Follow

X-23

Character » X-23 appears in 2383 issues.

X-23 is a product of the Weapon X program, born from a damaged sample of Wolverine's DNA. She has recently aged up, being saved from the Vault.

The Wolverine Mantle

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By SladeRogers

Wolverine has been stated as the best killer in the Marvel Universe, then his son Daken comes into view and takes this title. So my question is, can Laura ever be the best at what they do? Could she be more ruthless than both Logan and Daken?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

If she wanted to maybe
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

She's less emotional, which makes her more dangerous.  Her mind clinically pin-points dozens of ways to kill.  And then there's the other side of her when she comes into contact with the Trigger Scent.  She's then unstoppable.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By k2

I'd say so. Laura's just less of a braggart :oP another redeeming quality! Plus she's a GIRL! Wahoo! Go X!!!!! Seriously, I love Wolverine, and I think Daken is pretty cool, but Laura can definitley give them a run for their money. It's already been proven that X-23 can out-perform Wolverine in combat, both his holographic records and in hand-to-hand combat with him (X-23 Target X TPB). Daken...they haven't had an actually fight yet (save for one panel in the Utopia fight which I don't count); but apparently there will be an X-23/Daken fight coming up in her miniseries, which I very much look forwards to. THAT will count! :oD

Also, I agree with xerox-kitty. The fact that she's unemotional about killing makes her much more efficient at it. She is the judge, jury and executor all rolled into one package; she is impartial and clinical, focusing on the job so there is nothing to impede her performance (whereas Daken puts a lot of mixed-up emotions into his kills...he's a psychopath....and killing is often wrapped in emotions for Wolverine too, not psychopathic but more honor based/etc, depending on situation). And the Trigger scent DOES put her into a rage that I doubt Wolverine could compete with. In X-force, she routed trigger scent through the sprinkler system, and even with only one arm and two , still bleeding from having her arm cut off, she took out an entire base of armed soldiers. The fact that trigger scent can be washed away also means that if one knows what to do when she is in a trigger rage (like Megan, her cousin, knew to run to the shower), she can be snapped out of it, wheras Wolverine's rage just runs its course. 

Finally I will make a point about the fact that Laura only has Adamantium coating her claws, while Wolverine's entire skeleton is coated. Because of this it has been suggested that Laura's healing factor is faster than his, as it has been said that Logan's healing factor is taxed with constantly healing him of Adamantium poisoning. When his Adamantium was removed by Magneto, he healed faster and could sense vibrations through the ground via bone conduction. He was also more flexible. Now his bones are Adamantium coated again, and Laura's are not. By that logic, and the fact that she is cloned from his DNA, she possesses the abilities pf Wolverine without the Adamantium, giving her the edge. Her bones can break but her healing factor is very fast so that usually doesn't slow her down.

Whew, I am done!

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MoonstoneEvil

@k2: You already posted a lot of what I was thinking. Lol 
    I think it also might be worth noting though that when X-23 was in hand-to-hand combat with Wolverine ( in Target X) his heart wasn't exactly in it so that may have given her an advantage. 

If she was always in a trigger rage I think she'd definitely have a chance at being the "best at what they do".

PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By PumpkinBomb

I'm gonna withhold judgment until the inevitable female clone of Sabretooth shows up to fight her. It's only a matter of time.

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By Deadknight
    @k2:

While her healing-factor may be better due to a lack of adamantium, she is most likely still somewhat slower at healing than Wolverine and Daken, since they have had time to mature their healing-factors over the years, though I guess that is a fairly trivial thing. I do recall an istance in New X-men when Laura nearly died after fighting Nimrod and she had to be rushed to an infirmary, so maybe I'm just basing my opinion on that particular instance.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k2
    @Deadknight said:

" @k2: While her healing-factor may be better due to a lack of adamantium, she is most likely still somewhat slower at healing than Wolverine and Daken, since they have had time to mature their healing-factors over the years, though I guess that is a fairly trivial thing. I do recall an istance in New X-men when Laura nearly died after fighting Nimrod and she had to be rushed to an infirmary, so maybe I'm just basing my opinion on that particular instance. "

Laura's healing factor was artificially triggered at a young age (somewhere around 8 or so, by radiation poisoning), so it's further along than her age would suggest. Also healing of any kind is generally better in a child/teen than an adult, so I think that might work in her favor as well. Can't guarentee how that would effect a healing factor, but I *suspect* it's another point as to why it would be more powerful. 

I haven't seen Wolverine or Daken get hit by  Nimrod, but my understanding is that the blasts are so strong that neither would be able to recover. It's supposed to be the 'ultimate, unbeatable' X-men foe. In Cyclops' own words, they have never defeated Nimrod, and he was impressed that the kids managed it. Stating that to make a case of how powerful Nimrod is. Unless there has been published proof that either Wolverine or Daken were directly in the line of fire and received a frontal blast, I don't think they would be able to handle it either. (Note: I recognize I might be wrong on this point, but this is the opinion I've formed based on what I've seen. :o) 

Clarifying what I said before, I think Laura's healing factor is slightly better than Wolverine's due to the sans-Adamantium, and on par with Daken's, as he doesn't have Adamantium either (as far as I know). 

@MoonstoneEvil said:

" @k2: You already posted a lot of what I was thinking. Lol 
    I think it also might be worth noting though that when X-23 was in hand-to-hand combat with Wolverine ( in Target X) his heart wasn't exactly in it so that may have given her an advantage.  If she was always in a trigger rage I think she'd definitely have a chance at being the "best at what they do". "

The thought that Wolverine's heart might not have been in the fight is fair. I think she could have still at least held her own, and there is the fact that she is very clever in fighting and will improvise. As I said before, she is confirmed by the facility to best Wolverine by several minutes on holographic simulations with improvisation.). I also think that Laura's size, flexibility, and foot claws give her an advantage, in addition to the sans-Adamantium skeleton (she is lighter weight, and is very fast at attacks). She basically has two more limbs to inflict injury with, and she's highly trained in using them. She can perform flips and extreme movements far more often than Logan has ever been shown to do. He is stronger, true, but that might not help him if he can't catch Laura in a position to use that against her.   

In the end, I guess it comes down to the fact that we haven't SEEN a real fight between the two. My guess is that Laura would come out winner, but it could go either way. If Wolverine was in a rage, and she was not, there is a chance that she might outwit him (or she could get overwhelmed by the rage). That would be interesting to see. It could even be shown by explaining it as a simulation, or that they were training. Logan might NOT hold back in this instance (just not deal a killing blow) because he would want her to do her best which equals her best chance at survival. 

Now for Daken...I don't really know enough about his training, and as I said before I don't think he has an Adamantium-coated skeleton. I heard that the Miramasa was removed from his claws. I think X-23 would win again, based on the fact that she is not emotional about kills or fighting, but then again Daken has his pheromones ability, which she has not been shown to have. Also if he had the Miramasa blades, I'd factor that as another advantage. Doesn't that mean she couldn't heal from his cuts? The advantages she has over Daken are again size, speed and foot claws in addition to hands, plus her lack of emotional involvement. Hard to say what the outcome would be, but like I said I think X-23. Probably just my fan-girl rooting! :o) This again will be an interesting fight, and one that we might get to see since Marjorie Liu promised something will happen between the two. 

Now...no one considered the fact that Laura is a girl. What happens if she's having PMS when either fight goes down? I'd say neither male would stand a chance :oP lolol! She'd just glare at them and they'd wither away to nothing...forget fighting! >,>
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

The Punisher is a better killer than any of them.

MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MoonstoneEvil
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " The Punisher is a better killer than any of them. "
    Didn't he get killed by Daken at one point recently?
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @MoonstoneEvil said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Didn't he get killed by Daken at one point recently? "
    That doesn't make him a worse killer. Besides, he was surrounded by H.A.M.M.E.R. at the time.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @PumpkinBomb said:
    " @MoonstoneEvil said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    That doesn't make him a worse killer. Besides, he was surrounded by H.A.M.M.E.R. at the time. "
    In a nutshell :)
    MoonstoneEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MoonstoneEvil
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @PumpkinBomb said:
    " @MoonstoneEvil said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    That doesn't make him a worse killer. Besides, he was surrounded by H.A.M.M.E.R. at the time. "
    In a nutshell :) "
    Fair enough. :) 
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By frogjitsu
    @k2 said:
    Now...no one considered the fact that Laura is a girl. What happens if she's having PMS when either fight goes down? I'd say neither male would stand a chance :oP lolol! She'd just glare at them and they'd wither away to nothing...forget fighting! >,> "
    This just made my day, funniest thing I heard all week.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Yet a little ten year old girl can knock him out?
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By k2
    @frogjitsu said:
    " @k2 said:
    Now...no one considered the fact that Laura is a girl. What happens if she's having PMS when either fight goes down? I'd say neither male would stand a chance :oP lolol! She'd just glare at them and they'd wither away to nothing...forget fighting! >,> "
    This just made my day, funniest thing I heard all week. "
    It's funny coz it's truuuee!!! =P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

Yet a little ten year old girl can knock him out? "

So? A ten year old girl with a baseball bat could flatten Ted Bundy, but not get near Tom Cruise due to security. That has nothing to do with anything.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Don't you think a "great" killer would have been able to protect himself against Molly Hayes?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.