
Self Mutulation isn't just about emo, people do it for all sorts of reasons. For instance i was having hallucinations once and felt like I had bugs crawling under me skin on my chest and shoulder blades and used a box cutter to get them out so its not necessarily about depression. There is self mutilation for religion for initiation and so forth.
#63 Posted by X-23/Elixir (32 posts) - - Show Bio
Vortex13 said:
X-23/Elixir said: So I guess she knows and is still emo about it. Self Mutulation isn't just about emo, people ... [more]
Think about her life and what she's been through. She is VERY EMOTIONAL. It's even mentioned that her mental age is younger then her Chronological  aging. She's 17 with the mental capacity of a 13 year old.
#64 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea her self mutilation is about depression and... well probably teenage angst bull sh!t. I was just bringing up the point that people do self mutilation for all sorts of reasons.

#65 Edited by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio

Self mutilation is about many things one is finding and emotional outlet for an emotion to complex to express, others are survivors guilt feelings of inadequacy, It's is even addictive like a drug for that adrenalin or endorphin release.  Others who want to wear a badge of their pain for all to see.

Me i can't be abiding pain in any way or form what so ever , an you have to say it some buggers are just plain crazy

#66 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe that a very dead thread has been resurrected and turned into a discussion on self-harming.  There's something very strange about that.

#67 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox_kitty said:
I can't believe that a very dead thread has been resurrected and turned into a discussion on self-harming. There's something ... [more]
You think that's strange!! I'm replying to a frigging fraggle, and the clone i rented to clean my kitchen seems to be violently chopping my fruit and veg
#68 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
AgentOrange said:
xerox_kitty said: I can't believe that a very dead thread has been resurrected and turned into a discussion on self-harming. ... [more]

Watch it pal... this Fraggle led the assault team against the Doozer Rebellion of '98.  I mauled as many of those little green suckers before I enslaved the rest.  After that, my lust for power wasn't satisfied so I went to the surface and gnawed on the ankles of any passers by, making them drop the ground so I could steal their jewellery & wallets ;)

Gotta go, the men in white jackets are at the door...
#69 Edited by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
AgentOrange said: xerox-kitty said: I can't believe that a very dead thread has been resurrected and turned into a discussion ... [more]
The great Sado masochistic Fraggle has spoken!



#70 Edited by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I think maybe she only wanna feel something or she thinks she needs to do that 'cause when something wasn't perfect with the mission in the complex Kimura torture her so maybe she think she needs to be torture 'cause she failed... I don't know

#71 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
LauraXx23 said:
I think maybe she only wanna feel something or she thinks she needs to do that 'cause when something wasn't ... [more]
Good answer she's been brain washed and programmed by being hurt if she fails the mission so as a good soldier when no ones around to do it to her she does it to her self Damn why didn't i think of that
#72 Edited by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio
AgentOrange said:
LauraXx23 said: I think maybe she only wanna feel something or she thinks she needs to do that 'cause when ... [more]

I think you are not a masochist... It's hard to think of that if you never cut yourself... I don't know, sometimes it's easy to undestand Laura and sometimes it's not
#73 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
LauraXx23 said:
AgentOrange said: LauraXx23 said: I think maybe she only wanna feel something or she thinks she needs to do that ... [more]

So basically we have com to the conclusion that X-23 is more complex a human character then me.  Problem solved  clones real unfortunately I am not, so eh  i have to go throw my self into a vat of hot melting silent Green,damn!


#74 Edited by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
When I inflicted harm on myself it was usually do to my psychosis, but i do find seeing myself bleed calming so idk I guess I'm crazy lol

@AgentOrange:


LMAO, your real no worries.
#75 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13: LAMO as always !!
#76 Posted by LauraXx23 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

what is LAMO?

#77 Posted by AgentOrange (306 posts) - - Show Bio
@LauraXx23: laughing my ass off, if not I have been insulted by two out of three people on here!
#78 Posted by LauraX23 (1574 posts) - - Show Bio
I thought it was Warren that said that ....... O.o
#79 Posted by LauraXKinney (49 posts) - - Show Bio

ya it was him but then laura agred with him and encouraged him to fight.
#80 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

not much scares me, but this is certainly one of those things that does.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.